Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/3/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm not really bothered by this loss, we lived and died with what we put out there. We played the kids in the third and in OT instead of just letting Panarin and Zeb finish the job. Whatever, I guess good experience for them.

We don't play the kids enough. Boo!
Why are the kids out there? Boo!

Reactions: Embryo

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Pietrangelo was captain of the Blues.

Pietrangelo, Toews, Crosby, and Stamkos all look like they've never raised their voices in their lives.

John Tavares has captained two teams and I'm pretty sure he sells laptops at BestBuy.

You guys just want Messier. Messier retired.

That is a an awful take. Did you use the eye test?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Because we have to move heaven and earth to not play Lafreniere. He has to #EarnIt, even when the smack-you-in-the-face obvious move is to play him.
To be fair, the kid has looked like a borderline NHL player to date. In one game, I saw more out of Kravstov than I have from Laf all season sans a couple of moments.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
C'mon man..Nobody is saying they'll be world beaters with a new coach but this team as currently constructed is capable of so much more.
How do you not recognize what's wrong here?

Almost every single prediction before the season had them missing the playoffs. Now, that it's happening, they're underachieving?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Quinn doesn't like Kakko? Based on?

He's got him in a top 6 role despite his having a measly total of 7 points on the season.

Kakko has only two points more than Howden on the season, despite averaging two more minutes a game, top-6 minutes and some PP team.

How many guys around the league are getting top 6 minutes who have less than 7 points?

His production should have him playing 19 minutes a game and on the first PP?

But Quinn doesn't like him is the issue.

Don’t see whom you responding to but do I guess it right that someone put forth that Quinn doesn’t like Kakko after the head coach JUST put him in a SO with the game on the line?

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I wonder who comes out when Howden is ready? I wanna see Gauthier play every single game but I don't see anyone else coming out since Kravy played a decent game
Rooney for sure. Gauthier isn’t coming out if he keeps playing the way he has the past few games. Blackwell has been very good and seems to have the coach’s trust. Rooney has been good but he and Howden do the same thing. It’ll be one or the other.

Reactions: BobSantos

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Sometimes there’s not much more to a loss than ‘the other guys played well too and got one more break’. As a sports fan, it’s important to develop that muscle. Can’t win ‘em all.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
I really don’t have an issue with Quinn not playing KK in OT tbh. He has improved and been great recently but he really has not shown the ability to make a clutch individual effort. It’s perplexing that Blackwell gets time but I have no issue with who’s going out over him otherwise.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m disappointed in the entire two game set

I don’t pin either tying goal on Shesterkin that’s olafsson in the slot he’s got one of the best releases in the entire league and buzzed it by his ear.

I thought Shesterkin was great in both games although he was fighting the puck yesterday. That happens but good goalies still have good games in that situation.
Of course I’d love to see him shut the door there but this isn’t something that’s been an issue for him in his career. Wasn’t last year wasn’t in Hartford wasn’t in the khl. Couple of instances does not a career make. You want to talk about shutting the door look no further than the caps game last week shutting them out after two early goals.

I can’t be concerned with a rookie goalie playing 925 save percentage and a 2.27 gaa with great advanced stats.

My only concern with him is his health.

now as for the kids. They played great until they sat thru the second period. Quinn cannot continue to lose these kids for 10ins at a time and then be upset that they’re struggling when they get back out there.

kravtsov looked great smart responsible player who’s figured out that he can score a lot of goals from right in front and if not for a ridiculous save by a very good as usual ullmark he would have scored. He’s a much better fit on that line than Gauthier who also played really well on the fourth line which is where he should be honestly.

Blackwell is a nice story but I’d probably go Rooney Howden Gauthier going forward.

Mika just turns the lights off with Quinn. It was clear as day he was playing for knoblauch he just looks completely different under Quinn this year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m disappointed in the entire two game set

I don’t pin either tying goal on Shesterkin that’s olafsson in the slot he’s got one of the best releases in the entire league and buzzed it by his ear.

I thought Shesterkin was great in both games although he was fighting the puck yesterday. That happens but good goalies still have good games in that situation.
Of course I’d love to see him shut the door there but this isn’t something that’s been an issue for him in his career. Wasn’t last year wasn’t in Hartford wasn’t in the khl. Couple of instances does not a career make. You want to talk about shutting the door look no further than the caps game last week shutting them out after two early goals.

I can’t be concerned with a rookie goalie playing 925 save percentage and a 2.27 gaa with great advanced stats.

My only concern with him is his health.

now as for the kids. They played great until they sat thru the second period. Quinn cannot continue to lose these kids for 10ins at a time and then be upset that they’re struggling when they get back out there.

kravtsov looked great smart responsible player who’s figured out that he can score a lot of goals from right in front and if not for a ridiculous save by a very good as usual ullmark he would have scored. He’s a much better fit on that line than Gauthier who also played really well on the fourth line which is where he should be honestly.

Blackwell is a nice story but I’d probably go Rooney Howden Gauthier going forward.

Mika just turns the lights off with Quinn. It was clear as day he was playing for knoblauch he just looks completely different under Quinn this year.

Would’ve gotten a like if not the nonsense in the last paragraph. I guess Mika would’ve been on the 80 or 100 goal pace per 82 last season if he weren’t “turning lights off” on Quinn. What a joke.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Would’ve gotten a like if not the nonsense in the last paragraph. I guess Mika would’ve been on the 80 or 100 goal pace per 82 last season if he weren’t “turning lights off” on Quinn. What a joke.

I don’t know how you watch every game and I know that you do and don’t clearly see a difference in his game his demeanor when knoblauch and drury where on the bench vs Quinn and Oliver. It’s very obvious.guys got 32 points like what half of them were in the two weeks without Quinn?

we aren’t activating like we were our pp looks stale again. I don’t care how the game plan being Quinn’s nhl coaching is about delivering the message. Everyone plays the same systems. It’s about how that message is delivered and by who.

this coach will be gone after this season ends and we’ll be much better for it

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Are you saying that Zib isn't trying under Quinn, but was for Knoblauch?

Didn't Zib have a season for the ages under Quinn last year? But now Zib dislikes him?

I definitely disagree, and if it were true, I would want Zibanejad to be traded.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I don’t know how you watch every game and I know that you do and don’t clearly see a difference in his game his demeanor when knoblauch and drury where on the bench vs Quinn and Oliver. It’s very obvious.guys got 32 points like what half of them were in the two weeks without Quinn?

we aren’t activating like we were our pp looks stale again. I don’t care how the game plan being Quinn’s nhl coaching is about delivering the message. Everyone plays the same systems. It’s about how that message is delivered and by who.

this coach will be gone after this season ends and we’ll be much better for it

And right back at you because I also know that you’re watching games but once you got the notion that Quinn is to blame for everything - your conclusions on many topics including this one became all twisted out of reality.

It’s not surprising that you can’t answer / explain why Zibanejad played so well under Quinn for TWO seasons prior to this one, at the level he NEVER played for another coach before. Quinn / Knoblauch have little to do with Zibanejad’s ups and downs this season, or at least FAR from a degree that Covid had.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I would kill for Shane Doan on this Rangers team.

A leader by example who would bring the grit and physical play and would own the respect of the locker room.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I would kill for Shane Doan on this Rangers team.

A leader by example who would bring the grit and physical play and would own the respect of the locker room.

Why stop at Doan? Why not say Messier or some other legendary captain with multiple rings?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Any grown man captain who wouldn't think twice spearing or choking someone for clowning it up is good in my book.

Reactions: Machinehead

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I knew this thread would be multiple pages of whining and sky is falling posts, lol. Some of you guys really need to take your meds. Buffalo, after that winless streak, has looked pretty decent in their last 4 games, 2-0-2. They seem to be more aggressive under Granato. They will give other teams some trouble the remainder of the season if they continue to play hard. The playoffs are a pipedream people and have been for awhile. Boston is not going to collapse and the Rangers aren't going 14-5 either. I thought Kravs looked pretty good so lets see what they have the rest of the year and then hope Quinn is not behind the bench next season.

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Kravtsov looked very good IMO... robbed on that open net, fall down shot.

Trouba was very good, maybe his best game as a NYR... just very physically dominant

Positives to take away (besides Fox & Bread racking up pts)?

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad