Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
we can have both hopefully. Maybe one day Lafreniere turns into that player. It's not a must but I guess I just enjoy having talented physical players on my team. I still think that sets the tone for a lot of the games in playoff hockey. I could care less if you have the right hand of Joey Kocur.
They have talented physical players. I guarantee you, get a coach with some organization and things will look a lot different.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wonder who comes out when Howden is ready? I wanna see Gauthier play every single game but I don't see anyone else coming out since Kravy played a decent game

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They have talented physical players. I guarantee you, get a coach with some organization and things will look a lot different.
Since most of the team are babies they so have the size but I wouldn't say physical just yet. We shall see with age and maturity that will come.
No doubt we need a new coach next year. This year we are gonna just do enough to linger in the 5th/6th spot and DQ isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Machinehead

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Lafreniere played a full two minutes less than anybody else sans Kravtsov.

The bar is in the f***ing ground if that's letting him play.

One of the problems is post PK and PP Quinn hodpodges the lines for a full rotation at times. We used to get Chytil Panarin and Kaako as the first post PK shift. Instead we get Ziba Panarin and Kreider and then a few hodgepodge shifts until normal shifts rotations. Guys like Laf, Krav then sit for PK plus an additional 2 to 3 minutes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Unscreened from above the circles. That 2nd goal is weak as f***.

I don’t know if you noticed but last night it was one of those games where Shesterkin wasn’t at his best and was fighting it all game long, so it’s good on him to only allow 2 goals for the whole game and giving the Rangers a chance to win it.

IMO the Rangers lost the game at least partially by not being able to get the puck out of their zone time and time again, and refs were giving some weak icing calls to Buffalo.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don't know if it was weak, but from that far away he could have made the save and he would have in the first 55 minutes of the game.

Shesterkin was struggling the whole game and still only allowed 2 goals.

Did you miss the refill on your anti-goalie meds or something? Your anger is misdirected.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why do people keep saying this?

Laf and Kravtsov played the fewest and second-fewest minutes.

What did I miss?

1. PP and PK impact.
2. Our own zone faceoffs when just like Quinn, I’d prefer another line / center to be there.
3. Otherwise Kids line never missed a shift in the rotation

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I'm upset that Shesterkin has the talent that Hank has but right now he's a mental midget. And it's ok this year, but we'll go another career of a Ranger goalie that we won't win a cup if he doesn't become mentally stronger. I'm concerned about his future prospects, I really am.
What did I miss? Are we saying Shesterkin is why they lost?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I am going to die on the hill that Quinn can't communicate with our young european players well enough due to culture and language and there's a disconnect that is causing frustration and miscommunication or poor communication. I will wait 30 years to hear the ESPN documentary on this.

If true, the vets would go to Quinn and management to complain, which would be enough to show Quinn the door, but you can opt to die on the hill of your choosing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Rangers looked like they were playing gripping their sticks too hard, while Buffalo - after getting the winless monkey off their backs and then some - were free-rolling.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
He doesn't even pass the eye test IMO. Terrible with the puck on his stick, consistently loses puck battles and doesn't seem to know how to use his leverage and body position to box out or tie up forwards. A total zero in transition up the ice and as far as defending the neutral zone it seems like he cedes the blue line with consistency. I really don't get what some of you guys (not directed at you) see in him.

That is just way off base.
I really feel like this board starts to develop a narrative about a player and it takes on a life of its own. I know the advanced stats nerds will point to a few numbers and conclude Hajek is awful, but its analysis in a bubble.
As far as what you have stated, I just don't know what you are watching? The kid has defended fairly well and isn't nearly the liability with the puck as you state. Remember, its his first full year and he is a third pair D. Doesn't help that he is with Smith, who, IMO, has been far worse overall.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Now, I don't want to be overly dramatic (well, I say that) but it's troubling seeing Lafreniere somehow get OT time ahead of Kakko. There is just nothing that would support this. Offensively, defensively, experience, conditioning, role on the team.

Quinn doesn't like Kakko. Period. I can handle players needing to earn credits for the cafeteria but this doesn't make sense why it's so difficult for Kaapo.

Quinn doesn't like Kakko? Based on?

He's got him in a top 6 role despite his having a measly total of 7 points on the season.

Kakko has only two points more than Howden on the season, despite averaging two more minutes a game, top-6 minutes and some PP team.

How many guys around the league are getting top 6 minutes who have less than 7 points?

His production should have him playing 19 minutes a game and on the first PP?

But Quinn doesn't like him is the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad