Rangers Season Ticket Holders #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I believe I can get them for the PO, albeit at a higher price as per what others have posted. Didn't speak about that with my rep.

True about the max number of seats per account...but that figure rises and falls with the team's success anyway, so you can always bide your time and get more seats down the road.

I just looked at my sales history for the pair. Looks like I've averaged ~$115/ticket this season (on $103/seats). I assume I can net at least another $10 per ticket after the $16 increase next season. So the question is whether I need to deal with all the hassle to net $125 on $119 seats for the primary benefit of enjoying going to the playoffs for face?

I also have 2 pairs of tickets. 1st row Gallery and 2nd row gallery in the corner.
When it comes time for the playoffs I sell the 1st row seats to offset the cost of the 2nd row seats which I use. As long as you break even during the regular season, you can't go wrong for the playoffs. I would renew.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
well I made my decision...I am not going to renew...what they did this year with playoff tix is disgraceful...I'm out

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I just renewed. My regular buyers are all still interested in taking games. I'm worried about this tiered pricing, but I'll have to see how it goes for a year. If it becomes a nightmare or if I am paying $120/ticket for the games I keep, then I will probably be out after next season. But, I will see how it goes for a year.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Hey...had a long talk with my rep along with two other reps the other night at the islander game. A list some things that I was told.

Upgrades will be done in may now instead of July.
They are at 50 percent renewal already as of Tuesday night saying most people will renew the very last day
They are expecting a drop of renewal rate but not as bad as they expected.
Said most people call yelling and complaining for 2 hours and then renew anyway.
Not sure if our tickets will have prices at all on them,that particular game price,the average price or tier 1, tier 2 and etc.
They have already over 1500 people who have a 500 deposit down waiting to get season tickets next year

Don't know if anyone of this is old news or New but just wanted to pass it along
Part of me hopes they do not put a price on the season tickets or they put tier 1, tier 2, etc. Then, sit back and watch the discussion on here about what constitutes, "Face Value".

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
does that mean you'll be paying MSG upfront for 4 rounds or are you dropping the playoff tickets too
to tell you the truth I have no idea, no one at MSG even cares to talk to me about it...I just know I am gonna let the deadline pass, If they reach out to me with some offer I may consider it, if no one contacts me then I guess my playoff seats will be sold to the next idiot in line....I have never in my life seen such greediness and disrespect from MSG, really appalling after all these years I had ST with them.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
to tell you the truth I have no idea, no one at MSG even cares to talk to me about it...I just know I am gonna let the deadline pass, If they reach out to me with some offer I may consider it, if no one contacts me then I guess my playoff seats will be sold to the next idiot in line....I have never in my life seen such greediness and disrespect from MSG, really appalling after all these years I had ST with them.

I'm so angry about it I do want to cancel my seats. Probably won't but I'm just really pissed about how horrible they treat their season subscribers. In a salary cap league their greed is just over the top. And we love hockey, but this is the NHL, not one of the big 3 leagues.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
If you are not renewing next season, you have to pay for the playoffs up front for all the games.

That's annoying. But if you are paying via credit card you likely won't need to pay until mid May anyway. Was it ever confirmed if you had to actually pay more? To me that would be worse.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
I have been a tix holder since 92.

My seat prices have gone up from $17 to $136 over the years.

I attend much fewer games than prior years. I did take on a partner (a good friend) a few years back so I didn't have to sell as many games.

Every year I wonder whether I will break even on what I sell on the exchanges? To date I have accomplished the goal, so in my mind my tix prices have been a bit low.
I always recognized that MSG will take any profit out of being a season tix holder, sooner or later. I have been surprised that it has been later. We have been living in a world in which more people are allocating more dollars to sporting events than they did 20 years ago. We are also living in a town with good economics with a relatively competitive team.

I have renewed for next season as I was able to sell tix this year. Every year I look at the total cost of all the games I sell and compare it to my cost for only those games. Like most, once I start losing any serious money on season tix renewing the following year becomes debatable.

I fully understand that if any of us makes money on seasons, then MSG has left money on the table. If MSG never sold season tix and sold each game separately, would attendance at the games be comparable? I can see that the need for MSG to hedge their risks before the season starts, and sell most of the seats in advance. However, looking at the prices many on the boards say they received for premium games leads me to believe that this years price rise was justified in mgts eyes.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That's annoying. But if you are paying via credit card you likely won't need to pay until mid May anyway. Was it ever confirmed if you had to actually pay more? To me that would be worse.

Yeah would love to know that too regarding the playoff price penalty. And if you are made to pay for all 4 rounds, I would take issue with being charged 4 games in rounds 1 & 2 considering at the wild card they would be guaranteed a maximum of 3 home games

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Yeah would love to know that too regarding the playoff price penalty. And if you are made to pay for all 4 rounds, I would take issue with being charged 4 games in rounds 1 & 2 considering at the wild card they would be guaranteed a maximum of 3 home games

Yes my rep confirmed the following:
Pay in full in advance and based upon 4 games per round.
My 2nd row gallery playoff seats would have been $7 to $15 more per ticket if I didn't renew. It went up a little each round.

I ended up renewing.

Kinsler532

Jul 8, 2012
Hi, Im looking to sell my tickets for next season. Can't afford the 25% up front they're looking for and am looking for anyone interested in taking them over for the year. Please PM me only if you're serious. My tickets are section 226 row 22.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Hi, Im looking to sell my tickets for next season. Can't afford the 25% up front they're looking for and am looking for anyone interested in taking them over for the year. Please PM me only if you're serious. My tickets are section 226 row 22.

How many seats?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Should note that I can at least listen to the argument that when the team makes the payoffs they can justify some increase, but making the first payment 25% is a bytch move when they kept the Knicks at 12.5% x 8

No justification for that except to kick and spit on their season ticket holders

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
Should note that I can at least listen to the argument that when the team makes the payoffs they can justify some increase, but making the first payment 25% is a bytch move when they kept the Knicks at 12.5% x 8

No justification for that except to kick and spit on their season ticket holders

I looked very fast, I thought my Knicks invoice was 7 payments instead of 8??

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I looked very fast, I thought my Knicks invoice was 7 payments instead of 8??

Sorry for the confusion I just looked at it more closely, it is a 7-pay plan but it's 7 equal payments. The Rangers also have 7-pay but the first one is double all the other ones which is really sh*tty of them

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
My knicks tickets stayed the same. Center Bridges 313 @ $95. Same seats for the Rangers will be $149 next season. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad