Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so I think this is the first NCAA prospect I've seen that announced they will be playing somewhere else this year (BCHL)

obviously our most important prospect in this situation is zac jones but kjellberg, ciccolini and hughes are in a similar situation.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
so I think this is the first NCAA prospect I've seen that announced they will be playing somewhere else this year (BCHL)

obviously our most important prospect in this situation is zac jones but kjellberg, ciccolini and hughes are in a similar situation.

Only the Ivies have made strong statements about restart,
thats why you steps like these, Drury signing overseas,
Green from Cornell signing w TBL

But agreed, yes, also first i have seen, of college kid preserving NCAA status by playing (nonMajor) Junior

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah that's smart, going Junior A so he can go back to college.

College Hockey said the other day the earliest anything would start is November 20.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I mean, he lists Filip Chytil third for the Rangers....4th for NJ is Jesper Bratt who is a better player than Chytil

Nolan Foote was a 1st round pick a year ago and he is 5th for NJ.

I'm not sure where you're going here. I mean I'd take Matt Robertson and K'andre Miller over Bahl. Other than being closer to nhl ready (and even that is in question if K'andre is as good/close as the rangers brass seemed to come away from camp thinking) bahl appears to be a solid but unremarkable 2nd pair dman. Now my thinking that doesn't mean i'm right...much the same as your thoughts don't mean you're right. I'd take Morgan Barron over Foote without hesitation -- thats certainly counter to the consensus evaluation of the two, I just happen to be particularly high on Barron - and that opinion amounts to exactly nothing...maybe i'll be proven right, maybe wrong - but because i thiuk it should i expect you to just accept it? Point being...what is yours because it appears thats your mindset? which if true, would be a highly impressively inflated value of your own opinions. Did you expect to come here and have us read Foote was a 1st round pick and agree pronman stuffed up and your pool is obviously better? Conversation is one thing but definitive statements like that or Bratt clearly being better than Chytil go absolutely nowhere. i don't think we need to walk through the amount of first round picks that never amount to anything. lias andersson was a 7th overall pick...does that mean he should be far more valued and therefore on par with anyone in your top 3-5 prospects? And on bratt...i'm not sure how you can say with a straight face he hasn't regressed. Y2 stats did improve, but there was regression this year and to me, of what i've seen of the devils, he became visibly less noticeable. Sure the pile of poo around him didn't help, but bottom line to say its unquestionable he's more valuable is beyond stupid. Chytil is a center, has a very legit toolbox and turned 21 like a week ago. I think you'd find a lot of people that would take Chytil and his upside, given he at 21, has already displayed a floor of at least a very good skating 3c with size. meanwhile smallish 35-55 pt middle 6 wingers that can pk are like the overstock.com of the free agent market. sure he may be turn into more than that, there's upside, i certainly would want to have him in our system...but thats the track he looks like he's on. certainly value there and time will answer all of these questions...but you're outta your tree if you think its unquestionable bratt > chytil

Reactions: egelband

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
And Bratt just turned 22 a few weeks ago and has three (3) seasons better than Chytils best season.

You aren't gonna change your mind that's fine. Have a tremendous day.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm not sure where you're going here. I mean I'd take Matt Robertson and K'andre Miller over Bahl. Other than being closer to nhl ready (and even that is in question if K'andre is as good/close as the rangers brass seemed to come away from camp thinking) bahl appears to be a solid but unremarkable 2nd pair dman. Now my thinking that doesn't mean i'm right...much the same as your thoughts don't mean you're right. I'd take Morgan Barron over Foote without hesitation -- thats certainly counter to the consensus evaluation of the two, I just happen to be particularly high on Barron - and that opinion amounts to exactly nothing...maybe i'll be proven right, maybe wrong - but because i thiuk it should i expect you to just accept it? Point being...what is yours because it appears thats your mindset? which if true, would be a highly impressively inflated value of your own opinions. Did you expect to come here and have us read Foote was a 1st round pick and agree pronman stuffed up and your pool is obviously better? Conversation is one thing but definitive statements like that or Bratt clearly being better than Chytil go absolutely nowhere. i don't think we need to walk through the amount of first round picks that never amount to anything. lias andersson was a 7th overall pick...does that mean he should be far more valued and therefore on par with anyone in your top 3-5 prospects? And on bratt...i'm not sure how you can say with a straight face he hasn't regressed. Y2 stats did improve, but there was regression this year and to me, of what i've seen of the devils, he became visibly less noticeable. Sure the pile of poo around him didn't help, but bottom line to say its unquestionable he's more valuable is beyond stupid. Chytil is a center, has a very legit toolbox and turned 21 like a week ago. I think you'd find a lot of people that would take Chytil and his upside, given he at 21, has already displayed a floor of at least a very good skating 3c with size. meanwhile smallish 35-55 pt middle 6 wingers that can pk are like the overstock.com of the free agent market. sure he may be turn into more than that, there's upside, i certainly would want to have him in our system...but thats the track he looks like he's on. certainly value there and time will answer all of these questions...but you're outta your tree if you think its unquestionable bratt > chytil

Also Nils>Smith.

Foote doesn't crack our top 5 prospects, let alone top 5 under 22. Most teams have a similar player in their system. If hes your #2 prospect, your system isn't that good.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
And Bratt just turned 22 a few weeks ago and has three (3) seasons better than Chytils best season.

You aren't gonna change your mind that's fine. Have a tremendous day.
I like Bratt and I might take him over Chytil. But I don’t think that gives the Devils a better talent pool. The Rangers have a number of guys who’ll probably move past both those guys pretty soon. I think it’s just a matter of depth with that ranking.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It doesn't look like the Hajek move has officially gone through yet. He's not listed on any rosters as of this moment. I assume it will, but the original report said the team was negotiating with the Rangers over insurance, and I don't think there was any subsequent confirmation beyond that.

Reactions: egelband

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Rykov 0+2 through 6 games with a +2 rating. I haven't caught any games.

My hope is that a full season of (hopefully healthy) hockey in the KHL will get him back on track. I think there's just a lack of clarity regarding his contract situation.

I could also see his teammate (goalie Skotnikov) being a late round goalie gamble.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rykov 0+2 through 6 games with a +2 rating. I haven't caught any games.

My hope is that a full season of (hopefully healthy) hockey in the KHL will get him back on track. I think there's just a lack of clarity regarding his contract situation.

I could also see his teammate (goalie Skotnikov) being a late round goalie gamble.
RFA at year's end, I wager he signs a contract to stay in Russia (or stays to play under his existing contract--not sure how long he's signed with CSKA).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sorry Bratt's not better than Chytil. There's no way in hell that I'd even think of moving Chytil for two of Bratt.

thats great because I wouldn't ever consider trading Bratt for Chytil either, so

again, Bratt has twice as many points in only 40 more games

enjoy your guy and we'll enjoy ours

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
RFA at year's end, I wager he signs a contract to stay in Russia (or stays to play under his existing contract--not sure how long he's signed with CSKA).

Yeah, I haven't seen anything about the length of his contract with CSKA. I think how he does this year will just make the difference between if he's tendered an offer or released. It may just be in the best interests of the Rangers to move on, too, if the contract slots will come into play.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Bratt (2158 total TOI) most common linemates over past 3 seasons:
Hischier
Zacha
Hall
Palmieri

Chytil (1788):
Kreider
Buchnevich
Kakko
Fast

Should also be mentioned that Bratt shot like 17% 5v5 last year at ES.

He isn't repeating that.

Hes a good player and a great find for where he was picked. I doubt he becomes much more than he is where as we haven't seen the best of Chytil yet.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, I haven't seen anything about the length of his contract with CSKA. I think how he does this year will just make the difference between if he's tendered an offer or released. It may just be in the best interests of the Rangers to move on, too, if the contract slots will come into play.
I believe if we qualified him but he didn't sign the offer and instead stayed in Russia, he'd just be moved to our reserve list as a defected player and wouldn't count against the 50-contract limit.

Reactions: Charlie Conway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad