Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
My kids never had a big interest in the skating party but wanted to go this year. I called my rep.early on and he told me that the Rangers were having the event this year but hadn't finalized a date and might possibly have it at Yankee Stadium. A few months later I read about it on HF Boards but hadn't received an invitation. I called my rep and he told me it was just for Chase card holders. I never pay attention to what bank my credit card is under but I looked and sure enough it was Chase. My rep was apologetic and asked me if I needed extra skate tickets and being that my daughters are in HS I jumped on the offer and they brought some of their friends. I then got a package in the mail last week with 2 pucks for each Stadium Series Game and a Rangerstown T-shirt with a note of apology. When I became a STH 8 years ago my rep. and I hit it off and we actually went out for dinner before a game on me at least once a season. He then got a promotion within MSG and still works there so he hooked me up with my current rep. who I still have and we meet up at least once a season and I have a great relationship with. My rep doesn't make much money and works hard and I am very happy with him.

I thought about taking my rep (or whatever they're called before you get a 'dedicated experience manager') out to dinner, but made a donation to his sister's charity via some MSG program instead. I like the idea of getting to know them better, but my rep now is a female who is of a similar age and I fear opening up a can of worms with any sort of invite.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I thought about taking my rep (or whatever they're called before you get a 'dedicated experience manager') out to dinner, but made a donation to his sister's charity via some MSG program instead. I like the idea of getting to know them better, but my rep now is a female who is of a similar age and I fear opening up a can of worms with any sort of invite.

My rep is in his 30,s and I know he doesn't make a boatload of money but is doing it for the experience. About 3 years ago I brought this up on HF Boards and the response basically was (the reps work for me and I already pay a fortune for tickets so why should I go out of my way to be extra nice to my rep) well that is all true but I found it easier to have a rep. that I know. I have 6 seats on my account and don't make a lot of money so being a STH is my main luxury and I want my experience to be the best possible. I am not talking about paying off your reps but I am sure it is appreciated when I ask my rep or my former rep if they want to have a few beers and a burger after work 2-3 times a year. You also get to hear some neat inside stuff that you normally wouldn't hear.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
My kids never had a big interest in the skating party but wanted to go this year. I called my rep.early on and he told me that the Rangers were having the event this year but hadn't finalized a date and might possibly have it at Yankee Stadium. A few months later I read about it on HF Boards but hadn't received an invitation. I called my rep and he told me it was just for Chase card holders. I never pay attention to what bank my credit card is under but I looked and sure enough it was Chase. My rep was apologetic and asked me if I needed extra skate tickets and being that my daughters are in HS I jumped on the offer and they brought some of their friends. I then got a package in the mail last week with 2 pucks for each Stadium Series Game and a Rangerstown T-shirt with a note of apology. When I became a STH 8 years ago my rep. and I hit it off and we actually went out for dinner before a game on me at least once a season. He then got a promotion within MSG and still works there so he hooked me up with my current rep. who I still have and we meet up at least once a season and I have a great relationship with. My rep doesn't make much money and works hard and I am very happy with him.

I pay with my Chase card and never got any info on the Yankee Stadium skating event.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Does anybody remember the due date if you elect to pay in full? Is it the same as if you elect the 10 payment plan?

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Does anybody remember the due date if you elect to pay in full? Is it the same as if you elect the 10 payment plan?

Just curious why you would want to pay in full unless you are paying by credit card and want the miles all at once?

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

Just curious why you would want to pay in full unless you are paying by credit card and want the miles all at once?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
That is part of it. I ref football and umpire softball, most of it, I get paid cash on the field. What I had done the past few years was hold onto all that money in a safe at home. When my Giants money was due (March), I would pay with the CC, and deposit all the money into my checking account. Pay the bill, and move the rest into savings account. Then do the Rangers tickets with the monthly payments since they started it. However, I find it annoying that my Rangers ticket bill each month is higher than my car payment each month. I also take the money I get from selling Giants tickets and put that into my ref money. Right now, I have just about enough cash to pay the giants bill and rangers bill in full. So, I get the miles right away, and don't have to see the charge on my cc bill every month. Next season, when I sell some Giants tickets put that money aside. Sell a bunch of Rangers tickets, put that money aside. Add my ref money. When invoices are out, pay them off, and then put rest into savings or whatever.

As for miles, my wife and I have become miles ******. We put everything we can on the cc, but do pay it off each month. Only things we can't put on CC are mortgage, maintenance fee (we in a co-op), electic, and one of my wives student loans.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
That is part of it. I ref football and umpire softball, most of it, I get paid cash on the field. What I had done the past few years was hold onto all that money in a safe at home. When my Giants money was due (March), I would pay with the CC, and deposit all the money into my checking account. Pay the bill, and move the rest into savings account. Then do the Rangers tickets with the monthly payments since they started it. However, I find it annoying that my Rangers ticket bill each month is higher than my car payment each month. I also take the money I get from selling Giants tickets and put that into my ref money. Right now, I have just about enough cash to pay the giants bill and rangers bill in full. So, I get the miles right away, and don't have to see the charge on my cc bill every month. Next season, when I sell some Giants tickets put that money aside. Sell a bunch of Rangers tickets, put that money aside. Add my ref money. When invoices are out, pay them off, and then put rest into savings or whatever.

As for miles, my wife and I have become miles ******. We put everything we can on the cc, but do pay it off each month. Only things we can't put on CC are mortgage, maintenance fee (we in a co-op), electic, and one of my wives student loans.

Hey, it sounds like it works for you. I have 6 gallery seats so if I paid it all at once it would be $33,210 so I like the 10 month plan.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, mine is not nearly that high. Also use that ref/giant ticket cash for road games and the outdoor games this year. What I had done up until this year, was start the payments, collect cash when I get the tickets. Use that cash to just pay off the balance, and throw whatever was left into savings.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Yeah, mine is not nearly that high. Also use that ref/giant ticket cash for road games and the outdoor games this year. What I had done up until this year, was start the payments, collect cash when I get the tickets. Use that cash to just pay off the balance, and throw whatever was left into savings.
s

Do you only go to the close by road games like Islanders, Devils, Flyers or do you travel further?

I live in NJ 15 minutes from the Rock so that's easy for me. I try to go see them play in Philly once a season if it's on a weekend. Went to Washington this year. I Have been to Toronto and Montreal in the past. My wife is into hockey so when we go to a road game that's more than a day trip we make a weekend out of it.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

We're mileage junkies too. But you can put your mortgage payment and maintenance fees on a credit card, albeit not directly. You can buy vanilla reload cards at CVS or similar (using a credit card) and transfer the funds to Bluebird (by Amex). Then you have Bluebird make the bill payment. This method takes a little effort, and costs $7.90/$1,000, but if you have the time and value your points at over $0.015 or more it's worth it. Since you have to pay those bills one way or another you might as well earn points or miles doing so.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
s

Do you only go to the close by road games like Islanders, Devils, Flyers or do you travel further?

I live in NJ 15 minutes from the Rock so that's easy for me. I try to go see them play in Philly once a season if it's on a weekend. Went to Washington this year. I Have been to Toronto and Montreal in the past. My wife is into hockey so when we go to a road game that's more than a day trip we make a weekend out of it.

I'll go further. Was supposed to go to Toronto for the 7-1 game this year, but my flight got canceled after the snow and couldn't get there. Aside from Devils and Isles, been to Philly, boston, pittsburgh, montreal, ottawa, toronto, washington, carolina, florida, detroit, and san jose.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
I'll go further. Was supposed to go to Toronto for the 7-1 game this year, but my flight got canceled after the snow and couldn't get there. Aside from Devils and Isles, been to Philly, boston, pittsburgh, montreal, ottawa, toronto, washington, carolina, florida, detroit, and san jose.

That's a lot of road trips. I have a lot of catching up to do. A few years back we were supposed to fly out on Friday morning for a Saturday night game in Toronto. We were getting our passports out and turns out my wife's was expired. We had to change the Friday flight to Saturday and spend all day Friday getting a new passport for my wife. She was so upset with herself. I was just happy in the end we at least got to toronto on Saturday afternoon for the game that night. Rangers won 2-1 which made it all good!! My father lives very close to the Panthers arena but there weren't any weekend games this year. Tickets for Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa are very expensive. How do you typically get your tickets for those games?

Tikkanese

Dec 6, 2006
New York
Rep Experience

Mandy is my rep, and she has been very responsive. I had trouble with my Stadium Series tickets (never got them), and she helped iron it out. And when my son and I arrived for the skating party she remembered, asked if everything went well and said it was great we could make it.

I know she's a professional service person and it's her job, but I agree with others who say that by and large they work hard and want to do a good job for us.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012

That's a lot of road trips. I have a lot of catching up to do. A few years back we were supposed to fly out on Friday morning for a Saturday night game in Toronto. We were getting our passports out and turns out my wife's was expired. We had to change the Friday flight to Saturday and spend all day Friday getting a new passport for my wife. She was so upset with herself. I was just happy in the end we at least got to toronto on Saturday afternoon for the game that night. Rangers won 2-1 which made it all good!! My father lives very close to the Panthers arena but there weren't any weekend games this year. Tickets for Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa are very expensive. How do you typically get your tickets for those games?

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
I paid with Chase to and never got anything about the Skating at Yankee Stadium. I don't get alot of info from my rep, I get it from the board here then I email them and they say an email was sent out. So they email me the info again but its always later then everyone else. I haven't been on here in awhile so I had no idea about the skating thing at Yankee stadium. I am sure I will get the email when it comes time to pay money though., That email always seems to come.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Ottawa tickets are not expensive at all. Montreal I bought once on stubhub and twice on the ticketmaster type site they use. Toronto, I get from a broker I know in the area. And no, I didnt do all of those this season.

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Ottawa tickets are not expensive at all. Montreal I bought once on stubhub and twice on the ticketmaster type site they use. Toronto, I get from a broker I know in the area. And no, I didnt do all of those this season.

If I go to Toronto again I will contact you for your broker's info. Do you have your next trip planned?
Thinking about going to Philly on March 1st but prices right now are more than I have spent in the past. In previous years I paid no more than $150 for lower level corner seats at the end the Ranger shoot twice. Right now those seats start at around $170.00 I think I'll wait it out until closer to game day.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
If I go to Toronto again I will contact you for your broker's info. Do you have your next trip planned?
Thinking about going to Philly on March 1st but prices right now are more than I have spent in the past. In previous years I paid no more than $150 for lower level corner seats at the end the Ranger shoot twice. Right now those seats start at around $170.00 I think I'll wait it out until closer to game day.
I am actually going to that game. I got 6th row for $125 each on stubhub a few weeks ago. Corner the Flyers shoot twice.

Not doing anything else this season. Trip I want to to do is Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad