Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My response to them would be --- DO WHAT YOU LOVE.

You're talking to a man whose home office has an autographed Mike Richter replica mask, nestled next to an extensive collection of Carl Barks stories, overlooking a Bob Ross figure that sits on a desk where I work.

Why?

Because those things provide a fun incentive for the work I do at said desk, which often isn't very fun, and because I enjoy those things.

We should all be so lucky as to find things that bring us enjoyment in this life.

I say rock on!

Thanks. That's exactly what I do. And honestly, I was a bit worried at first that people might not enjoy me sharing my stories but several people have already said otherwise haha. My desk at work is the same. It's basically a shrine of my hockey travels. I display the pucks of games I have attended:

1DiDbvf.jpg

And the back wall has the match-day programs, tickets, and some small banners as well.

7PgMLO2.jpg

At work my technicians love it. They ask me when my next trip is and where. It's what I love. I don't think @SnowblindNYR meant it in a bad way what he said. I actually understand and as you said: It isn't for everyone.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Thanks. That's exactly what I do. And honestly, I was a bit worried at first that people might not enjoy me sharing my stories but several people have already said otherwise haha. My desk at work is the same. It's basically a shrine of my hockey travels. I display the pucks of games I have attended:

1DiDbvf.jpg

And the back wall has the match-day programs, tickets, and some small banners as well.

7PgMLO2.jpg

At work my technicians love it. They ask me when my next trip is and where. It's what I love. I don't think @SnowblindNYR meant it in a bad way what he said. I actually understand and as you said: It isn't for everyone.

Oh no, to clarify, I didn’t think Snowblind meant it in a bad way at all either. My comments were basically in two categories. The first, an agreement that the lower leagues are not everyone’s idea of a good time, and the second that it’s important to pursue what you love.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

1DiDbvf.jpg

7PgMLO2.jpg

Maybe they just want you out of the office.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I love having all these RHD prospects/young players, but man, we could really use a guy with similar potential who's got just a little size to go with the skill...
Might just be me but Keane looks bigger than he's listed. Noticed it in TC as well as his preseason appearance. If he ends up 6'1, 200 he'll be plenty big to go with the size on the left side.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I love having all these RHD prospects/young players, but man, we could really use a guy with similar potential who's got just a little size to go with the skill...

I think that’s why those type of players tend to go very high — and every team wants them.

Strangely enough, Keane seems bigger to me than he’s listed. Every time I see him I feel like he’s at least a little taller than listed, though some players give that illusion.

Not that he’ll be a giant, but 6’1, 205 seems possible when he’s had some time.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Changing gears momentarily, is Riley Hughes underhyped because he's so green? For a rookie in Jr, B, he seems to be very impressive...

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Changing gears momentarily, is Riley Hughes underhyped because he's so green? For a rookie in Jr, B, he seems to be very impressive...

Nah, I'd say he's been getting an appropriate amount of hype.

PPG in the BCHL isn't anything we wouldn't of expected; especially while getting (I assume) most of his minutes with Newhook.

Honestly, and I know this is a little unfair, I was hoping that he would be putting up closer to 1.5PPG.

Assuming that he stayed on Newhook's wing.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Agreed, thing is it's really tough to evaluate Hughes this season unless he's doing something either crazy good or crazy bad, as of now he's right in the middle so i'm pretty much just waiting until next season with him. The combination of him playing in BCHL and him being on the same team (line) with Newhook makes it really hard to evaluate his season.

Reactions: eco's bones

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Budapest: 2 hours
Bratislava: 40 minutes
Hodonin: 90 minutes (Top-3 hockey trip ever for sure haha)
Prague: 3 hours
Brno: 1 hour
Pardubice: 2 hours
Zlin: 2 hours

Hockey heaven!

In Australia you can drive for 2 days and still be in the same province :laugh:
Central Europe seems amazing, Vienna, Prague and Budapest are probably all in my top-5 favourite cities. How long does it take you to get to a decent alpine resort?

As a northman, I'd get nervous about being so far away from the sea though. Donau, Elbe etc are not nearly enough to calm me down.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Hughes plays with Newhook. For comparison Newhook has like 35 points in the same amount of games and is younger. Hughes is playing about as expected. His performance is fine but not special.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Don'y know if he is as pugnacious.

He's a willing participant in the fisticuffs, he just doesn't do it on the regular. I know he took an instigator penalty for standing up for a teammate early on this season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Might just be me but Keane looks bigger than he's listed. Noticed it in TC as well as his preseason appearance. If he ends up 6'1, 200 he'll be plenty big to go with the size on the left side.

I think that’s why those type of players tend to go very high — and every team wants them.

Strangely enough, Keane seems bigger to me than he’s listed. Every time I see him I feel like he’s at least a little taller than listed, though some players give that illusion.

Not that he’ll be a giant, but 6’1, 205 seems possible when he’s had some time.

Same! It’s not just that he plays bigger, he does look bigger than he’s listed. I had to come back to double check his metrics after watching him play to confirm.

Reactions: E-Train

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Speaking of RHD with size, what do people think of Seider? He's injured right now, so that might hurt his draft stock, but I think he is currently projected to be a late 1st round pick. If we can pick up an extra 1st or two, maybe he's someone we look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad