Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Yep. Boston did what old time watchers would expect them to do. And it didn't work out real well for them.

Pasternak answered the bell. And got his helmet handed to him.

Probably shouldn't have tussled with Reinhart earlier not expecting any consequences.

Yeah. I'm obviously biased here in the NHL modern era and still believe the Code matters....
I would have loved seeing Montour tune up Marchand

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Both coaches showed appreciation for the intensity of the series.

Maurice on the fighting "Sorry whoever is offended by that concept, but that was awesome"

Monty praised Pasta for stepping out of character:

Man I really miss the intensity of playoff hockey here :(

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Another too many men penalty against Boston. That’s 5 in 9 games. It’s a risky strategy but pretty clever.

I wonder if they’ve hit a point where the league is instructing the refs to crack down in it.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Neck protectors.
1715261867761.png

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Utah Powder needs to be memed into existence for how stupid it is.

Swarm, Black Diamonds, Outlaws, and maybe Venom are the only half decent ones on there.

I don't care what gets chosen, I'm calling them the Utah Sister Wives because of how much I've had to endure that stupid ass show.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
On a serious note, I'd appreciate if people could go to nhlinutah.com and vote for "Mountaineers" and "Outlaws" only as the choices during this round of team naming, and then go back and vote for "Outlaws" in the finals after May 22. I live in Salt Lake and am getting half season tickets next year. How often in life does a new NHL team come up in the city you live in, right? I don't want the team to have a stupid name.

Names that end in "s" sound better in my opinion. Based on polling and discussion I've seen, "Outlaws" and "Yeti" have the most public support. I think Yeti is a silly comic book name that sticks out like a sore thumb when you're looking down a list of other team names like Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Kings, Oilers, Flames, Canadiens, Bruins.

So help me give the team I'll have half season tickets to a normal hockey name and not a weird silly name and go vote for Outlaws and Mountaineers please.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
On a serious note, I'd appreciate if people could go to nhlinutah.com and vote for "Mountaineers" and "Outlaws" only as the choices during this round of team naming, and then go back and vote for "Outlaws" in the finals after May 22. I live in Salt Lake and am getting half season tickets next year. How often in life does a new NHL team come up in the city you live in, right? I don't want the team to have a stupid name.

Names that end in "s" sound better in my opinion. Based on polling and discussion I've seen, "Outlaws" and "Yeti" have the most public support. I think Yeti is a silly comic book name that sticks out like a sore thumb when you're looking down a list of other team names like Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Kings, Oilers, Flames, Canadiens, Bruins.

So help me give the team I'll have half season tickets to a normal hockey name and not a weird silly name and go vote for Outlaws and Mountaineers please.

I went to vote for Yeti earlier and decided against it when they asked for name and email. Im not giving that out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad