Rangers Season Ticket Holders #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Looks like if you add seats, they would be at a higher price (for the same category).

complete waste of time. Clearly, they chopped up non-renewals into halfs and minis.

Interesting that you have option of downgrading to halfs and minis (I think)

From what I saw prices were the same as what you already had. And there was inventory available but obviously people aren't going to give up the best locations. Most of what's available upstairs is on the wrong side of the price break

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, the time to drop was back when you had to renew. You're only moving your seats or adding on through this process.

Were you required to "opt in" for seat relocation for the Rangers? Or was it automatic?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Were you required to "opt in" for seat relocation for the Rangers? Or was it automatic?

It is always an opt in. There are two options you can select during the renewal process...1 is for seating relocation, the 2nd is for adding additional seats to your account.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I have dead center bridge seats which I want to keep (I'd consider switching to barstools though). There isn't much available upstairs, nothing at all except some corner and rear galleries and some bridge seats. There's still a bunch downstairs but it's just not worth it with this current team (at least I can sell my bridges).

During renewal there's always been a checkbox to indicate you're interested in upgrading/relocating your seats. I always check it but don't know what happens if you don't.

Edit: I checked the half plans and there's seats in nearly every section including some primo seats. My $95 full seasons are $124 as a half plan. I bet the Rangers will do exactly the same thing so don't expect much availability.

Last edited:

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
From what I saw prices were the same as what you already had. And there was inventory available but obviously people aren't going to give up the best locations. Most of what's available upstairs is on the wrong side of the price break

Higher price is their wording and refers to additional seats not relocation.

Check availability in halfs and u will see primo 200s and 400s seats so don't tell me people didn't give up good locations

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Higher price is their wording and refers to additional seats not relocation.

Check availability in halfs and u will see primo 200s and 400s seats so don't tell me people didn't give up good locations

I didn't check the half availability, based on that yes it would seem the better locations are not being made available for the cheaper full seasons

They may also be taking inventory back from the box office to sell in halfs instead of game by game

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
The Knicks most likely split the full ST into half ST because they are hardly any seats upstairs for fulls except some bridges, Row 1 and 2's. There are plenty of seats downstairs if you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

For half ST there are plenty of seats everywhere available but obviously priced higher.

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
The Knicks most likely split the full ST into half ST because they are hardly any seats upstairs for fulls except some bridges, Row 1 and 2's. There are plenty of seats downstairs if you want to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

For half ST there are plenty of seats everywhere available but obviously priced higher.

I didn't see any chase bridges full season row 1... what section please?

Traderalways

Oct 27, 2011
I am looking at it now, Section 316, Row 1, Aisle Seat 1 & 2.
Yeah.. thanks! I just that one too! Problem is that's the only aisle in the row... and That's a long row. LOL./ there are some bar stools available on the bridges, I wonder how they are for basketball.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I didn't see any chase bridges full season row 1... what section please?

They are giving people different views based on their current plans. I don't know what the pattern is but I've seen wildly different availability from different people browsing with fulls

I haven't seen any 400's available at all

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They are giving people different views based on their current plans. I don't know what the pattern is but I've seen wildly different availability from different people browsing with fulls

I haven't seen any 400's available at all

Another one of those deals where they are only allowing people to switch to more expensive seats, but not go cheaper?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Another one of those deals where they are only allowing people to switch to more expensive seats, but not go cheaper?

I had the opportunity to switch to cheaper full seasons. But anything good was in the half plans.

The knicks upgrade box is already gone... maybe we get an email for rangers today or Monday?

I don't think it'll be any different for the rangers and will probably be worse. There's going to be nothing available unless you want to switch to a half plan.

I wonder if the 94% renewal rates being claimed are based on the seats they left for fulls with the half plans coming from the seats that weren't renewed (or taken from brokers).

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
The knicks upgrade box is already gone... maybe we get an email for rangers today or Monday?

I called MSG today and spoke to someone I know and though not set it stone it sounds like after the July 4th week the Rangers will start the upgrade process. When I asked if there would be a lot of moment upstairs I got a chuckle before I received the company line that full season renewals remain high and half season and 10 game package demand is super high.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I am trying to change my Ranger seats from 1 pair of 1st row gallery and 1 pair of 2nd row gallery to 4 in a row, 2nd row gallery. I know for a fact the 2nd row seats next to me opened up. The rep couldn't confirm whether they will be available as full seasons. My seats are in section 220. What's everyone's opinion as to whether the Rangers will make these 2nd row corner gallery seats available as full seasons or chop them up into half or mini plans? It's not like my seats are the most desirable from a resale standpoint so not how the Rangers view them.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I am trying to change my Ranger seats from 1 pair of 1st row gallery and 1 pair of 2nd row gallery to 4 in a row, 2nd row gallery. I know for a fact the 2nd row seats next to me opened up. The rep couldn't confirm whether they will be available as full seasons. My seats are in section 220. What's everyone's opinion as to whether the Rangers will make these 2nd row corner gallery seats available as full seasons or chop them up into half or mini plans? It's not like my seats are the most desirable from a resale standpoint so not how the Rangers view them.

I think we will definitely see your row 1s but those corner row 2s they prob chop up.

Regardless, it sucks the way they treat long tenured "members"

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I think we will definitely see your row 1s but those corner row 2s they prob chop up.

Regardless, it sucks the way they treat long tenured "members"

I have a feeling you're right about chopping up the 2nd row seats. They won't bend one bit to accommodate a long time season ticket holder. They say it's their policy but their policies are bs. If any one of us treated our regular customers that way we would be out of business. They hide behind their rules stating that it's their policy.
There isn't any room to do the "right thing" by their long time season ticket holders.
I'm offended when they use the work "Garden Faithful" What they're looking for is Blind Faith without giving anything in return.

Last edited:

NYRA15

Jun 8, 2015
Long Island
While I was trying to upgrade my full Knicks ST to slightly better seats in the same price range, I took a look at the Half ST plans just to see if they were indeed splitting them. I saw a pair that was available for both the blue plan and the orange plans (same section, row and seats), so they were splitting fulls. I immediately called my rep because they were slightly better than mine and I would've taken them and they could split my fulls into halfs and MSG would not lose a penny. The rep said he couldn't do that as per management but he did agree with me that it wouldn't hurt MSG on the revenue side.

I could understand it if it was going to cost them money, I can see them not wanting to do that but if it's a wash and the seats are in the same price range , why can't they do that. Better yet, why don't you let the full STH select their seats and then split the seats that they gave up into halfs. I wasn't going from Row 14 to Row 3 even though its the same price range. I was trying to go from Row 6 to Row 4 and a little closer to the aisle.

Can't wait to see how the Rangers handle the upgrade process.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
While I was trying to upgrade my full Knicks ST to slightly better seats in the same price range, I took a look at the Half ST plans just to see if they were indeed splitting them. I saw a pair that was available for both the blue plan and the orange plans (same section, row and seats), so they were splitting fulls. I immediately called my rep because they were slightly better than mine and I would've taken them and they could split my fulls into halfs and MSG would not lose a penny. The rep said he couldn't do that as per management but he did agree with me that it wouldn't hurt MSG on the revenue side.

I could understand it if it was going to cost them money, I can see them not wanting to do that but if it's a wash and the seats are in the same price range , why can't they do that. Better yet, why don't you let the full STH select their seats and then split the seats that they gave up into halfs. I wasn't going from Row 14 to Row 3 even though its the same price range. I was trying to go from Row 6 to Row 4 and a little closer to the aisle.

They already have you. They want the better seats to entice the half and mini buyers who are paying a substantially higher price. Sounds like good business on their part.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

What do you mean? They are charging more for half plans than fulls in the same location. That's the entire reason they're chopping up the seats.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
When I called my rep complaining about the pricing and the "tiered" pricing potential, he tried to sell me on switching to a mini-plan. Told him I will never do that, and would give up the seats entirely before I downgraded to a mini-plan.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
When I called my rep complaining about the pricing and the "tiered" pricing potential, he tried to sell me on switching to a mini-plan. Told him I will never do that, and would give up the seats entirely before I downgraded to a mini-plan.

So his solution to the pricing was to have you switch to a plan that cost even more per game? Makes a lot of sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad