Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So they added more inventory to the full season for this round but at the new business price it looks like. Those $119 223 seats are $89 for tenured full season.

Are you stuck paying that new business price the entire time? I remember reading a while back that after year 1 they flex you back to tenured price.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
So they added more inventory to the full season for this round but at the new business price it looks like. Those $119 223 seats are $89 for tenured full season.

Are you stuck paying that new business price the entire time? I remember reading a while back that after year 1 they flex you back to tenured price.
Pretty sure you eventually get the tenure price at some point, but I cannot confirm that.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

New business price is for the first year. Renewals revert to regular pricing. At least that's how it used to be.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013

I bet they’re looking to see if they can capitalize on appetite for people to become STHs that never had the opportunity before, and thus are inflating the prices. I have no problem telling my rep I’m not signing up, if the prices are this absurd (for new business at least).

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
New business price is for the first year. Renewals revert to regular pricing. At least that's how it used to be.

If that’s the case and you could get confirmation, not a horrible way to get your foot in the door especially at one of the row 15+ price points if they’re left. You’ll get abused on resale this upcoming year but you’ll jump ahead of new customers and half’s next year for relocation and get the tenured price point. Seems like a better deal then settling for a half.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
If they have the money to spend then good for them, but if they plan on being able to re-sell decently a chunk of games, they are in for a rude awakening.
Value wise those might have been the best seats in the lower bowl..basically a double price break for row 16 and then one section off of dead center

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Value wise those might have been the best seats in the lower bowl..basically a double price break for row 16 and then one section off of dead center
That's how bad the lower bowl is though. Even the best "value" seat is still going to hit you in the re-sell market.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I'm not surprised that there are quite a few seats at the price break row. It makes sense that people do not want those tickets, as row 15 is significantly cheaper, and they were able to get something closer.

I'm thinking MSG is going to change their price points soon (in terms of the rows). I could see them breaking up row 3-14 and even row 15+. Could see something like 3-8, 9-12, 13-17, and 18+.

They can't sell row 14 seats. They're always open on ticketmaster when single games show up. Adding in some price points would open up those rows.
That would make more sense, but there is always going to be someone stuck at the price break.

Not sure if the Flyers price each row differently, at one time they did as someone here alluded to. If the Rangers did it, I DOUBT they would make the middle row of the section the average price and adjust accordingly. For example, upper bowl upper center is not going to be row 20 for $89 and row 21 $87 and row 19 $91. They would likely either make the last row in the section $89, and add a few bucks to each row as you move down. OR, make row 3 the higher price for the lower part of upper bowl and work there way down with an increase to the upper section.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
That would make more sense, but there is always going to be someone stuck at the price break.

Not sure if the Flyers price each row differently, at one time they did as someone here alluded to. If the Rangers did it, I DOUBT they would make the middle row of the section the average price and adjust accordingly. For example, upper bowl upper center is not going to be row 20 for $89 and row 21 $87 and row 19 $91. They would likely either make the last row in the section $89, and add a few bucks to each row as you move down. OR, make row 3 the higher price for the lower part of upper bowl and work there way down with an increase to the upper section.

I just did a quick search and it doesn't appear it was the Flyers. But I do remember seeing a seating chart where the price changed by ~$3 every row. There may have been a higher premium for row 1, but after that the price change was fairly constant.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I just did a quick search and it doesn't appear it was the Flyers. But I do remember seeing a seating chart where the price changed by ~$3 every row. There may have been a higher premium for row 1, but after that the price change was fairly constant.
It definitely was the flyers. I went to philly the year they did it for Rangers-Flyers. Might not have been for STH, but it was definitely on individual sales.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It definitely was the flyers. I went to philly the year they did it for Rangers-Flyers. Might not have been for STH, but it was definitely on individual sales.

I know what you’re talking about, it was for seasons too. The upper bowl they priced by row (each row closer was a $2 or $3 increase) and the lower bowl was priced like normal in terms of center ice, end zone, corner, etc.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

OK, so I did remember it right. Couldn't find the price chart online when I searched earlier.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

However they choose to price seats by row, they are going to make sure that the total rake in sales does not decrease. If the last row sells at $89, just add $2 per row going down to Row 3.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Anyone know when 6/22 tix hit the account? Emailed my rep and got an "we are all OOTO at Training" message.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
However they choose to price seats by row, they are going to make sure that the total rake in sales does not decrease. If the last row sells at $89, just add $2 per row going down to Row 3.

That is the most equitable way to price them. You want to move up 3 rows, be willing to pay $6 more per ticket. Want to pay $6 less per ticket, move back three rows. The way it is now with one row paying so much more or less than the row directly in front or behind is asinine.

Reactions: Section311

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That is the most equitable way to price them. You want to move up 3 rows, be willing to pay $6 more per ticket. Want to pay $6 less per ticket, move back three rows. The way it is now with one row paying so much more or less than the row directly in front or behind is asinine.
That's the way it is in Philadelphia, incremental price increases for every row. But the Rangers haven't had to do that, they may reconsider though with the glut of seats on the wrong side of the price breaks

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Looks like the flyers went away from the “every row has a price” format: Season Ticket Memberships

Photo is from 2013 I think:
IMG_2222_medium.jpg

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Looks like the flyers went away from the “every row has a price” format: Season Ticket Memberships

Photo is from 2013 I think:
IMG_2222_medium.jpg

They actually have more tiers now, but they are simply grouped differently.

Row 1 is row 1, no matter where it is.
Center ice has three tiers.
Each defensive zone has three tiers, but the attack twice end is priced higher.
End ice has three tiers, but the attack end twice end is priced higher.

So they have 1 + 3 + 2(3) + 2(3) = 16 tiers now instead of 15.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Any word on draft party tix? Still not in my account.
Same. But they released free tickets on ticketmaster, which sold out. Som are now on stubhub.

Any chance STH tix will have anything the general public's won't (reserved seating, food voucher)? I'm not hopeful, but it'd be nice.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
Anyone speak to their rep about the draft party tickets?? I would call but still don’t have a rep..lol

I emailed my rep this morning and just got back this reply:

"You are all set for Friday. The tickets will be uploaded to your account either tomorrow or Wednesday and you’ll receive an email with confirmation details/instructions."

Reactions: Blockheads88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->