Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
12 minutes per game is good ice time for him.

Most 18 year old defensemen out of Sweden will be playing Allsvenskan, unless they're absolute studs. Lundkvist isn't an absolute stud but he's good enough to be a fixture in an SHL lineup.

You mean SuperElit. Allsvenskan is the 2nd level of pro-hockey and it's promotion/relegation rather than major/minor leagues, Players aren't "sent down" to Allsvenskan. Just to clarify. SHL players can only go to Allsvenskan is they are sold or loaned out

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You mean SuperElit. Allsvenskan is the 2nd level of pro-hockey and it's promotion/relegation rather than major/minor leagues, Players aren't "sent down" to Allsvenskan. Just to clarify. SHL players can only go to Allsvenskan is they are sold or loaned out
Yeah I just misspoke. I think my last post on the previous page should be an indicator that I get how it works.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is ridiculous. Lundkvist is scoring points at the 6th highest rate of any U19 defensemen in the SHL in last 25 years. If he had one more point he would be 3rd behind only Hedman and Dahlin. What exactly did you guys expect him to do?

Once people accepted the concept of an actual rebuild, expectations rose tremendously --- often too high.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Lundkvist started the season iffy so he was demoted from top 6 to 7th D-man, he's playing much better in the last few weeks and he's been in the top 6 ever since Själin went down. Will be interesting to see how he's matched once Själin is back (should be soon). Ithink Lundkvist plays 15+ min average in the second half of the season, he had a fantastic spring last season.

Reactions: egelband

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
This is ridiculous. Lundkvist is scoring points at the 6th highest rate of any U19 defensemen in the SHL in last 25 years. If he had one more point he would be 3rd behind only Hedman and Dahlin. What exactly did you guys expect him to do?
Just to play devil's advocate, Pionk has a bunch of points too, it does not make him a good dman. Lundkvist is still pretty raw and inconsistent in his own end. There is a lot for him to work on. He's definitely a great prospect and has a ton of potential, but these numbers do not tell the whole story.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just to play devil's advocate, Pionk has a bunch of points too, it does not make him a good dman. Lundkvist is still pretty raw and inconsistent in his own end. There is a lot for him to work on. He's definitely a great prospect and has a ton of potential, but these numbers do not tell the whole story.

True, but him playing every game so far in the SHL at the age of 18 does mean a lot

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
But you're saying it in such an incredibly negative way for no reason other then the fact you didn't like the pick on draft day.

Incredibly negative? I said his start has been up and down hasn’t been getting the mins it’s a weird one. All true.

I didn’t like the pick there were guys I liked better that’s not saying it in an incredibly negative way. I didn’t say I hate this kid he stinks. It’s just my feeling on it.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lundkvist started the season iffy so he was demoted from top 6 to 7th D-man, he's playing much better in the last few weeks and he's been in the top 6 ever since Själin went down. Will be interesting to see how he's matched once Själin is back (should be soon). Ithink Lundkvist plays 15+ min average in the second half of the season, he had a fantastic spring last season.

Is your first sentence any more negative than mine? It’s basically what I said. Up and down start to his year here.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Funny I say his start has been up and down. Almost everyone says in their way that he started poorly and is playing better but just had a rough one the other day did he not? Mins are low has been the 7th dman at times. Literally agreeing with the couple things I said but I’m a bullshitter. Lol

Not to mention I probably am more tied to Sweden than anyone on this board considering I literally have a ton of Swedish friends due to the company I work for (which is probably the most famous Swedish company in the world). But I have a few cry babies here calling me biased etc anytime I say boo about a Swedish player. So dumb. Now you can’t even say a guy has had a weird start. If you can only wave Pom poms for every prospect this board no longer becomes a relevant place to talk prospects.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Funny I say his start has been up and down. Almost everyone says in their way that he started poorly and is playing better but just had a rough one the other day did he not? Mins are low has been the 7th dman at times. Literally agreeing with the couple things I said but I’m a bull****ter. Lol

Not to mention I probably am more tied to Sweden than anyone on this board considering I literally have a ton of Swedish friends due to the company I work for (which is probably the most famous Swedish company in the world). But I have a few cry babies here calling me biased etc anytime I say boo about a Swedish player. So dumb. Now you can’t even say a guy has had a weird start. If you can only wave Pom poms for every prospect this board no longer becomes a relevant place to talk prospects.
Your affiliation with Ikea or Volvo does not validate your opinions on Swedish prospects over other people

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No it certainly doesn’t but neither does the weak ass you must hate Sweden comments I get anytime I say something about a Swedish player.

I got the I must hate Russia comments too when I called buchnevich a dog last year

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Speaking of Sjalins, has there been any updates on Calle's injury?

I was kind of hoping he was going to be an under-the-radar challenger for the WJC this year, but obviously that's extremely unlikely now.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And again let me remind you I said the kid has had a weird start. Which he has. I didn’t bash the kid I didn’t even say I don’t like the kid. This board just jumps to conclusions and gets so defensive over any questioning of one of our draft picks. Hardly looks objective whatsoever if you can’t even say that.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I feel a lot of posters still unable to apply context when looking at prospects’ stat lines. This discussion regarding Lundkvist is a prime example. We appropriately rave about how well Miller has done to start his college career. Meanwhile Lundkvist has been playing at a level significantly higher than NA college hockey - much closer to Kravtsov’s KHL.

#contextmatters

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I feel a lot of posters still unable to apply context when looking at prospects’ stat lines. This discussion regarding Lundkvist is a prime example. We appropriately rave about how well Miller has done to start his college career. Meanwhile Lundkvist has been playing at a level significantly higher than NA college hockey - much closer to Kravtsov’s KHL.

#contextmatters

#hottakesovercontextftw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad