Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden

This explains his abscence lately after being on the top line for a few weeks. I wonder what happened, possible his paycheck bounced, happens quite a bit in KHL, not sure how strong Slovans economy is, it sure wasn't because he wasn't good for them atleast.

I wonder where he's going next, back to TPS would make sense but maybe NYR want him in Hartford?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

This explains his abscence lately after being on the top line for a few weeks. I wonder what happened, possible his paycheck bounced, happens quite a bit in KHL, not sure how strong Slovans economy is, it sure wasn't because he wasn't good for them atleast.

I wonder where he's going next, back to TPS would make sense but maybe NYR want him in Hartford?

Going back to SHL would be a kind of step back for Virta. Would he want to stay in KHL?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Would there be enough minutes for everyone in Hartford to share? Next thing we know it will be 10-12 minutes on a bottom line and everyone is up in arm on how a prospect is being mishandled.
While I generally would prefer to get younger players in situations where they get a lot of minutes, I don’t believe not getting a lot of minutes is what ruins prospects. Though I would have a problem if it’s a ridiculously low amount (less than 6 minutes) for an extended amount of time

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He’s getting the f*** away from AK

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
From what i hear it seems likely he ends up in SHL, plenty of teams here desperate for offense and Liiga unlikely for tax reasons, Swiss an option too but yeah, SHL makes sense. I'm sure Hartford happens if NYR really want it to but we're kinda log jammed as it is with Ronning scratched half the games or so.

Reactions: eco's bones

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Hartford happens if NYR really want it to but we're kinda log jammed as it is with Ronning scratched half the games or so.

too many minutes going to Holland + Butler + O'Donnell + Beleskey,
they should be rotating amongst each other, as vet depth behind Schneider

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
too many minutes going to Holland + Butler + O'Donnell + Beleskey,
they should be rotating amongst each other, as vet depth behind Schneider
Hartford's offense is pretty middle of the road. Holland and Butler are productive, I don't have a problem with them playing if it helps the team win.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Ouch, Rykov misplayed the puck during PK and Dynamo Minsk scores.

A 2 minutes into the 2nd period. Minks is up 2:1. All Goals during Dynamo PP (Sochi had a shorty).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Another execution mistake by Rykov at the end of Sochi PP, losing posession inside Dynomo zone but quickly recovered to prevent a potential breakaway.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Sochi is thoroughly dominating. A couple of good plays / reads from Rykov in the offensive zone, first went unmarked to the slot for a potential rebound recognizing a shot coming from a teammate, then he himself had a dangerous shot from between the circles.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Sochi couldn't figure out Enroth and lost 1:2 even though they were overwhelmingly dominant. Rykov was on the ice for Sochi with a minute to play and a goalie pulled for an extra skater.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, I just don't see a point in an all vet (top) line.

Spread the wealth, support prospects.
Agreed, I'd like to mix it up a bit.

However, if those two with Schneider is deemed absolutely essential to staying in games and being competitive, okay. I doubt that it is, but on principle, okay.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
That's a bit crazy with Virta, but I don't see this as a downgrade for him. Slovan is trash and although the reasoning is due to him "not being as prominent as hoped" from the article @cwede posted, the SHL is still a good league for him to develop.

All the best!!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's a bit crazy with Virta, but I don't see this as a downgrade for him. Slovan is trash and although the reasoning is due to him "not being as prominent as hoped" from the article @cwede posted, the SHL is still a good league for him to develop.

All the best!!

It's still a step up from Liiga

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
But the point is why not play Holland and Butler with a prospect. How does it help develop a prospect if you play 3 vets together?

Hartford's offense is pretty middle of the road. Holland and Butler are productive, I don't have a problem with them playing if it helps the team win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad