Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Stubhub has gone away from all-in pricing? So damn annoying to think I am getting tickets for $132 each and then at checkout see it is almost $160 each.

there is an option on the bottom of the listings that says advanced settings, click that, check off show prices with fees and you should be set.

really stupid move, i loved seeing eevrything up front right away.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
really stupid move, i loved seeing eevrything up front right away.

So what you're saying then is there's no difference :)

As a buyer, you want to see all-in, so as long as you're opted in to the old interface or have the setting on, you're all set business as usual. As a seller, the other user is more likely to make a buy for your listing seeing the lower amount. Best possible scenario for a seller

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
I wish they would stop sending me the stupid $10 off parking coupons every year

How about a free 12-beer swipe card instead

12? No. Way. That parking coupon saves a $10 bucks per home game and there's 41 home games.

Gimme 41 beer swipes instead of the damn coupon book.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
12? No. Way. That parking coupon saves a $10 bucks per home game and there's 41 home games.

Gimme 41 beer swipes instead of the damn coupon book.

I haven't driven to a game in over 30 years. Give me the beer!

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
If I go home first I drive back in, but I'm not stupid enough to blow $30 on a paid lot when there's oceans of open free parking after 7 PM around the garden

I usually go an hour or two before the game and grab a couple of beers nearby. More of a ritual at this point I guess.

Oh, and to park in Meyers right next to the garden is $19 with Optimum Triple Play. Never needed them coupons anyway, we usually just give them to someone in front of us.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Has anyone ever heard of or used Venmo for online payments? Can buyers pull back payments and con you like on paypal or is it safe

As far as I know Venmo isn't supposed to be used for business transactions. They once suspended my account stating I was using it for a business transaction. They may have changed their rules since then. It's mostly used amongst friends and family to pay each other back for anything from a shared dinner, cabride, rent etc. My children who are in their 20's use it all the time. Nobody seems to carry much cash at that age. To answer your question I don't think you can pull back payment. The few times I was able to use it for ticket Paynent there weren't any issues.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hooray! We can finally print out our damn tickets for Monday's game. AKA send the tickets to whoever we sold them too. This is going to be such a hassle. Thanks NYR.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
There are probably like 8 season ticket holders who drive to games.

You have obviously never seen the garages around MSG after a game. I drive. On weeknights can always find street parking. Weekends are much harder, but not impossible. Just have to get lucky. But, I print up coupons from icon parking which is much cheaper than the $10off lots.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Was playing around on work the other day and noticed that StubHub defaults to the old format on older versions of Internet Explorer. Figured I'd put that out there since the new site is still terrible.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I keep the following link prominently on my browser bookmark bar right at the top:
http://www.stubhub.com/promotions/scratch/unified/ue-opt-out.html

always click to hit the site under the old format, no fooling around

Now that works for me. When I had used it a few months ago, I'd click a link (lets say New York Mets) and it would take me back to the new format. It'd do that for any link I clicked except if I were to go to my account and listings. Doesn't seem to be doing that anymore which is good.

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Hooray! We can finally print out our damn tickets for Monday's game. AKA send the tickets to whoever we sold them too. This is going to be such a hassle. Thanks NYR.

Exactly. I uploaded the pdf to Stubhub and didn't get any confirmation, saw some text flash by at the top of the screen but assumed the upload failed since I didn't get any confirmation page. Went ahead and repeated the process to upload, didn't realize it had gone through and the first sale I clicked on at my open sales page was the next preseason game. Duh, should always triple-check the uploads but it's too late and I wanted to go to sleep already. Now I am in the queue for Stubhub chat with 80 other people to upload re-generated pdf to the first game and remove the pdf uploaded to the second game, there goes the early bedtime... why do they even allow uploading the pdf to games that are more than 72 hours away, would be an easy step to at least ask "do you really want to do that?"

Thanks for the link to the old Stubhub version, hopefully I won't be making mistakes again!
(and all this to get rid of the preseason games at less than half of face value...)

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Exactly. I uploaded the pdf to Stubhub and didn't get any confirmation, saw some text flash by at the top of the screen but assumed the upload failed since I didn't get any confirmation page. Went ahead and repeated the process to upload, didn't realize it had gone through and the first sale I clicked on at my open sales page was the next preseason game. Duh, should always triple-check the uploads but it's too late and I wanted to go to sleep already. Now I am in the queue for Stubhub chat with 80 other people to upload re-generated pdf to the first game and remove the pdf uploaded to the second game, there goes the early bedtime... why do they even allow uploading the pdf to games that are more than 72 hours away, would be an easy step to at least ask "do you really want to do that?"

Thanks for the link to the old Stubhub version, hopefully I won't be making mistakes again!
(and all this to get rid of the preseason games at less than half of face value...)
Seeing as you uploaded game 1 to your game 2 sale, you should log back in and reprint game 1 "with new barcodes", otherwise the buyer for game 2 may use your game 1 tickets for himself and trigger a DOE

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
Seeing as you uploaded game 1 to your game 2 sale, you should log back in and reprint game 1 "with new barcodes", otherwise the buyer for game 2 may use your game 1 tickets for himself and trigger a DOE

Yes exactly, doing that now, SH is being surprisingly helpful once I worked my way through the queue (but will wait and see how it turns out)

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
Has anyone ever heard of or used Venmo for online payments? Can buyers pull back payments and con you like on paypal or is it safe

Here's a pretty good article about the VENMO SCAM.
http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...asy_to_get_ripped_off_through_the_mobile.html

Bottom line is that it's similar to the PayPal Friends & Family transaction. It should only be used for Friends and Family, not Business Transactions. In the article above, it states the seller is out of luck.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Anyone having issues with their account? I still can't print/transfer Monday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad