Jan 3, 2008
NY
How.

B-VqVT5IUAAHxST.jpg:large

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
y'all will love this

this stats site has us within 0.1% of Nashville as favorites to win the Cup 8^)

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

also behind only Nash and St Lou for Presidents Trophy,

the favorite for #1 seed in the East (31% NYR, 20% Habs, 18% Isles, 15% Tampa, 10% DRW

and for 1st in Metr Division 52% NYR > 32% for the Isles [ Wash 10%, Pitt 6%]

doesn't mean squat, but these guys aren't fans, just crunching numbers

It's a simulation that they run like a million times a day actually. It has nothing to do at all with odds. All this means is as everything stands now Nashville has won the cup the most times.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I am so happy how this game turned out. After the first goal was scored I thought well here we go, but at least it's out of the way and the team responded. Congrats to Skap!

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
I like what I saw from Skapski. Kid was composed in net like a regular NHL goalie. What I don't like about his game is the flopping.. it would be much more appropriate if he glided side to side. Other than that a real good game for his 1st. Hope to see him play another one before Lundqvist returns.

Just checked, he only let in that 1 goal on 25 shots, very nice. No goalie is stopping that one.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The Sabres are just a brutal team. They just try and trap and hang on by the skin of their teeth and just hope it doesn't get too bad.

I mean, at least during the dark years the Rangers teams were bad but exciting at times, at least entertaining to watch.

Not a fan of dumb ass Bogosian sucker punching Nash in front of the net. He won't let Nash's stick go and then he starts punching Nash? Wtf is that ****. It's not Rick's fault that he got traded to Buffalo.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Sabres are just a brutal team. They just try and trap and hang on by the skin of their teeth and just hope it doesn't get too bad.

I mean, at least during the dark years the Rangers teams were bad but exciting at times, at least entertaining to watch.

Not a fan of dumb ass Bogosian sucker punching Nash in front of the net. He won't let Nash's stick go and then he starts punching Nash? Wtf is that ****. It's not Rick's fault that he got traded to Buffalo.

If I was Nash, I probably would have whacked him with my stick (not in his face mind you). Good composure on Nash's part.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You people are insane if you think that Skapski is better than Talbot. We put him in a situation in which he couldn't possibly lose. He isn't close to ready and he probably shouldn't even be up here.

You can always give up goals to NHL teams. Plus, outplayed them or not, they were only within 2 goals of us. So yeah he could have lost. I'm impressed that he kept his composure after the goal 14 seconds in.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
It's a bit like with Lundqvist and Talbot before: the team tightens up in front of the backup - only now Talbot isn't the backup.

This or it was just because the Sabres are horrible. Yeah, probably the latter.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
It's a bit like with Lundqvist and Talbot before: the team tightens up in front of the backup - only now Talbot isn't the backup.

This or it was just because the Sabres are horrible. Yeah, probably the latter.
As a funny aside (i didn't see it posted, but haven't "proof read" the thread), Skapski is the first Rangers goalie to win his debut game since Cloutier in 1998 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad