Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 12.14.18) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Barron was also really good against Michigan St last week too in you guys were wondering even though he only got the one assist.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Barron was also really good against Michigan St last week too in you guys were wondering even though he only got the one assist.
I wasn’t able to watch, so I’m glad to hear it. I’ve almost bought a ticket to go see Barron and Cornell at MSG on the 24th like 3 times, but I haven’t because it’s my friends birthday and they keep planning things and changing the day to before or after then moving it back

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Morgan Barron is solidly third best prospect for the Rangers from 2017. Given where he was taken he’s a great value. Just seeing how he’s been utilized as a sophomore is very indicative.

Just love this pick.
I think its him or Virta, but both are looking like good picks though.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think its him or Virta, but both are looking like good picks though.

I know there’s a lot of support for Virta and I appreciate his development progression since the draft but I question if it’s steep enough given his age. Also I think it will be harder for Virta to be a bottom 6er if the top6 is not in the picture. Barron, with his size, skating, energy and a pretty straight up style could easier find a role in bottom 6. I personally like Morgan’s potential for top6 more based on a couple of games I’ve watched but I might be in minority there.

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
I know there’s a lot of support for Virta and I appreciate his development progression since the draft but I question if it’s steep enough given his age. Also I think it will be harder for Virta to be a bottom 6er if the top6 is not in the picture. Barron, with his size, skating, energy and a pretty straight up style could easier find a role in bottom 6. I personally like Morgan’s potential for top6 more based on a couple of games I’ve watched but I might be in minority there.

As an avid Barron watcher, I think he has top-6 potential but I think his floor is pretty high. The thing I've been most impressed by through 4 games is that he is driving play on his line. He played with Cam Donaldson and Trevor Yates last year who both forced the issue quite a bit. Donaldson is now on a different line and Yates graduated so Barron has been carrying his line.

Also to the people I poo-pooed about him playing zero center last year, well I would say he's still technically a wing but has been taking more faceoffs this year. He's also like 3rd-string PK so he won't see a ton of time but will see some.

Reactions: kovazub94

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Morgan Barron is solidly third best prospect for the Rangers from 2017. Given where he was taken he’s a great value. Just seeing how he’s been utilized as a sophomore is very indicative.

Just love this pick.

Definitely putting himself in the conversation.

What I find particularly intriguing with him is that I think he has a shot to play a role as a pro, even if the offense doesn’t necessarily translate at a higher rate.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Definitely putting himself in the conversation.

What I find particularly intriguing with him is that I think he has a shot to play a role as a pro, even if the offense doesn’t necessarily translate at a higher rate.

Yup, he knows where to be and have means to get there. As it’s been said by one of his followers he has a very high floor.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Soooo nothing on Hajek? Couldn't really find much on him and I'm led to believe some of y'all have been watching the games lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Soooo nothing on Hajek? Couldn't really find much on him and I'm led to believe some of y'all have been watching the games lol
He looks pretty good, not great, but then nothing and no one on the Hartford D has looked great. I mean he looks like a rookie, he still makes some mistakes, particularly when puckhandling. He's pretty steady positionally and he's a solid, strong kid. He hasn't really gotten involved offensively yet, but he's still adjusting.

Reactions: Alluckks

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Hajek has been good, but not necessarily great.

I guess I thought he was further away than some and so I am not terribly surprised. I think he is still working on his read and reacts — there are times he’s focusing on the puck and not necessarily reacting the play.

He doesn’t quite look comfortable joining the play yet. However, that’s also been a Hartford trait over the last couple of seasons. The coaching staff has been more concerned with focusing on defense than letting the kids get creative offensively. It’s one of the reasons guys like Pionk and ADA didn’t necessarily leap of the page if someone were trying to guard their offense.

I think he continues to be work a progress, but that’s a lot of Hartford’s defense. You’re talking about a team that has, at various points, looked to rotate in 3 rookies and two other defenseman who hadn’t even played 70 professional games yet. It’s a very young defense.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden

Solid start to the season, a bit up and down defensively but he's always active offensively and he shoots the puck A LOT. I love his skating, very nice edgework.

Reactions: Alluckks

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

Just love this pick.

He's a non factor.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Just love this pick.
Morgan Barron is the most Toronto Maple Leafs name ever.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
saving 27/31 is quite far from the lowest of lows :P

Both Huska and Wall has had great starts to the season, hope they keep it up.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Has anyone been able to see Joey Keane play? I thought he looked pretty good in the preseason here....was wondering if any of you have some info on his play so far.

Thanks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad