Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think some of his problems are the result of Smith's incompetence
Of course we're gonna blame the failed signee over our own kid, but anybody paired with Hajek might as well get their legs chopped off.

It's a small sample, but in 46 minutes of Hajek-Fox, the Rangers are negative in every metric.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Kravstov was pretty good for his first game. He made the whole third line better. Dropping Goat to the fourth made that line better. Bottom six was better today than the last game.
When we signed Bread, I thought it was a huge over payment. Not anymore. Imagine where this team would be without him. Probably below Buffalo in the rankings.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It doesn't lol
upload_2021-4-3_22-37-8.jpeg

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I thought it was Panarin's turnover that led to the tying goal more so than Hajek

Anyway, my thoughts

Zbad line, not great.
Panarin line, Panarin was good, sans turnover
Chytil line, ok, Shesty saved them a couple times
Rooney line, ok

Fox good O, off on D, Lindgren ok
Trouba good, Miller not so much
Hajek Smith, I don't have much expectations there

Shesty good enough to win

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I really don't want to but in the last 4 games he's played he gave up a backbreaking third period goal in three of those. Great job against the Caps but I'm allowed to be despondent when a goalie does that. He has been amazing otherwise for what it's worth.
I’m not being funny. You’re a nice guy but this particular shtick has run its course.

Just escape goat Quinn like everyone else so when I’m inevitably driven insane I won’t be able to single anyone out. :laugh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m not being funny. You’re a nice guy but this particular shtick has run its course.

Just escape goat Quinn like everyone else so when I’m inevitably driven insane I won’t be able to single anyone out. :laugh:

I've wanted Quinn fired for a while. But I can't let go of three backbreaking goals in the final 5 minutes of a game in four games. He might be the best goalie in the league the first 55 minutes if that makes you feel better. :laugh:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

C'mon man..Nobody is saying they'll be world beaters with a new coach but this team as currently constructed is capable of so much more.
How do you not recognize what's wrong here?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I thought the team played well in general. Saw a lot of positives. Buffalo was just better at the right times. It’s nothing to get upset about.
At the beginning of the season I had playoff hopes but that’s obviously not happening. But there is so much to like.

Reactions: Off Sides

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You can either let it go or I’ll let it go for you.

I don't understand why I can't discuss a perfectly valid topic of conversation about the Rangers on the Rangers board. This guy is our future in net. If this is what we'll see in his career it doesn't bode well for the Rangers. How is that not a valid topic of conversation honestly? If I was complaining about Laf not producing lately this wouldn't even be a problem. Why am I being singled out?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I've wanted Quinn fired for a while. But I can't let go of three backbreaking goals in the final 5 minutes of a game in four games. He might be the best goalie in the league the first 55 minutes if that makes you feel better. :laugh:
I’ll make a deal with you. Anytime Igor gives up 3 or more goals, you can say whatever the f*** you want about him. But only then.

#mansgottahaveacodeetc

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

our offense looked terrible, whose fault is that?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
As someone who formerly folded pants part-time during college belonging to Macy’s shelves on 34th street, I’m crying. You made me cry.

I still can’t make eye contact with a pair of Dockers.
If it helps, I tried folding back the ones I looked at or tried. But I never was able to fold them like you guys did.

I bet you cringe when you see or hear straight leg, taper leg, loose fit, slim fit, boot fit...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’ll make a deal with you. Anytime Igor gives up 3 or more goals, you can say whatever the f*** you want about him. But only then.

#mansgottahaveacodeetc

That's the thing with him, he almost never gives up 3 or more goals. He's better at that than Hank was I think. Which is the love part of my love hate relationship with him, haha. He's like if Jordan never hit a game winning shot. Absolutely ridiculous until late in games.

But I guess I can try to keep to that.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I thought the team played well in general. Saw a lot of positives. Buffalo was just better at the right times. It’s nothing to get upset about.
At the beginning of the season I had playoff hopes but that’s obviously not happening. But there is so much to like.

I appreciate the optimistic view but they lost against a 22 point team?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
This team reminds me a lot of the Jagr years. When your best players play east/west and not overly physical it sets a tone. This team badly needs a Callahan type leader. Someone who can lead and set a tone. This team needs to play the right way out of the gate -- every night. What we need is for the coaching staff to push the team to play harder and more aggressive in the offensive zone. It seems like the players get a pass as long as they're playing responsible and staying on the right side of the puck. But we need our coach and our team leaders to realize that is not enough. They need to own the play out there. But this team is satisfied by a lower standard. This game is a great example of the kind of game Mike Keenan or Tortorella would be furious about and would have started benching guys because we weren't attacking, driving to the net, causing turnovers.

It's a mentality thing. This coach can't get his team to play with urgency on a consistent basis. urgency should be the norm. Not the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->