Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Funny I say his start has been up and down. Almost everyone says in their way that he started poorly and is playing better but just had a rough one the other day did he not? Mins are low has been the 7th dman at times. Literally agreeing with the couple things I said but I’m a bull****ter. Lol

Not to mention I probably am more tied to Sweden than anyone on this board considering I literally have a ton of Swedish friends due to the company I work for (which is probably the most famous Swedish company in the world). But I have a few cry babies here calling me biased etc anytime I say boo about a Swedish player. So dumb. Now you can’t even say a guy has had a weird start. If you can only wave Pom poms for every prospect this board no longer becomes a relevant place to talk prospects.
You think you're more "tied to Sweden" than anyone here, when we have probably two-dozen regular posters on the board who are actually Swedish?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
You think you're more "tied to Sweden" than anyone here, when we have probably two-dozen regular posters on the board who are actually Swedish?

:laugh::laugh:

I couldn't be less interested in getting involved in this conversation, but I almost made this exact same post like a half hour ago. He's in a constant state of foot-in-mouth disease.

I don't even totally disagree with K27. Lundkvist wasn't an outright obvious pick in that spot, and I'm sure there was a percentage of well-informed guys here who were a little disappointed that we never took one of a number of other guys. But he's performed very well, and that should be enough for anybody that had doubts at the time.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
Just to play devil's advocate, Pionk has a bunch of points too, it does not make him a good dman. Lundkvist is still pretty raw and inconsistent in his own end. There is a lot for him to work on. He's definitely a great prospect and has a ton of potential, but these numbers do not tell the whole story.

For sure. Just referring to the ppg is definitely an oversimplification. I don't think it changes the overall point though that Lundkvist doing basically everything you could realistically expect an 18-year old non-lottery pick to do in that league.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

We do? 2 dozen? No wonder this board is so defensive when you say boo about a Swedish player.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Speaking of Sjalins, has there been any updates on Calle's injury?

I was kind of hoping he was going to be an under-the-radar challenger for the WJC this year, but obviously that's extremely unlikely now.

I saw somewhere that he's back on ice, but the projected timeline (around christmas) was still the same. Awful timing for both Själin and Ragnarsson with injuries this year, both were dark horses for WJC now neither will make it.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Tarmo Reunanen played 16:06 today and had 2 shot attempts. Lukko were rolling 7 D today pretty evenly.

Jacob Ragnarsson played just over 15 minutes for Almtuna.

Dominik Lakatos was on the top line for Zlin in his debut for them, unless i'm missing something he played 17:20 and had 3 SOG.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And again let me remind you I said the kid has had a weird start. Which he has. I didn’t bash the kid I didn’t even say I don’t like the kid. This board just jumps to conclusions and gets so defensive over any questioning of one of our draft picks. Hardly looks objective whatsoever if you can’t even say that.

Alright. Let me step in and add my 2 cents. K27, I don't think your opinion is wrong on Lundkvist, but it's a combination on your wording and your reputation. It's similar to nevesis defending Henrik Lundqvist. He might be right, but the reputation makes people skeptic about it. A similar thing is happening here, I think.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad