Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Start Skapski from here on out... even when Henrik comes back.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Always watching the games after the fact because of my crazy schedule.

Nice to see Skapski get his first NHL win and nice to see the Rangers play a tight game in front of him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Missed the game, how did Miller and Hayes do? Saw Miller and Bogosian got 10 min misconducts...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Both of those Brassard passes were so delicious.

He is the reason we are in a position to win the division this late in the season. He creates scoring chances out of nothing. He has great vision, great hands. If only he could be a little more consistent... If he manages to do that, he is a no. 1 center on our team.

518NYRfan

Jul 10, 2010
I was at the game last night and although we got off to a rough start, it really wasn't ever in doubt. First off the P.A. Announcer reported the game as a sell out with over 19000 in attendance... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!! If there was 10,000 in the arena that's being generous. There were rows of empty seats throughout First Niagara center. On top of that, I'd say the crowd was a good 40% Rangers fans. Anyways on to the game.
Skapski looked nervous. No doubt about it... Idk if it made it on TV but after he let in the first goal Stepan skated over to him to reassure him that we had the game in the bag and to settle down.. Gave him a couple whacks on the pads and from there on out he shut the door. 6 shots in each of the first 2 periods had Skapski skating figure 8's trying to stay loose at every intermission.
Buffalo had no answer for Nash. He did whatever he wanted to all night... Guy was flying... If st Louis or kreider could hit the net it would have been 7-1... St Louis came out for warm ups and even without a goalie in had a hard time hitting the net from more than 15' out.
The brassard slap pass on nashers goal was a thing of beauty. Just pure perfection on that play... The glass fight was his highlight of the year. Oh.. And my last contribution would be to say its not smart driving from Albany to buffalo and back in the same day.. 1030 am leaving Albany. Arriving in buffalo at 330, eating, watching the game and returning to Albany after the game (with a pit stop) at 445Am.. Damn I'm beat.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I was at the game last night and although we got off to a rough start, it really wasn't ever in doubt. First off the P.A. Announcer reported the game as a sell out with over 19000 in attendance... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!! If there was 10,000 in the arena that's being generous. There were rows of empty seats throughout First Niagara center. On top of that, I'd say the crowd was a good 40% Rangers fans. Anyways on to the game.
Skapski looked nervous. No doubt about it... Idk if it made it on TV but after he let in the first goal Stepan skated over to him to reassure him that we had the game in the bag and to settle down.. Gave him a couple whacks on the pads and from there on out he shut the door. 6 shots in each of the first 2 periods had Skapski skating figure 8's trying to stay loose at every intermission.
Buffalo had no answer for Nash. He did whatever he wanted to all night... Guy was flying... If st Louis or kreider could hit the net it would have been 7-1... St Louis came out for warm ups and even without a goalie in had a hard time hitting the net from more than 15' out.
The brassard slap pass on nashers goal was a thing of beauty. Just pure perfection on that play... The glass fight was his highlight of the year. Oh.. And my last contribution would be to say its not smart driving from Albany to buffalo and back in the same day.. 1030 am leaving Albany. Arriving in buffalo at 330, eating, watching the game and returning to Albany after the game (with a pit stop) at 445Am.. Damn I'm beat.
Glad you made it home in one piece. And thank you for the post!

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

Awesome post. Thanks.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Hags continues to be one of the more intriguing players on the Rangers roster. There are four key factors that make him one of the more effective 3rd liners in the NHL, imo:

Determination/Desire
Anticipation/Hockey Sense
Skating, Skating, Skating.

He's just maybe average when it comes to shooting and passing, but he's getting better there. One of my favorite players. Hope we can hang onto him.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
He is the reason we are in a position to win the division this late in the season. He creates scoring chances out of nothing. He has great vision, great hands. If only he could be a little more consistent... If he manages to do that, he is a no. 1 center on our team.

Brass went from middle 6 tweener to bonafide 2C. I don't think he'll take the next step to be a full on 1C (his game isn't complete enough) but his step forward has been very big for the team, especially considering Stepan missed so much of the beginning of the season.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Arena was pretty damned full last night. Was there too. VERY Rangers geared crowd. But brass is such a treat to watch. He is a special player this year.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario

Was there too. Come on there was at least 14,000 or so there. Yeah there were empty seats but it wasn't even close to half the building.

A sell out goes buy tickets sold not bums in seats, it easily could have been sold out.

I'd agree with the 40% Rangers fans in the crowd though, Let's Go Rangers chants couldn't be silenced although feeble efforts were made.

Skapski looked nervous early but really settled down and made some big stops in the third. Sabres goalie Neuvirth really keep his team in the game though, both goalies had luck on their side on a few of those stops.

Overall thought goalies should have been 2 of the 3 stars.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...ptions-as-trade-deadline-approaches-1.9963271
Several teammates were trying to rattle rookie goaltender Mackenzie Skapski during interviews as the media encircled his locker after Friday's debut win. Tanner Glass suggested that he stand up rather than sit "to present himself" correctly. Skapski, wearing the Broadway Hat, didn't bite. Then J.T. Miller and Chris Kreider edged into the crowd, chomping on saucy chicken legs, trying unsuccessfully to make eye contact

:laugh: ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad