Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
A little change of topic within STH discussion for the new thread:

How do you guys utilize your reps? The only time I called mine was because I waited too long o print my tickets, and needed to pick them up at will call. (And she wasn't at the office at that time so I had to call a general number.) I just saw someone suggest to talk to a rep when they wanted to trade 2 tix for 4. What other things can they help with?

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Only time I hear from my rep is when invoices come in haha...I usually contact though to find out my account balance from resold tix on the ticket exchange and stuff. I typically use that money towards playoff tix and season renewals so I like to keep track of it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Only time I hear from my rep is when invoices come in haha...I usually contact though to find out my account balance from resold tix on the ticket exchange and stuff. I typically use that money towards playoff tix and season renewals so I like to keep track of it.
The reps are not empowered or trusted with anything by the higher ups. You'll never get the inside scoop on anything from them, and you'll never get any sort of leg up on better seats or heads up for upcoming events. Recently I asked my rep about this year's skate party and she said she hadn't heard anything about it, and literally a few minutes later the Rangers sent out mass emails with all the details about the skate party

These reps are completely useless

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I love my view and have no problem with my rep. I just wish I had more leg room. I mean, I could lose some weight, but that ain't changing the fact that I'm over 6' tall. It's a quirky building. All seats should have the same leg room.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I love my view and have no problem with my rep. I just wish I had more leg room. I mean, I could lose some weight, but that ain't changing the fact that I'm over 6' tall. It's a quirky building. All seats should have the same leg room.

Don't all the seats (with the exception of the Gallery seats) have the same legroom? That said, I love the extra space my Gallery seats provide. It's probably only 3" or so, but it makes a huge difference.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Don't all the seats (with the exception of the Gallery seats) have the same legroom?

They really don't, they vary considerably around the arena. I've found that the most leg room is in the platinum seats behind the benches. A person can comfortably be standing in front you you while you sit, and I'm 6'4"

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
They really don't, they vary considerably around the arena. I've found that the most leg room is in the platinum seats behind the benches. A person can comfortably be standing in front you you while you sit, and I'm 6'4"

Fair enough. I guess I was referring to all the seats excluding limited, high priced specialty sections like those or VIP seating. Certainly I would expect not to have my knees pressed against the seat in front of me if I'm spending $300 or $700 a ticket.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Fair enough. I guess I was referring to all the seats excluding limited, high priced specialty sections like those or VIP seating. Certainly I would expect not to have my knees pressed against the seat in front of me if I'm spending $300 or $700 a ticket.

No, there's even noticeable variation from row to row within the same section and price point. It's just odd.

AHB*

My rep is pretty cool. Any word on prices for next year. Games really haven't been selling as good as previous years, I'm assuming.

I get texts and emails before every game with meal deals and last minute discount tickets, etc.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Nice thread topic.

I rarely speak with my rep.

I rarely speak with my rep as well. I was surprised that I didn't get any news about this years yearbook. In the past I got an email about the free yearbook. This year, I had to go to the services desk at section 118 to ask if we were getting the yearbook. That's when one of the reps told me to check your Rangers account on ticketmaster. Got home and there was the coupon/ticket for this years yearbook.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
I love it when they say if you need anything let me know. What can they possibly do for us LOL

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
A little change of topic within STH discussion for the new thread:

How do you guys utilize your reps? The only time I called mine was because I waited too long o print my tickets, and needed to pick them up at will call. (And she wasn't at the office at that time so I had to call a general number.) I just saw someone suggest to talk to a rep when they wanted to trade 2 tix for 4. What other things can they help with?

Speaking from recent experience, reps don't do a whole lot. Especially considering what us STHs pay. I posted the thread about trading my 2 seats for a cheaper set of 4 to bring my buddies. Seemed like a pretty reasonable request for one game. Turns out, my rep says the Garden doesn't do any exchanges like that. They were quick to try and sell me on a group suite tho... Hahaha... I was pretty much told to sell my pair on the secondary market and find a set of 4 on my own.

With regard to the idea of buying games and re-selling them: I purchased lower bowl seats in the $118 range this year with the hope of down grading into the 200s next year. I live a couple hours outside the city and have a job with a rotating schedule so I usually make about 10 games and then sell the rest. I know a lot of people say this idea doesn't work, but I had a good experience this year and covered most of the games I attended. I can def see the risk though as I lost money on several games. If they don't relocate me I probably won't renew again because that's too much money to risk IMHO. I've heard some people say I'm crazy for hoping to get in the 200s and others say I have a decent shot. Has anyone personally gone this route before? And what was the outcome?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Speaking from recent experience, reps don't do a whole lot. Especially considering what us STHs pay. I posted the thread about trading my 2 seats for a cheaper set of 4 to bring my buddies. Seemed like a pretty reasonable request for one game. Turns out, my rep says the Garden doesn't do any exchanges like that. They were quick to try and sell me on a group suite tho... Hahaha... I was pretty much told to sell my pair on the secondary market and find a set of 4 on my own.

With regard to the idea of buying games and re-selling them: I purchased lower bowl seats in the $118 range this year with the hope of down grading into the 200s next year. I live a couple hours outside the city and have a job with a rotating schedule so I usually make about 10 games and then sell the rest. I know a lot of people say this idea doesn't work, but I had a good experience this year and covered most of the games I attended. I can def see the risk though as I lost money on several games. If they don't relocate me I probably won't renew again because that's too much money to risk IMHO. I've heard some people say I'm crazy for hoping to get in the 200s and others say I have a decent shot. Has anyone personally gone this route before? And what was the outcome?

Didn't go from the 100's to the 200's, but when they did the upper renovation, I was in the old 300's so I was given row 11 in the new 200's which made sense since I had row K seats. I basically kept in touch with my rep saying I couldn't afford the price bump, but if she could get me in the upper 200's I would renew right away. She got it done for me as I was given row 17 in section 221.

I think you have a chance of moving up, just keep in touch with your rep, tell her your story, I hope it works out for you.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Stay in touch with your rep. I had a mini plan last year, kept in touch and wound up getting a playoff strip. Kept in touch when it came time for season tickets, was offered a pair I couldn't afford and told him. About a half hour later he called back and told me a pair in the 200s opened up and they were mine if I said yes right away. Develop a good relationship. I went to the same HS as my rep so we hit it off and I think that helped a ton.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
The reps are not empowered or trusted with anything by the higher ups. You'll never get the inside scoop on anything from them, and you'll never get any sort of leg up on better seats or heads up for upcoming events. Recently I asked my rep about this year's skate party and she said she hadn't heard anything about it, and literally a few minutes later the Rangers sent out mass emails with all the details about the skate party

These reps are completely useless
That happened to me over the summer. I think I emailed mine about the outdoor games, she said they hadn't heard anything. That same day, they sent out the info. I actually emailed her to ask why they did this to them. She actually thanked me for understanding and said it is just the way it is.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Don't all the seats (with the exception of the Gallery seats) have the same legroom? That said, I love the extra space my Gallery seats provide. It's probably only 3" or so, but it makes a huge difference.

I have row 1 gallery seats. Used to have section 115 row 15. So much more leg room in the row 1 gallery seats. I wish this would translate into buyers willing to pay more for gallery seats when I sell them. Unfortunately that's not the case.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I have row 1 gallery seats. Used to have section 115 row 15. So much more leg room in the row 1 gallery seats. I wish this would translate into buyers willing to pay more for gallery seats when I sell them. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I too went from seats in the lowers (row 20 in 115) to row 1 gallery when they renovated the upper bowl. My row 1s were in 214 on the aisle...and were solid. If I had tons of money to spend on Rangers games and went nearly every night I might have considered keeping them. But as someone who only goes to a game or so a month it was too much work trying to move them at $125/ticket. When they raised the price to $135 I was even more sure I wasn't going to keep them. After a battle with my rep last summer I was able to get a down grade. She was trying to get me to move back downstairs! Like that was happening. Anyway, now all my seats are row 2 gallery and that's a far better value all around.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
No, there's even noticeable variation from row to row within the same section and price point. It's just odd.

even seat to seat in the same row. I will buy tickets from the guy who sits to my right on occassion. I have 6-7, he has 8-9. There is a noticeable difference between seats 7 and 8.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
First time STH here. Learned about the yearbook coupon from this thread. Any other gifts we get that I may not have a heads up about?

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
First time STH here. Learned about the yearbook coupon from this thread. Any other gifts we get that I may not have a heads up about?

My kids never had a big interest in the skating party but wanted to go this year. I called my rep.early on and he told me that the Rangers were having the event this year but hadn't finalized a date and might possibly have it at Yankee Stadium. A few months later I read about it on HF Boards but hadn't received an invitation. I called my rep and he told me it was just for Chase card holders. I never pay attention to what bank my credit card is under but I looked and sure enough it was Chase. My rep was apologetic and asked me if I needed extra skate tickets and being that my daughters are in HS I jumped on the offer and they brought some of their friends. I then got a package in the mail last week with 2 pucks for each Stadium Series Game and a Rangerstown T-shirt with a note of apology. When I became a STH 8 years ago my rep. and I hit it off and we actually went out for dinner before a game on me at least once a season. He then got a promotion within MSG and still works there so he hooked me up with my current rep. who I still have and we meet up at least once a season and I have a great relationship with. My rep doesn't make much money and works hard and I am very happy with him.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Where is the coupon in the account?

never mind, I realize that there are different benefits based on the package you chose:

Rangers Family Package
  • Rangers Team Experience
  • Tailored Gift for all Ages
  • Exclusive Offers Redeemable at The Garden
  • Special Offers To Select Events at The Garden & Radio City Music Hall
  • Special Youth Hockey Offers
Rangers Lifer Package
  • Rangers Team Experience
  • Tailored Gift
  • Exclusive Offers Redeemable at The Garden
  • Special Offers To Select Events at The Garden & Radio City Music Hall
  • Free Yearbook