Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Slovak players put out a statement yesterday basically begging for the government to do something to help the league, or else the league and their careers would face irreparable harm.

Vyhlásenie hokejistov Tipos extraligy

Relevant to Huska. The Slovak league sucks but that would be a shame for any of the teams to go under.

I still see no formal indication Hajek has officially joined Brno.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
thats great because I wouldn't ever consider trading Bratt for Chytil either, so

again, Bratt has twice as many points in only 40 more games

enjoy your guy and we'll enjoy ours

LOL!-- if stats watching at this point in their careers is all you're going by.

Let's look at these two guys just a little bit deeper. One of them is a 5-10/5-11 180 lb. winger on a team that doesn't have a whole lot of wing talent. I mean you have Palmieri and you had Hall (when he wasn't hurt) and Coleman (who's in Tampa now). Bratt's a good player--I don't want to take anything away from him but if you've a very good team 5 years from now (and we'll have to wait and see if that happens) he's kind of someone you'd want as a 3rd line wing. He's more like a bit more offensive version of our Jesper---not a whole lot more though. The other is a bit younger 6-2 215 lb. man-child of a center. Center more important than wing, size matters as well, younger matters in this case too as only a couple years ago Chytil was a late 17 year old playing in the AHL. Skillset matters and Chytil wins that easily--he is a big kid who hasn't figured out how strong he is yet but he skates with speed and grace and lo and behold in the play in he's out there killing penalties because he's been getting his game together. His career arc in fact is pretty much identical to Mika Zibanejad's by phsyical size and strength, by skating, by age and by stats. So you keep your Swiss Army knife of a player---he's going to be good and we'll be more than happy to keep Chytil who has a very much higher upside.

......and back to the stat watching if the Rangers move Strome Filip is the most logical guy to replace him on Panarin's line. If that happens Filip's numbers are going to double if not triple. So good luck to your team (but not too much). We'll see you in the future.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
RFA at year's end, I wager he signs a contract to stay in Russia (or stays to play under his existing contract--not sure how long he's signed with CSKA).

CSKA could only sign him for 1 year due to him being under contract in the NHL. But they own his rights after they traded for him so he will be RFA in both the NHL and KHL.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Take Ty Smith. He is nothing compared to Lundkvist as a prospect but they keep ranking him higher which is laughable. After watching him some there was nothing in his game that would wow you.

How many games have you actually watched Ty Smith play? He has tore up the WHL for the past 3 seasons and helped Canada win gold at WJC.

Smith has got better every year and one of the few Devils prospects you absolutely can't shit on. Just look at his awards and achievements.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
How many games have you actually watched Ty Smith play? He has tore up the WHL for the past 3 seasons and helped Canada win gold at WJC.

Smith has got better every year and one of the few Devils prospects you absolutely can't shit on. Just look at his awards and achievements.

Don't know why we're talking about Devils players so much on our board today but yeah Ty Smith has very high upside. He's an excellent prospect.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Take Ty Smith. He is nothing compared to Lundkvist as a prospect but they keep ranking him higher which is laughable. After watching him some there was nothing in his game that would wow you. McLeod is a bust. Boqvist probably is also. So basically you have Hughes, Hischier and maybe Smith turns out to be a lower pairing defenseman who plays the PP. That isn't worth 2nd overall or even top 5. IMO. I'd much rather have what Colorado has with Makar, their top 2 picks from last year.

Now maybe if the Devils with 3 first round picks this year can actually show they can draft and develop prospects, they should be ranked higher. Not now.

I have to disagree on Ty Smith. Not sure I'd rank him ahead of Lundkvist but he's one of the better prospects in the 2018 draft.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I have to disagree on Ty Smith. Not sure I'd rank him ahead of Lundkvist but he's one of the better prospects in the 2018 draft.

I believed then, and I believe now, Ty Smith is one of the more underrated prospects in hockey.

The kid is damn talented and has posted 201 points in his last 172 games.

I would struggle to rank him ahead of Lundkvist at this point, but he's definitely a top prospect.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I believed then, and I believe now, Ty Smith is one of the more underrated prospects in hockey.

I would struggle to rank him ahead of Lundkvist at this point, but he's definitely a top prospect.

And this concluded the Devils' segment of our programming. Back to the important discussion pertaining to the RANGERS prospects.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov is back in action right now in Traktor's second game on this road trip against Spartak Moscow coached by Znarok (Panarin's soon-to-be father-in-law).

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Reunanen is the one that is different than the others since he has not played since March and will not be getting time in until camps actually open.

Reunanen is just a guy.

Was 4th in scoring amongst D for Lukko, they didn’t have a spot on the roster for him this year. It should’ve been his breakout year and he regressed. 2nd-3rd pair in Liiga makes you an ECHL candidate.

He spent extended time in Hartford camp to see if he was useful to them at all, couldn’t even beat out the immortal Sean Day.

Why anybody at this point thinks he’s anything more than a poor man’s John Gilmour is beyond me.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reunanen is just a guy.

Was 4th in scoring amongst D for Lukko, they didn’t have a spot on the roster for him this year. It should’ve been his breakout year and he regressed. 2nd-3rd pair in Liiga makes you an ECHL candidate.

He spent extended time in Hartford camp to see if he was useful to them at all, couldn’t even beat out the immortal Sean Day.

Why anybody at this point thinks he’s anything more than a poor man’s John Gilmour is beyond me.

This is incorrect. Reunanen had a clause for year 1 of his ELC and the expectation for him was always to go back to Lukko if he failed to make the team. That was no secret.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I don't think it's a huge leap. The guys that are going to play in European leagues are going to have 20-30 games under their belts by the time the NHL/AHL seasons start. The chances of them turning around and playing a full, compressed NHL schedule (whatever that looks like) when they already have played a substantial amount of games, is slim.

Except for occasionally in the Czech league, teams play twice a week with 4 days off; that schedule is not going to break them when coming back to N. America.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is incorrect. Reunanen had a clause for year 1 of his ELC and the expectation for him was always to go back to Lukko if he failed to make the team. That was no secret.
Right, the surprise was that he was assigned to Hartford's camp. The expectation was that he'd go straight back once he was cut from Rangers camp, but the Rangers wanted to keep him around a little longer.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

The WHL (and US division in particular) has been unimpressive for some time. Mostly a demographic thing; player pool has been shrinking for some time.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
The Slovak players put out a statement yesterday basically begging for the government to do something to help the league, or else the league and their careers would face irreparable harm.

Vyhlásenie hokejistov Tipos extraligy

Relevant to Huska. The Slovak league sucks but that would be a shame for any of the teams to go under.

I still see no formal indication Hajek has officially joined Brno.

Looks like Hajek wasn’t actually loaned :huh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Looks like Hajek wasn’t actually loaned :huh:

Yeah I thought about tweeting at Vince last night since there was still no official announcement or confirmation, but his last note on it was 6 days ago so I said f*** it. It looked to me like he never actually finalized a loan. I guess this confirms it.

The report everyone ran with was the coach or GM of Brno saying they were working on insurance issues with the Rangers to try to get him over.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

The ghost of Olof Lindblom played today and stats alone looked like a solid performance. Hopefully he can remain healthy and play more games this season.
Lindbom emerging from the woodwork would be a nice cherry on top of an amazing run of player acquisition and development.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It would make me laugh at everyone who was so angry about the pick, including myself.
I don't know why you'd laugh. The criticism was for picking a goalie in that spot when that wasn't a pressing need and could be filled other ways. I mean even if he becomes a decent goaltending prospect for us, I still don't feel that justifies the pick when you had Drury, Wilde, Groulx, Hallander, and a few others falling into your laps.

As far as I'm concerned he could become a starting goalie in the NHL and it would still be a stupid pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad