3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t think we can make the playoffs I think we blew any shot last weekend but things will get Interesting if the Bruins lose again Saturday and we win which we friggen better.

Even with the games in hand you gotta win them but it sets up the last two games for us of the year being against the Bruins. Those could basically be playoff games

Reactions: JC704

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Tell us what a coach of a team cares about, other than winning.

Winning a championship.

Which requires you develop your stars more than it requires sneaking into some wgas 8th playoff seed in a playoffs that will have no fans and limited intensity.

Reactions: Draft Guru

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
His usage of Georgiev when the dude couldn’t stop a beach ball (prior to Igor’s injury) would lead me to believe he really didn’t care too much about winning. Alex was a sieve and Quinn wouldn’t play Igor more than two games in a row.

You can disagree with what a coach does, but if you think he cares about anything but winning, you don't understand what an NHL coach is.

Also, management is okay with Quinn. You're not. You think management is run by idiots. That's okay to believe, but your stated belief defies logic.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
I think the point is that there is a balance and yet we are missing it.

Having Panarin, Strome, Zibanejad and Kreider here to shelter the kids - those four are making up the bulk of the top two lines - is a positive.

But getting Lafrieniere only 8 minutes, never giving the kids any PP1 time, and refusing to send them out in overtime is too far into the “win at all costs,” end of the spectrum.

This is a really well articulated post. With 10 games left, Quinn needs to let the kids loose and let the chips fall however they fall.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I mean I hate Quinn more, but Gorton is getting on my bad-side dying on this hill to keep this guy .
And you literally keep missing the goddamn point, there is not a single person here mad that they won this f***ing game. Find me the strawmen who are mad about that. People are rightfully pissed that Alexis Lafreniere, hopefuly one of like the three most important players on this team for the next decade plus, is being played 8 minuets on the ice.

Actually, a few posters were mad about this game, including you. You have an agenda and you're locked in on it, but you're still misdirecting your anger..

Reactions: aufheben

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Mason-Rudolph-Head-1024x717.jpg

Gave Blackwell a vote

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Then say what you mean - young players, star prospects, etc doesn't clearly mean forwards only.

Again, Kakko had more time than any other forward 5on5, and he led the team in high danger chances.

you’re here everyday I talk about the young forward prospects at nauseum stop

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Winning a championship.

Which requires you develop your stars more than it requires sneaking into some wgas 8th playoff seed in a playoffs that will have no fans and limited intensity.

Dead wrong.

Coaches who don't care about winning every game will not be around when the team eventually becomes good, if they become good.

Reactions: kovazub94

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Getting into the playoffs and playing even at least one round could help the kids' development ironically be more effective next year. They would experience playoff pace, playoff intensity, what it takes to have to go all out every single shift.

That is if they get any shifts. Which is kind of the problem. When you are in the playoffs the coach will say they have to win the playoff games, so they can't play the kids because they are defensive liabilities or something.

It's clear as day that Quinn does not prioritize giving the kids on ice development time. The PR slogan "Quinn is a good communicator" is slippery, it does not mean he sees his job to develop talent but it is easy to project whatever you want on to it.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Actually, a few posters were mad about this game, including you. You have an agenda and you're locked in on it, but you're still misdirecting your anger..
IM NOT MAD ABOUT THE WIN IM MAD ABOUT ALEXIS USAGE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR PEANUT BRAIN. Wrote in all capitals so maybe you can get it through your brain

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Dead wrong.

Coaches who don't care about winning every game will not be around when the team eventually becomes good, if they become good.

lol, now who doesn’t know what they are talking about?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You can disagree with what a coach does, but if you think he cares about anything but winning, you don't understand what an NHL coach is.

Also, management is okay with Quinn. You're not. You think management is run by idiots. That's okay to believe, but your stated belief defies logic.
I don’t think management is idiots and I’m not even a huge Quinn hater. I’m just annoyed by some of his decisions. There has to be a way to coach to win, which you’re right is what the coach should always be doing, and also putting your kids in positions to succeed. Lafreneire and his line deserved more 3rd period ice time especially after they scored the go ahead goal. Lafreneire should be getting time on PP2 at least. Igor should have been used as the clear starter from day one this year. There’s some things that he can be doing as the coach that he’s not that just seem like unforced errors that to me not only make us worse today but also do a disservice to the development of some of the kids (not all, some). It’s obviously not all on Quinn but he does some things that have to make even his biggest fans scratch their heads.

Reactions: CLW

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Dead wrong.

Quinn’s not going to be here when they’re good regardless of whether he’s winning right now or not hahah

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
IM NOT MAD ABOUT THE WIN IM MAD ABOUT ALEXIS USAGE GET THAT THROUGH YOUR PEANUT BRAIN. Wrote in all capitals so maybe you can get it through your brain

So, I think I get it now. It took me a while.

Lafrenniere plays more minutes and they lose is a preferred outcome to winning.

You still don't get that if management agreed with you, Quinn would be fired. You're mad at the wrong guy.

On the other hand, you've demonstrated great command of Capital letters.

Maybe if you use larger fonts, you can explain your reasoning even better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Everyone’s missing Quinn’s plan here

They make the playoffs (or are even in the playoffs chase late), he can pivot and say “this playoff chase has been great experience for our kids”

Regardless of how the kids are playing or if they’re contributing lol

You just know that’s coming down the pike
Yeah you’re definitely correct here.

Boston who is 8 games over .500 has 3 points and 3 games in hand on us.

The players should absolutely be treating it as a playoff race that were very much in and who knows with some luck and good play it could turn in to one, but as of now it seems much closer than it actually is. Granted Boston hasn’t looked great lately, Rask is injured, their depth is lacking. They have a bunch of games vs Buffalo left but if Buffalo can even split with them than would go a long way for our chances.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don’t think management is idiots and I’m not even a huge Quinn hater. I’m just annoyed by some of his decisions. There has to be a way to coach to win, which you’re right is what the coach should always be doing, and also putting your kids in positions to succeed. Lafreneire and his line deserved more 3rd period ice time especially after they scored the go ahead goal. Lafreneire should be getting time on PP2 at least. Igor should have been used as the clear starter from day one this year. There’s some things that he can be doing as the coach that he’s not that just seem like unforced errors that to me not only make us worse today but also do a disservice to the development of some of the kids (not all, some). It’s obviously not all on Quinn but he does some things that have to make even his biggest fans scratch their heads.

I'm not saying your opinions are wrong. I just think it's a waste of time to be furious with a coach that management is okay with.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don't think games like this have any negative impact on Kakko or Lafreniere, long term.

Chytil though, that may be a different story. D+4 season and looks ready to take a step. He was fantastic before his injury/Covid, and now he can't get ice time; and it isn't for a lack of production.

Chytil was clearly one of the better Rangers today. Hit the crossbar, scored. Yet Quinn shat on his production to play veterans simply because they are veterans... this is blatant hypocrisy. You can't say the young guys have to earn it, and then not reward them when they IN FACT have earned it.

Reactions: LeetchisGod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad