Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Most likely, that is what you will get.

Think it is safe to say there will be very little available in the upper bowl aside from row 1 gallery seats, just like last year. Anyone looking, best bet is to monitor it best you can. Last year, when I moved my seats, someone grabbed my old pair in less than a half-hour.

For this first time upgrade I pretty much have to take what my rep has available, no? I don't have access to the online seat map so I'll be at the mercy of whatever I'm offered.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
For this first time upgrade I pretty much have to take what my rep has available, no? I don't have access to the online seat map so I'll be at the mercy of whatever I'm offered.

I think so. When I upgraded from a mini to a half last year, someone called me and gave me 4-5 locations to choose from and that was it. You can also be 'the guy' that keeps calling and try to move and be a pain in their ass, but I can pretty much assure you that you'll regret doing that eventually.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Went through the thread last year, looks like first person that went was on June 26th for relocation.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Went through the thread last year, looks like first person that went was on June 26th for relocation.

I had 11:00 AM last year on 6-26 so hoping to be one of the 1st again.
Season tickets since 1980.

This season I changed from 4 1st row Gallery in 220 to 2 1st row and 2 2nd row seats directly behind the 1st row seats. I ended up loving the 2nd row seats so much more than the 1st row seats. If I have a choice during the upgrade I would take 4 2nd row Gallery seats if they're available. Would have to be in the corners where the Rangers shoot twice. If that's not available I will stick with what I have this year. I only used the 1st row seats for 7 games myself. Sold the rest of the them. Surprisingly didn't lose any money overall on the 34 1st row seats I sold.
Sold only my 1st row Gallery Seats for the playoffs and think I did better than if I had sold the 2nd row seats.

Anybody here lucky enough to have 4 2nd row Gallery seats in the corner on the good end?

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011

This season I changed from 4 1st row Gallery in 220 to 2 1st row and 2 2nd row seats directly behind the 1st row seats. I ended up loving the 2nd row seats so much more than the 1st row seats. If I have a choice during the upgrade I would take 4 2nd row Gallery seats if they're available. Would have to be in the corners where the Rangers shoot twice. If that's not available I will stick with what I have this year. I only used the 1st row seats for 7 games myself. Sold the rest of the them. Surprisingly didn't lose any money overall on the 34 1st row seats I sold.
Sold only my 1st row Gallery Seats for the playoffs and think I did better than if I had sold the 2nd row seats.

Anybody here lucky enough to have 4 2nd row Gallery seats in the corner on the good end?

1980. Wow...

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

Yup, you and Bobpop were the first people to go in the thread last season.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
I think so. When I upgraded from a mini to a half last year, someone called me and gave me 4-5 locations to choose from and that was it. You can also be 'the guy' that keeps calling and try to move and be a pain in their ass, but I can pretty much assure you that you'll regret doing that eventually.

what sort of options did they give you? where did you end up?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
what sort of options did they give you? where did you end up?

They gave me a lot of options in the lower level and two in the upper level. I chose slightly worse seats at a lower price point.

The half season plans really don't get the good price break that full seasons get. Since I have other seats, I knew I wouldn't use these as often, so I chose the cheaper seats.

Since they did well this year, I expect the pickins to be slim. I also learned that all things go in cycles and one day when the Rangers suck for two years in a row, you'll have the run of the place.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
They gave me a lot of options in the lower level and two in the upper level. I chose slightly worse seats at a lower price point.

The half season plans really don't get the good price break that full seasons get. Since I have other seats, I knew I wouldn't use these as often, so I chose the cheaper seats.

Since they did well this year, I expect the pickins to be slim. I also learned that all things go in cycles and one day when the Rangers suck for two years in a row, you'll have the run of the place.

Do you mind me asking where you ended up? i have a mini in the 200 level upper seats and I am hoping to move to either a half season or a full season in the 200 level lower seats or in the 400s, ideally.

I understand, however, that this is extremely unlikely to happen.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I was offered the standard haft strip, but got it upgraded to a full strip. Check your PM and respond to it.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Wow this is depressing. I expected to be talking about tomorrows game not next season!

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
im 221 row 15 . Great seats

Just a little FYI each seat is not the same size. We measured the seats and each seat is a different width. We use to sit in 222 but our seats were so tight it was very uncomfortable.

Since we moved over one section we have so much more room its amazing the difference

But next time you are at the garden bring some measuring tape and you will see the seats could range +-5 inch difference

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

Just a little FYI each seat is not the same size. We measured the seats and each seat is a different width. We use to sit in 222 but our seats were so tight it was very uncomfortable.

Since we moved over one section we have so much more room its amazing the difference

But next time you are at the garden bring some measuring tape and you will see the seats could range +-5 inch difference

wow. that much? thats incredible

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island

wow. I never would've thought....they are tight though. Annoying.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

That's kind of odd. A couple of years ago I moved from 214 to 213 which is the reverse move you made on the opposite side of the goal. I didn't notice a significant difference. I wonder if it's the the rows that get tight - what row were you in 222? I sat near the top of 225(?) for knick games and thought they were a little tighter than my rangers seats (currently row 12).

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
That's kind of odd. A couple of years ago I moved from 214 to 213 which is the reverse move you made on the opposite side of the goal. I didn't notice a significant difference. I wonder if it's the the rows that get tight - what row were you in 222? I sat near the top of 225(?) for knick games and thought they were a little tighter than my rangers seats (currently row 12).

I've found that too be true as well, especially if you are sitting somewhere that is on a bend or turn of the arena. Those seats seem to be much tighter.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I've found that too be true as well, especially if you are sitting somewhere that is on a bend or turn of the arena. Those seats seem to be much tighter.

I have Gallery seats, extra leg room. I guess I'm getting something besides a great view for the extra money. When I sell them on Craigslist I always put 25% more leg room. it only makes a difference of the buyer has had experience sitting in cramped seats

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Just thought I'd mentioned the NY Jets variable pricing now that prices were released. I was way off.

My seats are $100/seat so $1,000 for a season.

Preseason = 74*2 = 148
Browns Eagles Bills Pats = 113*4 = 452
Skins Jags Fins Titans = 100*4 = 400

Total = 148 + 452 + 400 = 1000.

Edit: The $113 games are considered "Marquee" while the $100 games are just "Premier" :shakehead

Here is a link to the breakdown.

Only reason I bring it up here is that I wouldn't be surprised to see MSG move in the same direction the Jets have the past couple of years: cards/no printed tickets (track whoi actually goes to games) and variable pricing for STHs (which already exists for individual buyers).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad