Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I also have a new hire. Was annoyed last year because she kept telling me she could get me a playoff strip if I put down a deposit, but when the time came she gave me the usual BS. At that time, I told her I'd even take a single ticket strip and she assured me that a single ticket strip would happen. Sure enough, nada. Really wasn't expecting to get a strip with the demand, but just felt annoyed that she egged me on/didn't know what she was talking about.

Wow, maybe its just me but you seem pretty calm about that. I would have lost it! I can't believe your rep did that...

m429

Apr 24, 2012
Wow, maybe its just me but you seem pretty calm about that. I would have lost it! I can't believe your rep did that...

I was a first-time STH so I didn't want to start off on a bad foot with my rep. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like she genuinely thought that she'd be able to get me a strip and didn't know the demand would be so high.

In hindsight, I probably should have tried to escalate it...

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I also have a new hire. Was annoyed last year because she kept telling me she could get me a playoff strip if I put down a deposit, but when the time came she gave me the usual BS. At that time, I told her I'd even take a single ticket strip and she assured me that a single ticket strip would happen. Sure enough, nada. Really wasn't expecting to get a strip with the demand, but just felt annoyed that she egged me on/didn't know what she was talking about.

I got that from my rep last year. He did wind up taking care of me, but I had to complain a lot to him.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
By the time I got to log in and look the only halfs available were in the lower bowl or on the bridges. I know that I'm late to the party though so it's ok. I ended up picking a mini in the 400s because its my favorite place to sit and I figured I would go to most of the games.

Problem is the last 3-4 years I've spent wayyyyyy to much money on playoff tickets, but it is what it is.
That's the reason why I took the Chase Bridge when they offered me a half season even though it was a bit pricey. Playoffs tickets go crazy on the secondary markets and I refuse to pay $250 - $500 for one seat.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not really STH info but for those going to opening night...

Use your Chase credit or debit card at any concessions stand within MSG on Rangers and Knicks Opening Night to receive 50% off your purchase of food and beverage, excluding alcohol.

Also....

Chase Freedom Weekends: During Saturday and Sunday Knicks and Rangers games, use the Chase Entrance located at 31st Street and 8th Avenue and show any Chase credit or debit card to receive a $5 voucher good on food and beverage concessions.

https://madisonsquaregarden.chase.com/benefits_newyorkcity.html

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I was a first-time STH so I didn't want to start off on a bad foot with my rep. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like she genuinely thought that she'd be able to get me a strip and didn't know the demand would be so high.

In hindsight, I probably should have tried to escalate it...

I'm complimenting your restraint, haha. I just think I would have lost it, personally.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Islanders Brooklyn experiment off to a rough start. Opener dropped to $20 on stubhub and was over 1000 eaten tickets:

CQ6f-A3WoAApV45.jpg

For today's 1:00 PM holiday game, double the amount unsold on ticketmaster:

FGE3III.jpg

http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...yn-new-york-10-12-2015/event/00004EE1F0AF8776

And on stubhub, 1700 unsold with lowers going for $40

https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-is...-brooklyn-barclays-center-10-12-2015-9342089/

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Islanders Brooklyn experiment off to a rough start. Opener dropped to $20 on stubhub and was over 1000 eaten tickets:

CQ6f-A3WoAApV45.jpg

For today's 1:00 PM holiday game, double the amount unsold on ticketmaster:

FGE3III.jpg

http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...yn-new-york-10-12-2015/event/00004EE1F0AF8776

And on stubhub, 1700 unsold with lowers going for $40

https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-is...-brooklyn-barclays-center-10-12-2015-9342089/

I was talking to someone I know to went to the opener and they said the LIRR was a disaster. So much for the easy train ride to Brooklyn

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It's still early, but I warned people against getting Islanders tickets for speculative purposes. This is not at all surprising to a lot of people.

I'm planning on going to the 12/2 game but the islanders on ticketmaster wanted (and still wants) ridiculous prices. Stubhub (and ticketmaster resale) is a lot saner. What's funny is that the prices for sections near where the rangers shoot twice are more expensive than where the isles shoot twice (at least upstairs).

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'm planning on going to the 12/2 game but the islanders on ticketmaster wanted (and still wants) ridiculous prices. Stubhub (and ticketmaster resale) is a lot saner. What's funny is that the prices for sections near where the rangers shoot twice are more expensive than where the isles shoot twice (at least upstairs).

I've actually been keeping track of prices in my section at Barclays. They have been really lowering prices as it gets closer to game time.

The home opener in my seats was $275 before the season and went down to $70 the week before the game.
Tonight's game was $55 for full season ticket holders and ticket master has it for $45.

I can't tell you what the 'get in' price is going to be, but I can tell you that it will probably be lower than it is now.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Seems a lot tougher this year to move early season tickets. Lots of October and November home games.

There's always a lot of October and November games because of the dates MSG likes to leave open but the difficulty in moving tickets this year probably has more to do with the Mets being in the playoffs and the football teams actually being decent.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Seems a lot tougher this year to move early season tickets. Lots of October and November home games.

There's always a lot of October and November games because of the dates MSG likes to leave open but the difficulty in moving tickets this year probably has more to do with the Mets being in the playoffs and the football teams actually being decent.

Seems exactly like last year. This is the point of maximum supply, everybody has their tickets in hand and selling every game. Then December hits and everybody wants to see hockey and spend with the family when it's freezing out. And then January comes around and all of a sudden there's no tickets left for anything and prices shoot up. Next playoffs and insane prices and everyone forgets the low beginning of the year prices and we do it all over again the following October.

But yes, right now many are focussed on the Mets

But it can't get any worse than for the Islanders. Saturday night and there's 1300 unsold tickets with 20 minutes to go. There's a guy that dropped a quarter million dollars on 6 glass seats and he can't give them away. There's no takers above $200 for $1000 seats and he ends up eating about 4 seats per game. Prices don't matter for them, there's just not enough fans to watch in Brooklyn. It's great for hockey fans in NYC, sit wherever you want and name your price

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia