Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Well, I just got $900 before fees for game 3 of the Finals on stubhub. $765 each after fees. Upper level corners, row 21. Face, 200. Probably left some money on the table, but not going to complain.

i got a little less than you on monday night.. paid for our rounds. i think debbi got the same

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
1994 was a dream for scalpers. Everyone thought we were going to win it in game 5 so game 5 prices were crazy. My brother had $2k in cash with him and couldn't even find a scalper selling near the garden. Tickets were that limited. Then game 7 was even crazier so it was a double killing that year.

I had a mini plan in 94. I was offered $3500 per ticket for my tix which were 300s at the bottom of the face off circle (had a great view of richter making the save vs Bure). I decided to go to the game and brokers were begging me for the tix. But for game 7 things were different. I was low balled and no counters. I had a bad feeling but went and of course never regretted it.

Face value for the seats was $23 regular season +25% for round 1, +50% for rounds 2 and 3 and +100% for round 4 (same thing with the knicks who i also had a mini plan for). So i paid $46 for scf tix and $32 for nba finals tix. I imagine if stubhub and TX were around prices would have been a lot less as there'd be more supply.

Those were the days.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I had a mini plan in 94. I was offered $3500 per ticket for my tix which were 300s at the bottom of the face off circle (had a great view of richter making the save vs Bure). I decided to go to the game and brokers were begging me for the tix. But for game 7 things were different. I was low balled and no counters. I had a bad feeling but went and of course never regretted it.

Face value for the seats was $23 regular season +25% for round 1, +50% for rounds 2 and 3 and +100% for round 4 (same thing with the knicks who i also had a mini plan for). So i paid $46 for scf tix and $32 for nba finals tix. I imagine if stubhub and TX were around prices would have been a lot less as there'd be more supply.

Those were the days.

I had a mini plan too. Full playoff rights in the same seats. My first year. Section 329 row J on the aisle. The year before they missed the playoffs so they had an open house. They were begging for patrons. Went to every game. That was like hitting the lottery.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
I tried to get season tickets this season and unfortunately all that was offered to me was lower level tickets and I just couldn't afford that at the time. Regret it now lol

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
i got a little less than you on monday night.. paid for our rounds. i think debbi got the same

That is all I wanted to be honest. Figured if I can get enough to cover the round so I am going to games 4 and 6 for free, I would be happy. When I went on stubhub last night and saw the asking prices, figured I'd put them up at 900. After the fees, and the 10% discount for renewing, going to the 2 games for free plus a $450 profit.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
They win tonight, and the market for Sunday night will be absolutely crazy. Lose tonight, and it will collapse.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Demand for regular season should be really strong next year. And they can't jack our prices even more because renewals already happened weeks ago

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Also, I have a theory that a big part of this surge in prices is because the Ranger games have been CNBC. The demographic that tens to watch or leave the TV on that channel doesn't flinch at paying $500 a ticket, and the team has gotten a lot of exposure in the financial sector just by being on that channel

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Ah, to sell now or to wait. Basically a bet on the Habs/Rangers, respectively.

It is a tricky situation to assess. You need to bear in mind that prices have not risen; it is just that those who were willing to sell at a lower price have already sold their tickets. There are now relatively few left, and listed by people who are likely brokers. If there were 2,000 more tickets available I am sure prices would drop. It is a game aof chicken at this point.

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
Place a small hedge bet on MTL tonight if you hold g4 tickets lol

It will be interesting to watch the market being on a holiday weekend as well.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Place a small hedge bet on MTL tonight if you hold g4 tickets lol

It will be interesting to watch the market being on a holiday weekend as well.

not much of a hedge, market will be crap in MTL no matter what if the Rangers are up 3-1. I have seats by the ice for game 7 in Montreal as the ultimate hedge, really hoping to be getting a refund on those as if there is a game 7, something has gone terribly wrong

CJCNYR

May 11, 2013
Central Jersey
not much of a hedge, market will be crap in MTL no matter what if the Rangers are up 3-1. I have seats by the ice for game 7 in Montreal as the ultimate hedge, really hoping to be getting a refund on those as if there is a game 7, something has gone terribly wrong

Oh, I mean bet on MTL tonight cuz the market will explode sunday if the Rangers win tonight. If the Rangers lose you win money betting on MTL who I am sure is a dog.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Surprised so many people are willing to sell ECF/SCF tickets. If the Rangers win tonight to go up 3-0, wouldn't you love to be there to see them possibly make it to the finals? Of course a profit is great, but is it worth it?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Surprised so many people are willing to sell ECF/SCF tickets. If the Rangers win tonight to go up 3-0, wouldn't you love to be there to see them possibly make it to the finals? Of course a profit is great, but is it worth it?

If you have multiple seats then you have the luxury of selling extras. Also not everyone can afford or have time to go to each game, but rest assured 99% of STH will be going to at least one game

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
If you have multiple seats then you have the luxury of selling extras. Also not everyone can afford or have time to go to each game, but rest assured 99% of STH will be going to at least one game

Valid point. This time of year always makes me wish I bought an extra pair when people are flipping $130 seats for upwards of $800 per.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY

my plan was to sell 1 game of each round and basically have myself go for free the other games. people paying these ludicrous prices have actually enabled me to make a healthy profit off of these playoffs

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ
my plan was to sell 1 game of each round and basically have myself go for free the other games. people paying these ludicrous prices have actually enabled me to make a healthy profit off of these playoffs

Same, plus a few of these games have been on holidays/holiday weekends where I've had other plans so its worked out.

Although I was busy the last 12 hours and missed the run on Game 4 tickets, sold my (2) for $425 and it looks like I left some money on the table

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Whatever happens, this season has been amazing. That Yankees Stadium game against the Islanders was by far the most amazing sporting event of my life, dream experience. Team just kept getting better and better from then and really came together for this run. There's no reason we can't capture the Cup. The fanfest this summer will be amazing too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad