Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
David Quinn is not a good NHL coach.

We are not a good team. Once again, emphasizing the word 'TEAM'..

We have a highly skilled roster with great potential... a wild card of a team. We can beat the best and be outplayed by the worst.

and to top it off... we have a really weak locker room. Leadership all around leaves a lot to be desired

ps.- Quinn was much better with personnel management today. So, that's a plus.
Leadership starts with the coach.

I don't have any reason to believe the locker room is a problem. I'm not in it.

This board just desperately wants Messier. Sorry, guys, but he retired. Most of the captains on recent Cup winners are dorks.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Why do people keep saying this?

Laf and Kravtsov played the fewest and second-fewest minutes.

What did I miss?
The distribution was very even and the kids kept playing - and probably playing a little more - til the end. I’m sure someone has better numbers but I suspect that’s was @mas0764 was seeing too.

Reactions: kovazub94

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The distribution was very even and the kids kept playing - and probably playing a little more - til the end. I’m sure someone has better numbers but I suspect that’s was @mas0764 was seeing too.
Lafreniere played a full two minutes less than anybody else sans Kravtsov.

The bar is in the f***ing ground if that's letting him play.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

This board just desperately wants Messier. Sorry, guys, but he retired. Most of the captains on recent Cup winners are dorks.
At this point, it's hard not to point out how easily they get deflated when things dont go their way. 'Back breakers'. Lose focus, urgency and intensity. Someone needs to take control.

We traded, bought out and let a lot of our vets walk. We relied heavily on Mika and Kreider. Losing Smith this offseason. Who's leading this team? It's another aspect that needs to be addressed.

tbh, it looks like ( to me at least ) Mika is not #teamQuinn.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At this point, it's hard not to point out how easily they get deflated when things dont go their way.

We traded, bought out and let a lot of our vets walk. We relied heavily on Mika and Kreider. Losing Smith this offseason. Who's leading this team? It's another aspect that needs to be addressed.
They're grown ups. They don't need to be screamed at to do their jobs.

Get an NHL coach and this wouldn't be a problem anymore.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

ROR? Ovechkin? Crosby? Can't really count Stamkos since he was hurt. What exactly do you mean by dorks?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lafreniere played a full two minutes less than anybody else sans Kravtsov.

The bar is in the f***ing ground if that's letting him play.
He kept getting ice time til the end, is my point. And he didn’t exactly have a stellar game. I would characterize that as development ... at least the kind of development many are asking for.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
David Quinn is not a good NHL coach.

We are not a good team. Once again, emphasizing the word 'TEAM'..

We have a highly skilled roster with great potential... a wild card of a team. We can beat the best and be outplayed by the worst.

and to top it off... we have a really weak locker room. Leadership all around leaves a lot to be desired

ps.- Quinn was much better with personnel management today. So, that's a plus.

Quinn can't carry AV's jock. Or at least the Rangers' AV. The Flyers' AV is arguably the worst coach in the league. Anyway, that 16-17 team made the second round and were an inch away from the conference finals. We have a younger roster sure, but this roster is much better. That team had a better third line, that's about it.

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
ROR? Ovechkin? Crosby? Can't really count Stamkos since he was hurt. What exactly do you mean by dorks?
Pietrangelo was captain of the Blues.

Pietrangelo, Toews, Crosby, and Stamkos all look like they've never raised their voices in their lives.

John Tavares has captained two teams and I'm pretty sure he sells laptops at BestBuy.

You guys just want Messier. Messier retired.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Pietrangelo was captain of the Blues.

Pietrangelo, Toews, Crosby, and Stamkos all look like they've never raised their voices in their lives.

John Tavares has captained two teams and I'm pretty sure he sells laptops at BestBuy.

You guys just want Messier. Messier retired.
Yes he was my bad albeit ROR surely was captain material and led by example in those playoffs. He was a beast.
Toews and Crosby may not raise their voices but they set an example with their play and battle levels.
I don't need someone who raises their voices on or even off the ice but someone who shows it with their actions on the ice. I know that is hard to find nowadays but a lot of those cup captains have it.

Reactions: egelband

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really really poor effort.

Tying goal was infuriating. 2-1 game, puck in deep. Kakko and Panarin both back at least trying to support the breakout and ultimately defend. Ryan Strome is flying the zone, outside the blue line in the neutral zone looking for a pass. Strome, the center. That’s unacceptable.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
PP2 is horrible, why do we still play 2 dmen - they both look awful out there - and Blackwell?

3rd line ( in reality the 4th line) was very good today, and they still played less minutes than our journeymen line.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
PP2 is horrible, why do we still play 2 dmen - they both look awful out there - and Blackwell?

3rd line ( in reality the 4th line) was very good today, and they still played less minutes than our journeymen line.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I wrote a whole post and it was deleted.

long story short. Kreider sucks ass and needs to be seeing less ice time. Was useless and didnt even try to skate tonight

and miller is useless at the point running the pp. get him off it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes he was my bad albeit ROR surely was captain material and led by example in those playoffs. He was a beast.
Toews and Crosby may not raise their voices but they set an example with their play and battle levels.
I don't need someone who raises their voices on or even off the ice but someone who shows it with their actions on the ice. I know that is hard to find nowadays but a lot of those cup captains have it.
We have plenty of guys who bring it on the ice, just like we have plenty of guys who can play along the boards and in front of the net.

People say it's not about fighting but it is. They say it's not about yelling but it is.

We don't want grit and leadership, we want an idea of grit and leadership that matches an arbitrary eye test. We want to just think we have it to make us feel better if the team fails like in 2012.

This team was absolutely dominant in 2014 with no captain and great in 2015 with a couple of frat boys wearing letters.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We have plenty of guys who bring it on the ice, just like we have plenty of guys who can play along the boards and in front of the net.

People say it's not about fighting but it is. They say it's not about yelling but it is.

We don't want grit and leadership, we want an idea of grit and leadership that matches an arbitrary eye test. We want to just think we have it to make us feel better if the team fails like in 2012.

This team was absolutely dominant in 2014 with no captain and great in 2015 with a couple of frat boys wearing letters.

we can have both hopefully. Maybe one day Lafreniere turns into that player. It's not a must but I guess I just enjoy having talented physical players on my team. I still think that sets the tone for a lot of the games in playoff hockey. I could care less if you have the right hand of Joey Kocur.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad