Post-Game Talk: Rangers / Sabres - Haley is a Second Liner

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
I'm sick of Tortorella getting out coached bring in someone who knows offense and keep Sullivan for the D. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Gernander out of the Whale either. we need a shakeup badly.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I hate to say it but the NYR are starting to develop and identity...

An easy to play against, soft team, who's stars (or BIG ticket items if you'd rather) are not playing anywhere near where they need to be, and who's surrounding cast is too young or not skilled enough to shoulder the weight.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Only losing 2 out of the last 7 wouldn't seem so bad if they weren't lost in such ****** ways. Such a shame

Kershaw

Only losing 2 out of the last 7 wouldn't seem so bad if they weren't lost in such ****** ways. Such a shame

We played well last night, but the Torts comments to Sam made a lot of people (including me) lose it.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I hate to say it but the NYR are starting to develop and identity...

An easy to play against, soft team, who's stars (or BIG ticket items if you'd rather) are not playing anywhere near where they need to be, and who's surrounding cast is too young or not skilled enough to shoulder the weight.

Sounds alot like the pre 2005 lockout Rangers to me.

fugly

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
We played well last night, but the Torts comments to Sam made a lot of people (including me) lose it.

We didn't play well last night.

There was no commitment to go to the front of the net.

coverage all over the ice was non-existant.

Coverage in the D zone was abysmal all game.

Torts comments were spot on and the players should be the ones that have to answer the tough questions like

"Dan, seemed to me that you were out of position all night. Care to comment?"

I mean, WTF on the Foligno goal and on the Vanek breakaway goal.

Sorry, but played well is NOT what the Rangers did last night.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
I continue to be baffled by a coach who benches a 40 goal scorer in lieu of a goon when the team is behind. Sometimes I think that he is more interested in sending messages to the team than he is winning games.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I continue to be baffled by a coach who benches a 40 goal scorer in lieu of a goon when the team is behind. Sometimes I think that he is more interested in sending messages to the team than he is winning games.

If that 40 goal scorer is playing like Claude Rains, then I can see it.

Should have kept Gabby glued to the ****ing bench with that piss poor effort

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
This game will be one of the many people forget when we're a top 4 seed going into the playoffs, and then will harp on if we don't win the cup.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last night sucked. Really bad.

They have to beat that team.

Cant wait until the puck drops in Winnipeg so we can forget about this one. (hopefully)

Maybe this is why I didnt have the Buffalo game orginally listed on my Ical schedule. Throw it away

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
This game will be one of the many people forget when we're a top 4 seed going into the playoffs, and then will harp on if we don't win the cup.

There is seriously such a slim chance of that happening, it's ridiculous. If this team is lucky they'll end up in 6th. This team is not lucky, we'll end up in 5th and be placed against the 4th place Habs come playoff time :shakehead

Mathematically right now there is a 2% chance of the Rangers finishing in 4th. Of course, sports aren't won on paper.

But you really only have to look. Boston is in fourth right now, 9 points ahead of us with a game in hand. The Habs have 10 points on us, and we have a game in hand. Catching either of them is going to be very tricky.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
There is seriously such a slim chance of that happening, it's ridiculous. If this team is lucky they'll end up in 6th. This team is not lucky, we'll end up in 5th and be placed against the 4th place Habs come playoff time :shakehead

Mathematically right now there is a 2% chance of the Rangers finishing in 4th. Of course, sports aren't won on paper.

But you really only have to look. Boston is in fourth right now, 9 points ahead of us with a game in hand. The Habs have 10 points on us, and we have a game in hand. Catching either of them is going to be very tricky.

Yeah we need Habs to start sucking very soon. I dont see it though.

Habs/Bruins finishing with more points than us most likely means 1 of them gets the #4 seed. I'd rather see us get the #6 seed and play Carolina/Winnipeg.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
I wonder what Gabby thought about watching Mike Freaking Haley taking his shift.

I am sure he thought nothing of it. He has no urgency in his game because he doesnt think his lack of production has anything to do with him. He knows his ability has been validated by his paycheck.

Dorado*

Top 4 teams rarely if ever lose to back up goaltenders who haven't won in nearly two seasons who play for bottom of the conference .
I've said it since the first week of season . Not just after this loss , AS CONSTRUCTED THIS TEAM SUCKS .
Gaborik sucks in Torts system and has flat out quit
Richards sucks and is finished period .
Our " Elite D " can't shoot the puck at ALL and isn't much better at moving the puck .
The team is soft and doesn't fight or stick up for each other . All it takes is a Steve OTT or Chris Neil to derail the NYR of 2012/13 .
8 th place and a first round exit or blow it up and maybe get some picks back and start over . I said all last year was smoke and mirrors and a red hot HENKE And some really lucky last minute wins .

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Top 4 teams rarely if ever lose to back up goaltenders who haven't won in nearly two seasons who play for bottom of the conference .
I've said it since the first week of season . Not just after this loss , AS CONSTRUCTED THIS TEAM SUCKS .
Gaborik sucks in Torts system and has flat out quit
Richards sucks and is finished period .
Our " Elite D " can't shoot the puck at ALL and isn't much better at moving the puck .
The team is soft and doesn't fight or stick up for each other . All it takes is a Steve OTT or Chris Neil to derail the NYR of 2012/13 .
8 th place and a first round exit or blow it up and maybe get some picks back and start over . I said all last year was smoke and mirrors and a red hot HENKE And some really lucky last minute wins .

can we stop with this crap that he doesn't fit the system.. the guy had 86 points last year and 40+ goals, twice with torts already.... hes not physically engaged, so what.. still no excuse why he cant be putting up goals..

Dorado*

Gaby has produced in the past but has checked out tuned this guy out .

Kershaw

The Rangers have a 74% chance for the 8th seed. The next worst team are the Devils at 17% I believe for 8th before tonight's game.

A 4 game losing streak and the team is probably done if they play .500 like they have the rest of the way.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Gaby has produced in the past but has checked out tuned this guy out .

And that is the key to the equation.

If the majority of the players have tuned out the coaching staff, it really doesn't matter how good the coaches are.

But, have the guys tuned him out? There have been a few games where the team has been dominant, where everyone looks like they're playing the system and working hard. Other games they look like beer leaguers. It almost feels like there's two different teams wearing the Rangers' jersey this season.

Will the real Rangers please stand up...

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
The Rangers have a 74% chance for the 8th seed. The next worst team are the Devils at 17% I believe for 8th before tonight's game.

A 4 game losing streak and the team is probably done if they play .500 like they have the rest of the way.

And what's strange is that they're 4 points out of 5th with 2 games in hand. Win those 2 games in hand, and yeah.

Standings are packed. It's going to go down to the wire.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: