New York City
continued from:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1876333

10oqlpg.jpg

1045407.jpg

Last edited:

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
Just saw a couple 2nd row gallery seats on SH for $125 each but they've been pulled.

eta: There were actually 4 posted at that price.

edit #2: They're now at $1254/ticket.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
$125.4 instead of $1254 - OOPS!

looks like the guy corrected in time. Stubhub could easily protect sellers against that with a confirmation popup

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
$125.4 instead of $1254 - OOPS!

looks like the guy corrected in time. Stubhub could easily protect sellers against that with a confirmation popup

What they should do is... your ticket is substantially under the average price for this event. Are you sure with a popup.

At least on NHL ticket exchange they make you do a checkbox, then hit the List button when you want to change your price.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
is it just me or are prices not falling at the rate people seemed to anticipate? Doesn't look like there will be $700 pairs as people speculated...

JJJAAAMMM

May 22, 2014
I'm in Midtown Manhattan so if anyone needs to unload between 1-3 tickets last minute, i am a completely normal guy who is looking for myself and two co-workers.

edit: got tix - thanks

Last edited:

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Man, I really want to be at this game, I had seasons back in the late 80's and early 90's... but how can I justify this when I've got a kid to feed and a wife to provide for? These are Super Bowl prices.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
lol, stubhub just email blasted newletter subscribers

"NY Rangers Game 7 tickets are on StubHub"

" RANGERS FANS
BE THERE
FOR GAME 7
TONIGHT

The Conference Finals are on the line as Game 7 heads to New York City tonight. It's time to cheer the Rangers on from the stands as they battle for their spot in the Finals. Get your Stanley Cup Finals tickets now › "

Gee they have tickets? no kidding, you don't say?? Thanks for that epiphany! Sounds like they were expecting stronger pricing

alotlikehomer

May 11, 2012
is it just me or are prices not falling at the rate people seemed to anticipate? Doesn't look like there will be $700 pairs as people speculated...

A lo of tickets still left, and prices have been stable for a while. There will have to be some big movement soon. We will know shortly how many of these tickets are season holders holding out for the big score but happy to go to the game if they don't get it.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Man, I really want to be at this game, I had seasons back in the late 80's and early 90's... but how can I justify this when I've got a kid to feed and a wife to provide for? These are Super Bowl prices.

Not this game they're not.

nyahay bus

Mar 2, 2011

IMO, this is normal. Before you saw a number of buyers and sellers who were comfortable with a price point of about $475. While some of that is still going on, for the most part you've now got buyers and sellers who think it's too early to make a move. The next few hours will be interesting. The inventory at 7-7:30 will dictate which way this goes.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
IMO, this is normal. Before you saw a number of buyers and sellers who were comfortable with a price point of about $475. While some of that is still going on, for the most part you've now got buyers and sellers who think it's too early to make a move. The next few hours will be interesting. The inventory at 7-7:30 will dictate which way this goes.

Guess so. I will continue to hurry up and wait until the market changes, haha.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
If you don't care about sitting in an obstructed seat, I can see you getting a seat in the $350 range even at this point. But if you want a nice 200 level non obstructed seat I don't think there is enough quantity at this point for it to get to $700/pair.

This is also if you wait at the last min at 8pm. I'd want to be there early for a game like this. It's going to be amazing.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone here consider trying the cancellation line if you're looking for tickets? Could wait on that while checking StubHub on your phone.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Anyone here consider trying the cancellation line if you're looking for tickets? Could wait on that while checking StubHub on your phone.

can you explain how it works? Have you ever had luck with it? if so, I might just try it out...

dubidubidu

Apr 27, 2012
SI,NY 10304
can you explain how it works? Have you ever had luck with it? if so, I might just try it out...

They had one for the SCF last year, hadn't seen one any other time though. Basically a line at the side of MSG, they call you up to the window and you have one shot to buy whatever is left. Before game 3 last year they had some singles available for $550 in the back of the 400s at around 6:30, but I passed.

Just walked up to the box office an hour ago and they had nothing, and looked like there wasn't a cancellation line set up.

However definitely worth it to hang around and keep checking the box office. Last year for Game 6 vs. Montreal I swung by at around 3pm and was able to pick up a pair in the 100s from the box office..

Last edited:

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
They had one for the SCF last year, hadn't seen one any other time though. Basically a line at the side of MSG, they call you up to the window and you have one shot to buy whatever is left. Before game 3 last year they had some singles available for $550 in the back of the 400s at around 6:30, but I passed.

Just walked up to the box office an hour ago and they had nothing, and looked like there wasn't a cancellation line set up.

Thanks for that explanation. Is there a way to find out if they are even doing the line?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Rangers are huge favorites tonight. In fact with both CFs going to game 7 Rangers are slight favorites to win the cup. Anyone betting TBL @ +140 tonight as a hedge?

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Rangers are huge favorites tonight. In fact with both CFs going to game 7 Rangers are slight favorites to win the cup. Anyone betting TBL @ +140 tonight as a hedge?

Can I ask a stupid question? where do I go to make these bets?

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Considered it. Also considered it for games 4 and 6, but glad I decided against it and to go with the team. Head says of course, do it. Heart says bad karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad