Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t understand how people conflate the reach for a CENTRE in 2018 with the need for a FORWARD in 2024. It’s not at all the same thing. Had they just said “forward no matter what” in 2018, we’d have taken Brady Tkachuk. There’s no handcuffing here, the Habs filled the pool of defencemen. So much so, they have to unload like 2 of them just this summer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I think people says that because Basha was the playmaker on his line while Lindstrom was the finisher. He does read the game very well thought from the shift I've seen, excellent anticipation in the ozone, even if it's mostly anticipating what Basha would do.

But even if those stats says "excellent playmaker", he's not the most creative guy with the puck. When Lindstrom has the puck, it usually goes to the net/near the net.
I would be afraid that we draft a younger Anderson in Lidstrom. Hope this is not true.

Don’t understand how people conflate the reach for a CENTRE in 2018 with the need for a FORWARD in 2024. It’s not at all the same thing. Had they just said “forward no matter what” in 2018, we’d have taken Brady Tkachuk. There’s no handcuffing here, the Habs filled the pool of defencemen. So much so, they have to unload like 2 of them just this summer.
I dont think so. If you go back to this draft and look at the comments on this board nobody wanted Tkachuck. Actually people where pushing for Zadina at number 3.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Really too bad Sennecke is hurt, was hoping we could see him back and dominate in the Memorial Cup, but Knights are too strong me thinks. Having him truly establish himself as one of the elite forwards in this draft would help me feel better about taking him. Do love the skill set, but his meteoric rise is heavily based on his epic playoffs and the concussion is putting a damper on that.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The issue appears to be more how good that crop in the say 11-16 range might be and whether the Habs can secure a 2nd pick in that range.

No, not your smartphone password! :sarcasm:

Which is usually the same as your wifi and banking app passwords.
1. I wonder in the history of lotteries if 1-2-3-4-5-6 ever happened? Afterall, it's a combination like any others. Only humans see that as unprobable, numbers and mathematics don't see that. Like animals don't see art like humans do.

2. A well-knowned hockey debater suggested Habs should trade their #5 pick for a young established player, similar to the Romanov-Dach trade. In the best world, the #5 pick will be ready in 3 years. His point was to accelerate the rebuilt. If a team wants the #5 pick so bad, if they really beleive in him, could they trade a young player to get that pick?

3. The second first round pick, do you beleive Habs could draft a player who could have some impact in the future or it will be like flipping a coin in the air and wish for best luck?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In the best world, the #5 pick will be ready in 3 years.
That’s a very conservative estimate, especially if the Habs are picking a forward.

The quality of players available at such an early juncture would normally suggest a faster arrival at the NHL level. Two years or less would be my guess for someone like Lindstrom (should they be lucky to select him) who is already physically mature, for instance.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Really too bad Sennecke is hurt, was hoping we could see him back and dominate in the Memorial Cup, but Knights are too strong me thinks. Having him truly establish himself as one of the elite forwards in this draft would help me feel better about taking him. Do love the skill set, but his meteoric rise is heavily based on his epic playoffs and the concussion is putting a damper on that.
Where did you get this info? Well, the meteoric rise started well before the playoffs and just accelerated in the playoffs. Some posters wondered about the slow start but it is really the final product that counts as long as the selecting team can be sure that the current level of play is what the player is. I think someone brought up Slaf's case where the player had a rather pedestrian first half of a season in Liiga and then took off after the Olympics.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Where did you get this info? Well, the meteoric rise started well before the playoffs and just accelerated in the playoffs. Some posters wondered about the slow start but it is really the final product that counts as long as the selecting team can be sure that the current level of play is what the player is. I think someone brought up Slaf's case where the player had a rather pedestrian first half of a season in Liiga and then took off after the Olympics.

That a player has a slow start after gaining 2 inch in a summer is absolutely normal. Not all slow starts are alike, this is a very very very biological one that he could not control in any way.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
That’s a very conservative estimate, especially if the Habs are picking a forward.

The quality of players available at such an early juncture would normally suggest a faster arrival at the NHL level. Two years or less would be my guess for someone like Lindstrom (should they be lucky to select him) who is already physically mature, for instance.
It may be 3 years before a Lindstrom is contributing in a meaningful way like many big players. That's ok though. He'd be under cost control unlike anyone the Habs would get in a trade for the #5 pick. HuGo has mentioned that they want to be contenders and stability for many years. I don't know why so many are pre-occupied with the next two years.

It was virtually unanimous too. In fact it was pretty much "anybody but Brady Tkachuk".
Speak for yourself. I wasted many hours debating why we should take Tkachuk and got mocked for it. But yes...most wanted Zadina. Also there were as many people wanting Adam Boqvist as Quinn Hughes...which was a very small percentage of posters on both counts.

Reactions: Takeru

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
It's amazing how many times Hughes has said they're not taking a LD for fans who follow this team enough to post on these boards to continually bring up drafting one with a top 5 pick.
The D's potential for this draft class are just too good to ignore, that is why I'm confident a Demidov or Lindstrom will be available at 5. Habs will draft a Fwd. No doubt.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I would be afraid that we draft a younger Anderson in Lidstrom. Hope this is not true.
Not sure how you got Anderson from what I wrote. Anderson has shit anticipation.

Also, other differences with Anderson: Lindstrom is excellent along the wall to keep the puck into the ozone, can keep possession when doing zone entries and he's usually in the right spot in the ozone when he doesn't have the puck either to finish a play or get possession back (I haven't seen much of him in the dzone to comment on that side of the ice).

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I don't understand how some people say Lindstrom's skating isn't great. His technique is a bit odd (stands too upright) but to me it sounds a lot like what people were saying about Leo Carlsson last summer, the concerns are unfounded. If he's available at 5 I hope Hughes runs to the stage to pick him.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Sam Pollock: “If you do what the fans want, you’ll eventually be watching the games with them.”

Which is why anybody should be wary of those pushing their agendas concerning players they want.

It's alright to have preferences, I mean, I do have mines like everybody, but it's wrong when for some, it becomes personal, at that point it's not being a fan, it's being entitled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad