Tickets: Rangers Season Ticket Holder Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Based on last years prices.....If NYR played 16 home playoff games, the cost for all 16 would be approx 3900 for blue seats. 41 reg season home games there cost me 4100 for the year, not including the 25 buck shipping they hit you with each time. Its so insane. And they bill you for the 4th game even if youre not the high seed haha. I mean idc I consistently roll my money over from resale throughout the year, its just ridiculous.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Based on last years prices.....If NYR played 16 home playoff games, the cost for all 16 would be approx 3900 for blue seats. 41 reg season home games there cost me 4100 for the year, not including the 25 buck shipping they hit you with each time. Its so insane. And they bill you for the 4th game even if youre not the high seed haha. I mean idc I consistently roll my money over from resale throughout the year, its just ridiculous.

Not exactly - it's pay by round. So you pay for four games for round 1, if the Rangers sweep and only play 2, you get a 2 game credit towards the number of potential games for the next round (which is more likely to be accurate based on known seeding)

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010

Just for a lark I checked my 1994 tix (greens row 1) for playoff prices.

1st round $35 PER
2nd round $35
3rd round $37

SC round $46

As it turned out the total cost for played games was $1014.

How could tix prices have gone up so quickly?

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
400 level in 94 for the regular season were $16 and $12 for 3 or 4 endzone sections.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
big change on stubhub for Ranger games, tickets will now expire 30 minutes past gametime. This is going to screw with last minute buyers since to get the best deal you will now have to miss 30 minutes of hockey. Good for the seller to avoid eating tickets on a dog game

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
big change on stubhub for Ranger games, tickets will now expire 30 minutes past gametime. This is going to screw with last minute buyers since to get the best deal you will now have to miss 30 minutes of hockey. Good for the seller to avoid eating tickets on a dog game

This was previously 1 hour before game time, correct?

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
This was previously 1 hour before game time, correct?
Nope, was at game time.

Coming from someone who buys last minute tickets all the time(90% of my games are that way), I'll either be spending a lot more money to go to a game, or, more likely, just not go at all. The popular and "exciting" games(Isles, Devils, Flyers, etc.), rarely have a huge decline, so I'll buy those a little while before the game like I do now, but I've been going to random weeknight games after work for $25 or so for good seats, and if they're now $50, I'll probably just go back to CT and watch it on the HD TV, which honestly is just as enjoyable as being there for those games(for rivalry games where the crowd gets into it, not so).

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Nope, was at game time.

Coming from someone who buys last minute tickets all the time(90% of my games are that way), I'll either be spending a lot more money to go to a game, or, more likely, just not go at all. The popular and "exciting" games(Isles, Devils, Flyers, etc.), rarely have a huge decline, so I'll buy those a little while before the game like I do now, but I've been going to random weeknight games after work for $25 or so for good seats, and if they're now $50, I'll probably just go back to CT and watch it on the HD TV, which honestly is just as enjoyable as being there for those games(for rivalry games where the crowd gets into it, not so).

Sorry, missed that you were talking about Stubhub. I incorrectly thought Ticketmaster/TicketExchange. Pretty sure those can't be forwarded at 1 hour prior to game time.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Sorry, missed that you were talking about Stubhub. I incorrectly thought Ticketmaster/TicketExchange. Pretty sure those can't be forwarded at 1 hour prior to game time.

Yeah, I believe ticketmaster/ticketexchange/ticketsnow is two hours before, but it might be one, I've never bought tickets from there so not really 100% sure.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

That seems really strange to me. Will people really buy tickets that late? 5 minutes after the game starts, I can see, but 30? I think there will still be deals to be had if you buy 10-15 minutes before puck drop.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
That seems really strange to me. Will people really buy tickets that late? 5 minutes after the game starts, I can see, but 30? I think there will still be deals to be had if you buy 10-15 minutes before puck drop.

There are a lot of people that wait right up until 5 or 10 minutes before game time to get the cheapest deal possible. The reason it's the cheapest is because all those sellers who couldn't get their price have a choice:

A) sell the ticket for whatever you can
or
B) hold firm, don't get a sale, and eat 100% of the cost

So now there's no eating the cost at game time, you have an extra 30 minutes. A lot of buyers will be like you said, WTF I don't want to miss 30 minutes of the game, so whatever I'm going to just pay the price now because I want to see the whole game. And some people will be like, any hockey is better at 50% and they'll wait it out. Of course now there will be less tickets available 30 minutes in.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
This thread is a lot of fun to read. Having gone to school to work in sports, knowing a ton of people who are sales reps and working in sports myself the feedback/experiences are fun to read. Having a good relationship with your rep really can go a long way. Especially if your rep is on top of what they should be on top of. On the flip side there is only so much that you can do as a rep in most instances regardless of what your personal feelings are.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
There are a lot of people that wait right up until 5 or 10 minutes before game time to get the cheapest deal possible. The reason it's the cheapest is because all those sellers who couldn't get their price have a choice:

A) sell the ticket for whatever you can
or
B) hold firm, don't get a sale, and eat 100% of the cost

So now there's no eating the cost at game time, you have an extra 30 minutes. A lot of buyers will be like you said, WTF I don't want to miss 30 minutes of the game, so whatever I'm going to just pay the price now because I want to see the whole game. And some people will be like, any hockey is better at 50% and they'll wait it out. Of course now there will be less tickets available 30 minutes in.
The first part I completely understand.

Disagree on the 2nd part. I think sellers who are hoping for a last minute sale would be foolish to wait until after the game starts to start dropping prices in hopes to re-coup something. I think sellers would be wise to stick to their same schedule. If they generally start to drastically drop prices an hour before, then they should stick with doing so an hour before. Think most peoole who are buying that late are doing so with the attitude, "if I can get a great deal, I will take it. If not, just go watch on tv.." For popular games, it won't matter, but for the less popular games it will.

Will be interesting to see how it goes moving forward. My suspicion is sellers will start off by holding firm on their prices through gametime at least for the first few games after the break.

CarlosDanger

Beast Mode
Aug 29, 2013
'Merica
Any guesses when we will start getting contacted about renewing our seats for next year? I thought I heard someone say early March.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I actually emailed my rep that over the Olympic break. Yesterday, she responded within the next 2 weeks.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Any guesses when we will start getting contacted about renewing our seats for next year? I thought I heard someone say early March.

I went thru my emails to see when it came in last year....around 3rd week of march, renewals and playoff stuff. Get ready...exciting......maybe the prices went down :laugh:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I went thru my emails to see when it came in last year....around 3rd week of march, renewals and playoff stuff. Get ready...exciting......maybe the prices went down :laugh:

not a good indicator because of the lockout

it will be earlier this year, probably around this upcoming Wednesday

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I didn't bother asking. Figured either A) she won't tell me or b) she will and I will get annoyed.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Assuming she gave you no hints about the pricing right?

pricing will be higher than last year and roughly the same as a percentage to regular season. My predictions for each round for 200's corner/goal:

lower rows:
$120 $135 $175 $275

upper rows:
$85 $104 $131 $198

niinah

Section 214
Jul 6, 2012
Valhalla
pricing will be higher than last year and roughly the same as a percentage to regular season. My predictions for each round for 200's corner/goal:

lower rows:
$120 $135 $175 $275

upper rows:
$85 $104 $131 $198

Ouch, I don't even want to think about all the $$$ we'll be parting with soon. One month without a $900 payment has been bliss.
I'm even considering one of those Chase 0% APR cards though I have too many already, dammit.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

lower rows:
$120 $135 $175 $275

upper rows:
$85 $104 $131 $198

I was talking more about next season but that works too. 200's upper center from what I remember for last season was $89, $105, $140, $205.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ouch, I don't even want to think about all the $$$ we'll be parting with soon. One month without a $900 payment has been bliss.
I'm even considering one of those Chase 0% APR cards though I have too many already, dammit.

niinah - your people don't seem to be too fond of the king lol...

iltashan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->