Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
To be fair, PBs attack on him that Adam is talking about was childish aswell, was saying that Adam made up scout reports and stuff like that.

Yes, it goes both ways. But to openly "out" someone on Twitter is just ridiculous. If the feud happens on Twitter, sure. Go ahead. Tag away. I just think tweeting a screenshot of external sources is childish and Adam should know better.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Adam Herman was firing shots at HFBoards and actually called out Pavel Buchnevich (the poster) in particular

AVtn21j

That's not firing shots, that's being childish. He's probably reading this ...... grow up Adam.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You know, honestly, I'm not really bothered by it. PB was acting foolish, and he got called out on it. The fact that the comments occurred on different mediums doesn't really matter to me, as we all know Adam posts here. If you go running around saying people have no credibility, can't be taken seriously, fabricate sources, you're fair game. That one was here and one was Twitter doesn't matter. That's like suggesting something said by someone on TV can't be mocked on an internet news site or something.

Anyway I will agree that if Adam wants to take the next step into the "big time" then he should probably avoid that type of thing. Like Bobby Mac or LeBrun or Dreger, they're not gonna do that. Just ignore the dolts and do your thing.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
One of us calling out PR, or any other poster is one thing. Adam is a professional, he should know better.
Herman is anything but a professional. A professional has thick skin and doesn't get into twitter spats. And they especially don't screenshot a post in a random forum to gloat about two players who have never and will never make an ounce of difference in regards to the success of the big club.

Herman has ridiculously thin skin for someone trying to position themselves as a kind of informal beat writer/prospect evaluator for the team. You have to know you're going to get criticized by internet randos when you put your opinion out there.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Agree but would add that the Rangers probably also wanted an extra contract. Right now the Rangers have 35 signed contracts for next year with 11 RFAs. So maybe not all RFAs are qualified and we expect to see some trades but getting rid of the Ziborovskiy contract gives the Rangers a little more flexibility in terms of available contracts heading into the draft weekend.

No he was under contract still. We didn't have to make any decision. What I think happened is that the Rangers communicated to him that they didn't see him in their long term plans, that he may have another year in the ECHL ahead of him (or at least back and forth between there and the AHL) and they decided it would be best to just part ways. I also think this is pretty much how it went last year with Stromwall. The Rangers give the guys an opportunity to go back home or to somewhere else in Europe and make some money rather than toiling in the AHL.

An alternative is that Zborovskiy just asked out, and the Rangers didn't see much value in him and elected to let him walk. Either way, same general idea.

The Rangers always let the marginal prospects go if they so desire. I like that about the organization.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
We sent Kovacs to Hartford too early. He had his personal problems but he did well last year in Sweden. Maybe if we cut ties on good terms because he didn't want the pressure or he didn't want to be watched, he can come back some day and compete for a bottom 6 spot? Saarela was a good pick, Zborovskiy probably wasn't. But they're all third rounders. I don't understand the worst draft ever hyperbole.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We sent Kovacs to Hartford too early. He had his personal problems but he did well last year in Sweden. Maybe if we cut ties on good terms because he didn't want the pressure or he didn't want to be watched, he can come back some day and compete for a bottom 6 spot? Saarela was a good pick, Zborovskiy probably wasn't. But they're all third rounders. I don't understand the worst draft ever hyperbole.

For it to be a bad draft, you have to make bad selections. You make bad selections in the first round, not the third.

Reactions: Fvital92

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Can’t believe the Rangers cut ties with two Brady Skjei replacements in six months
Oh man, that's right. First Graves, then Zborovskiy. Gotta be pure devastation right there.
Herman is anything but a professional. A professional has thick skin and doesn't get into twitter spats. And they especially don't screenshot a post in a random forum to gloat about two players who have never and will never make an ounce of difference in regards to the success of the big club.

Herman has ridiculously thin skin for someone trying to position themselves as a kind of informal beat writer/prospect evaluator for the team. You have to know you're going to get criticized by internet randos when you put your opinion out there.
Hopefully it's a learning experience. I don't always agree with Herman's takes, but he presents a lot of information we don't get elsewhere, so I want him to stick around and succeed.
For it to be a bad draft, you have to make bad selections. You make bad selections in the first round, not the third.
Yeah the only way you're making truly bad selection in the third round is of you like go off the board entirely and take a guy that wasn't ranked by any service.

Reactions: egelband

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Hopefully it's a learning experience. I don't always agree with Herman's takes, but he presents a lot of information we don't get elsewhere, so I want him to stick around and succeed.

This isn't the first time he's done this. It's been going on for a couple years now, so I really doubt he's going to change anytime soon. He just can't seem to understand that criticism comes with the territory of the niche he's trying to carve out for himself.

And for the record, I think his articles are absolutely worth the read most of the time. There's very little in the way of in-depth statistical coverage and prospect coverage of the team. He just can't handle any negative feedback, and resorts to infantile twitter exchanges.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This isn't the first time he's done this. It's been going on for a couple years now, so I really doubt he's going to change anytime soon. He just can't seem to understand that criticism comes with the territory of the niche he's trying to carve out for himself.

And for the record, I think his articles are absolutely worth the read most of the time. There's very little in the way of in-depth statistical coverage and prospect coverage of the team. He just can't handle any negative feedback, and resorts to infantile twitter exchanges.
That may well be true. I don't have Twitter, so I don't see that other stuff. I only see what people link. Ah well.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Herman basically gloated himself into amateur blog territory inclusion.....he shoulda played this like a boss and make the peasants sweat. well if the shoe fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad