Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone having issues with their account? I still can't print/transfer Monday's game.

Nope, 9/21 tickets went live for printing yesterday 7 pm as advertised, everything else has been live for transfer for a while, and this morning everything went live for resale.

And BTW, this is a new policy that hasn't been talked about; when you buy off of ticket exchange or TM+, you cannot print the tickets right away. You are limited to the same 72 hour rule as the season ticket holder.

I haven't seen this policy used by any other team before. There are a bunch of consequences to this, (1) there won't be any PDFs floating around which will cut down on multiple resales of the same ticket / cut down on supply / increase prices, (2) anyone that does want to resell and close the transaction immediately must do it through the team exchange, and (3) any "Instant Download" tickets you see for any game on stubhub further out than 72 hours cannot be a legitimate team-issued ticket since ticketmaster also uses that rule

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Rangers are taking a page from the Islanders and undercutting their own season ticket holders:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...rk-new-york-09-28-2015/event/3B004F19E6BE13DD

If you filter down to tickets under $35, you'll see some $28 tickets plus fees for resale, which should be $52 minimum list. The only way you can list for lower is if the face is lower. So who's been getting 200-level tickets from the Rangers for $28??

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Oh, and to park in Meyers right next to the garden is $19 with Optimum Triple Play. Never needed them coupons anyway, we usually just give them to someone in front of us.

I have been a triple play customer for a while and never knew this. Thanks.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Rangers are taking a page from the Islanders and undercutting their own season ticket holders:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...rk-new-york-09-28-2015/event/3B004F19E6BE13DD

If you filter down to tickets under $35, you'll see some $28 tickets plus fees for resale, which should be $52 minimum list. The only way you can list for lower is if the face is lower. So who's been getting 200-level tickets from the Rangers for $28??

Shouldn't that be illegal since one of the benefits of being a season subscriber is "Savings (Subscribers Receive the Lowest Ticket Prices)". Seems like a class action suit in the making.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
I put up one of my games on ticket exchange today and was surprised to see all the fees. The face value of my seats is $144. To get back my $144, I have to put it up for $160 and the buyer has to pay $192. SH is not any better. Almost $50 extra per seat in fees. Wow.

Last edited:

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Nope, 9/21 tickets went live for printing yesterday 7 pm as advertised, everything else has been live for transfer for a while, and this morning everything went live for resale.

And BTW, this is a new policy that hasn't been talked about; when you buy off of ticket exchange or TM+, you cannot print the tickets right away. You are limited to the same 72 hour rule as the season ticket holder.

I haven't seen this policy used by any other team before. There are a bunch of consequences to this, (1) there won't be any PDFs floating around which will cut down on multiple resales of the same ticket / cut down on supply / increase prices, (2) anyone that does want to resell and close the transaction immediately must do it through the team exchange, and (3) any "Instant Download" tickets you see for any game on stubhub further out than 72 hours cannot be a legitimate team-issued ticket since ticketmaster also uses that rule

But we still get paid right away if we sell on TE?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

I have $62 seats, guy next to me was able to post his pre-season for $39 each as the minimum. With the fees, buyer had $53 each and he actually sold a game.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Is that second row of seats by the penalty box new? I could have sworn I've never seen row "A" behind row "AA" at rinkside. They include the 1879 club access below ice level, there's a pair available right now under $200/ea on SH

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Is that second row of seats by the penalty box new? I could have sworn I've never seen row "A" behind row "AA" at rinkside. They include the 1879 club access below ice level, there's a pair available right now under $200/ea on SH

I've always wondered which seats in particular get access to the 1879 club. Does Club Blue or Club Platinum get access, or only the "VIP Rinkside" tickets?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

I sold my seats for tonight but thought about picking up a single and watching a couple of periods. Don't really want to spend $200 but I wouldn't mind splurging a bit so I bought a single in club blue 4 rows off the ice for $68.

Edit: I saw the 9/30 game will have a 5 minute 3 on 3 OT period regardless of the final score - neat!

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
That seat I bought was right on the railing. The platinums are below right along the boards. The perspective is so different than my uppers. You see faces and you hear everything. I think that's the biggest difference. That and seeing the zamboni up front and personal. The faces on the refs moving out of the way of payers and pucks is a mixture of determination and pure terror.

Early in the game I saw a ref pick up a stick and give it to a player during play. Never saw that before - hope it's just because it's preseason.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That seat I bought was right on the railing. The platinums are below right along the boards. The perspective is so different than my uppers. You see faces and you hear everything. I think that's the biggest difference. That and seeing the zamboni up front and personal. The faces on the refs moving out of the way of payers and pucks is a mixture of determination and pure terror.

Early in the game I saw a ref pick up a stick and give it to a player during play. Never saw that before - hope it's just because it's preseason.

Personally hate those seats, low in the corners they are awful I'd rather sit in the upper bowl or even the 400's every time, especially late in the season when the glass is all scratched up

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I definitely understand what you're saying. The railing is a pain and hard to see the opposite end of the ice especially on the near side. Still very cool when the action is near you.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I definitely understand what you're saying. The railing is a pain and hard to see the opposite end of the ice especially on the near side. Still very cool when the action is near you.

Back in the day, we used to get seats in the front row behind the visitor's bench. Like you said, it was a great way to watch the game. You'd see the trainers running to help the guys, the equipment guys fixing stuff, heard most of the banter....but as far as the game goes, I don't like being that close.

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
Last year I went to a pre season Islander game because the tickets right behind the bench were $15. Unless the action was right in front of you, you could not see anything. It was nice to see the line changes and action up close (when they were near the boards close to the bench), but I can't imagine having season tickets in those seats.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Is there a specific gate you need to go to to use the mobile phone ticket scan option?

Is there a time cut off when you can do it once the game starts

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Is there a specific gate you need to go to to use the mobile phone ticket scan option?

Is there a time cut off when you can do it once the game starts

Two years ago they had limited ticket scanners for mobile entry
Last year they were everywhere. I always use this method for my season tickets
After they scan your phone they print out individual receipts for each ticket scanned. That way the people you're with can get back to their seats without the person who has the tickets on their phone.
Don't know about a cut off time after the game starts but I doubt there is one.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Don't know about a cut off time after the game starts but I doubt there is one.
Ok thanks, the reason I ask about the cutoff is because last year a couple of times I showed up at the first intermission and they made you go all the way to Tower D only and there's only one guy left scanning tickets and I didn't see if the mobile option was available

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
dammmn - someone just paid $175/ea for my 400's to the Caps game on 1/9 on ticket exchange. money straight into the bank account

What a different world from even just 3 years ago

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
dammmn - someone just paid $175/ea for my 400's to the Caps game on 1/9 on ticket exchange. money straight into the bank account

What a different world from even just 3 years ago

i netted 324 for my pair in 213 for that game on TE. have had some success there this year so far.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What's scary is prices could actually go up for that game too. One of the rare Saturday afternoons + good opponent + kids home from college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad