Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I use an online account. I only have about $200 in mine so not really worth it as a hedge even if I wanted to.

Thanks. That makes more sense. That having a guy thing I'm not so sure.

Again, I seriously did not know. I was not being cute.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
Price are holding stead for now. Not sure of any big drop until maybe 7pm.

You may be right, but inventory is still far too high for a drop to be avoided. Unless of course the game begins with ~500 tickets on StubHub. But with 2.5 hours to go, we are pretty close to a point where you can write off anyone who is on the fence about attending and doesn't live in the city. Not saying that all tickets wont sell, but if people weren't buying at these prices over the past couple days, they certainly aren't going to buy within 2 hours of game time.

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
if anyone is trying to dump a single for $400 or less, i'm ready to meet anywhere in manhattan. paypal or cash.

i've seen both series clinchers so far, trying to make it 3/3.

LGR.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
imo, the reason why is because from wednesday's big increase in supply to about 4pm today, it was a buyer's market. everyone knew that the prices were going to go down and a lot of people waited. However, since 4pm that's usually when it's a seller's market since a lot of those who are thinking about going need to make a decision. Go home or stay for the game. Stay at home or head into NYC. As a result, most people won't mind paying an extra bit to make their decision easier.

I still think there will be a few deals around 7, but I believe most people who've been trying to sell all week have already gotten rid of their extras!

LGR!

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I guess now everyone is going to talk about renewals, seat location changes, and the like.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Well I didn't want to be the first to bring it up...

I expect renewals to be really high again so not sure what the options will be. I don't have the prices in front of me but I was thinking of either moving up a few rows for the price break or the barstools (but not the really high rows) or maybe the bridges. Did anyone have bridges for the full season? I wouldn't be surprised to see some bridges but doubt there will be much of a selection beyond that, especially for 4 seats.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Well I didn't want to be the first to bring it up...

I expect renewals to be really high again so not sure what the options will be. I don't have the prices in front of me but I was thinking of either moving up a few rows for the price break or the barstools (but not the really high rows) or maybe the bridges. Did anyone have bridges for the full season? I wouldn't be surprised to see some bridges but doubt there will be much of a selection beyond that, especially for 4 seats.

I had the bridges for a mini plan the first year they offered them and a good friend of mine had them for a season this year. If you're don't plan on going to all the games, the mini plan price was really expensive and had terrible resale value. If you plan on going, they are still on the expensive side.

It's nice to have food delivered to your seat and have shorter lines for the bathrooms and the view is amazing (especially from the first row)......but if you are the kind of guy that likes to talk to people around you and high five people after a goal, the bridge surrounds you by glass and you really feel insulated from the game. ON the flip side, I took a 5 year old to a few games and the glass kept him from hearing some of the colorful language at the game.

I'm sure others have different opinions, but those are mine.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
I'm looking to upgrade from a 1/2 to full this year. A rep at Ga,e 1 of the ECF told me that they keep a small inventory available for people like myself who have a plan, put down a deposit at the time I paid for the playoffs who want to upgrade. Any ideas on what they'll offer me? It won't be in the 100's at over $150 a ticket will it?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I'm looking to upgrade from a 1/2 to full this year. A rep at Ga,e 1 of the ECF told me that they keep a small inventory available for people like myself who have a plan, put down a deposit at the time I paid for the playoffs who want to upgrade. Any ideas on what they'll offer me? It won't be in the 100's at over $150 a ticket will it?

Probably from what I understand the upper bowl had basically a 100% renewal rate and whatever is left will go to existing STHs either looking to downgrade or to add seats to their account.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013

Last year, I went from a mini plan on the bridge and put down a deposit and they got me a half season on uppers in the corner. It was exactly what I wanted.

I feel like this year is going to be hit or miss. Someone has to either not renew or move their seat for something to become available. Good luck.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
The one thing that really is irritating is that they don't give a 1/2 STH a small window (24-48 hrs?) to elect to keep the seats they had. Instead, every off-season is a new adventure of relocating etc. It is one of the factors in my deciding to upgrade to fills. The seats I get (crappy or not) are mine until I choose to change.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The one thing that really is irritating is that they don't give a 1/2 STH a small window (24-48 hrs?) to elect to keep the seats they had. Instead, every off-season is a new adventure of relocating etc. It is one of the factors in my deciding to upgrade to fills. The seats I get (crappy or not) are mine until I choose to change.

That's good to know. I thought that was only true for the mini plans.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Can someone please explain the $500 non-refundable deposit down for season tickets.... I have hesitated when told I needed to do this . I know chances are slim to none to actually get seaspn tickets atleast in the uppers.... but what will happen with that $500?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Can someone please explain the $500 non-refundable deposit down for season tickets.... I have hesitated when told I needed to do this . I know chances are slim to none to actually get seaspn tickets atleast in the uppers.... but what will happen with that $500?

I think you get it back if they don't find you anything in three years. I heard that a while ago.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Most likely, that is what you will get.

Think it is safe to say there will be very little available in the upper bowl aside from row 1 gallery seats, just like last year. Anyone looking, best bet is to monitor it best you can. Last year, when I moved my seats, someone grabbed my old pair in less than a half-hour.

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
Current mini-plan holder trying to upsize to a half plan for next season. I filled out the form online; but, is there anything else I can do other than sweet talking my rep to increase my chances? Also, in your guys' opinion, do you think I have a shot at getting anything NOT in the lower bowl or gallery seats?

PS. I've posted sparingly since I have joined the board; but, I have lurked this thread (and others) all season. Really appreciate every one's insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad