Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres -- 4/1/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Coaches care about winning, now. It determines their employment.

Management has to take the longterm view.

If a coach goes against management's outlook, they will also be terminated.

Therefore, management is okay with Quinn, today.

That's the way it works.

If someone is angry about individual player usage, their gripe is with management, even if they don't understand that.

Ok, then take everything I said about Quinn and apply it to JD and Gorton if it makes you feel better.

But I don’t think that’s entirely true. If management was always fine with what a coach was doing no coach would ever get fired. They get leeway to implement a lot of their own philosophies; management steps in when it goes too far off rails from their own vision. They don’t micromanage ice time decisions on a month to month basis.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Ok, then take everything I said about Quinn and apply it to JD and Gorton if it makes you feel better.

But I don’t think that’s entirely true. If management was always fine with what a coach was doing no coach would ever get fired. They get leeway to implement a lot of their own philosophies; management steps in when it goes too far off rails from their own vision. They don’t micromanage ice time decisions on a month to month basis.

Who said management was always fine with a coach?

I just said that as of today, management of the Rangers is not unhappy with Quinn because he is still here.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Who said management was always fine with a coach?

I just said that as of today, management of the Rangers is not unhappy with Quinn because he is still here.

I said myself that I’m not advocating Quinn gets fired so I’m not even sure what your point is.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Quinn really needs to shake up the KZB line... its doing nothing.

switch laff and Kreider. See if that works and it spreads out talent.

also will give kreider the kick in the ass he needs every 5 games. So he can start a tear again.

Shake up the lines. Fans get annoyed.

Leave the lines the same. Other fans get annoyed.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
And they did execute... on the one shift they got in the 3rd period.

Some here will jump through hoops and move goal posts to justify the stupidity of this Coach...

Including management.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
If he doesn’t change, your smugness may envelope the inner solar system. I’m demanding it for the good of humanity.

You think I'm powerful enough to take over the inner solar system?

I must be careful with this power.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is simple apologism for the administration. Larry Brooks addressed it just recently in an article as well re: the power play.

I’ll say again, I’m not calling for Quinn’s head, but he has some big problems with player usage right now and he has to fix it. End of story.

Quinn himself has even said he loses track of ice time for some young players and wants to get them more minutes. IMO, managing in game scenarios isn’t one of his strong suits. I hope he gets better at it, development wise, I would love to see Chytil have a bigger role and kakko get some time on the PP. I’m happy we haven’t had a too many men penalty in a while. But if he thinks we have a legit shot at catching Boston I expect him to ride his big guns early and often. Whatever he gets from the kids will be a bonus for him. Minus kakko, he’ll get his time with panarin as long as he keeps his legs moving if the points come or not

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Quinn himself has even said he loses track of ice time for some young players and wants to get them more minutes. IMO, managing in game scenarios isn’t one of his strong suits. I hope he gets better at it, development wise, I would love to see Chytil have a bigger role and kakko get some time on the PP. I’m happy we haven’t had a too many men penalty in a while. But if he thinks we have a legit shot at catching Boston I expect him to ride his big guns early and often. Whatever he gets from the kids will be a bonus for him. Minus kakko, he’ll get his time with panarin as long as he keeps his legs moving if the points come or not

Is there a development coach coacher we can get to help develop Quinn in that case?

Reactions: CLW

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I see this devolved into name calling. You feel better now?

So you don't agree me. Don't care of about the coache's judgement. And the prospects [time] being sacrificed in the hopes that the playoffs might happen, is a bad idea. Got it. Maybe next time try cutting those Prozac's in half.

No, I don't agree with you. For SEVERAL reasons I gave that you ignored completely, I DO question the coach's judgement. And the team itself indicated with "the letter" that acquiring and developing prospects would be a priority over making the playoffs (a position that they reaffirmed on several occasions, including the beginning of this season, when they said the progression, not necessarily the post season, was the goal for this year).

But rather than have an actual conversation about our differing views, you choose to ignore all of the actual information I posted because of the word "jackass"? You've been trolling the thread for at least a couple of pages, talking down to people, ignoring their actual arguments and acting as if yours is the only viewpoint that matters. Bear in mind as you look down your nose at me--YOU responded to one of my posts and opted to do so in an insulting tone. Here's a life tip--if you don't want to be called a pretentious jackass, don't act like one. Better yet, don't hit "reply" on someone's post when they weren't talking to you and you clearly have no interest in engaging with what they were saying. I cede the presumably pretentious last word to you, but I won't be seeing any more of your obnoxiousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->