Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rangers get the top ranking

but when you read the devils write up I still have no idea how they’re number 2. I mean it’s really thin

Not sure how you come to that conclusion tbh

Hughes has elite potential
Hischier is already a very good NHL center
Bratt is already a very good NHL winger

etc
etc

these rankings are meaningless in the end, but glad to see that we may have a renewed rivalry with all these young guys coming up for both teams

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not sure how you come to that conclusion tbh

Hughes has elite potential
Hischier is already a very good NHL center
Bratt is already a very good NHL winger

etc
etc

these rankings are meaningless in the end, but glad to see that we may have a renewed rivalry with all these young guys coming up for both teams

see how you went 3 players before getting to etc etc etc? That’s basically my point.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
see how you went 3 players before getting to etc etc etc? That’s basically my point.
I mean, he lists Filip Chytil third for the Rangers....4th for NJ is Jesper Bratt who is a better player than Chytil

Nolan Foote was a 1st round pick a year ago and he is 5th for NJ.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
etc...the universal phrase for 'i don't have anymore examples but want the list to seem longer'

You are right, we should just take Pronman's credentials away because he doesn't agree with how he ranks your rivals prospects

Come on now. The Devils and Rangers both have a nice stable of young players with more to come next month since they both have multiple firsts. Cant' we just leave it at that?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean, he lists Filip Chytil third for the Rangers....4th for NJ is Jesper Bratt who is a better player than Chytil

Nolan Foote was a 1st round pick a year ago and he is 5th for NJ.

nolan Foote can’t even score in juniors and he also can’t skate. Maybe he’s a bottom 6 guy if you’re lucky

bratt is not a better player than Chytil that’s just silly. Also almost 2 years older while Chytil is playing center. Bratt had a great rookie season and hasn’t shown much if any growth since. Can he jump to a 20 goal 50 pt wing? I don’t know. But that appears to be his upside

Reactions: bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I didn’t take pronmans credentials away I just don’t agree with him on putting NJ second. I think I’d have them 8 or 9 at best when factoring in the 22and under part.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
nolan Foote can’t even score in juniors and he also can’t skate. Maybe he’s a bottom 6 guy if you’re lucky

bratt is not a better player than Chytil that’s just silly. Also almost 2 years older while Chytil is playing center. Bratt had a great rookie season and hasn’t shown much if any growth since. Can he jump to a 20 goal 50 pt wing? I don’t know. But that appears to be his upside

dude, what? Bratt just turned 22 and Chytil just turned 21. they are a year apart.

Bratt's ppg as a rookie was 0.47 and he has posted better ppg numbers each of the past 2 years. How can you say he hasn't shown growth? Come on. He has double the production of Chytil in only 41 more games played.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pronman is hilarious.

Kevin Bahl has a 45 grade skating according to him, which is a below average grade.

In his write up: Skates well for his size!

Yes I get it, a guy who is 6'7" doesnt need to skate as well as someone who is 5'11" to be effective, but If hes a below average skater, he's a below average skater. You write that with the caveat that he's so long that he can recover if beat due to that reach.

But regardless, the Devils don't belong in the top 2 under his criteria. If this were a strict farm ranking, they'd be around 15-ish.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Pronman is hilarious.

Kevin Bahl has a 45 grade skating according to him, which is a below average grade.

In his write up: Skates well for his size!

Yes I get it, a guy who is 6'7" doesnt need to skate as well as someone who is 5'11" to be effective, but If hes a below average skater, he's a below average skater. You write that with the caveat that he's so long that he can recover if beat due to that reach.

But regardless, the Devils don't belong in the top 2 under his criteria. If this were a strict farm ranking, they'd be around 15-ish.

skates 'well for his size' is the nice way of saying doesn't skate well. if he skated well the disclaimer wouldn't be needed.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
dude, what? Bratt just turned 22 and Chytil just turned 21. they are a year apart.

Bratt's ppg as a rookie was 0.47 and he has posted better ppg numbers each of the past 2 years. How can you say he hasn't shown growth? Come on. He has double the production of Chytil in only 41 more games played.

you’re right he’s a year older

he put up 31 pts in 52 games His sophomore year and 32 points in 60 Games this year. Your math is off my friend. That isn’t growth. Can he jump to 50 pts? We’ll see

Chytil I mean he’s a horse in the middle he’s shown he can score he’s only getting better. His analytics are outstanding. Let’s look at his numbers at 21 years old and we can revisit. It’s not close.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
skates 'well for his size' is the nice way of saying doesn't skate well. if he skated well the disclaimer wouldn't be needed.
Yeah, seriously. I feel like about ten years ago most people realized that "skates well for his size" just meant "he sucks at skating, but he's big, so..." It's a throwback, I think, to a time when there wasn't such an emphasis on skating. Now there is, and any type of qualifier like "for his size" is no good.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
you’re right he’s a year older

he put up 31 pts in 52 games His sophomore year and 32 points in 60 Games this year. Your math is off my friend. That isn’t growth. Can he jump to 50 pts? We’ll see

Chytil I mean he’s a horse in the middle he’s shown he can score he’s only getting better. His analytics are outstanding. Let’s look at his numbers at 21 years old and we can revisit. It’s not close.

my math is not off.

Bratt as a rookie posted 35 points in 74 games (0.47 ppg)

Bratt in his 2nd year posted 33 points in 51 games (0.65 ppg)

Bratt in his 3rd year posted 32 points in 60 games (0.53 ppg)

So he had better ppg in year 2 and year 3 than he did in year 1. Which is what I said.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I disagree with his evaluation on the player all together which is fine, but those types of contradictions are some of the things I can't stand about Pronman. By mentioning that he skates well for his size, it almost seems like hes trying to justify his ranking of the player. I could be wrong on that, but you don't give someone a below average grade in an area and then follow it up with that.

It reminds me of his write up on Hughes last year. He wrote about how he didn't see an issue of him taking big hits and then proceeded to link a half dozen or so gifs of him getting blown the f*** up from the 18-19 season. Six times is A LOT in one year, especially for a top guy.

Reactions: Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
my math is not off.

Bratt as a rookie posted 35 points in 74 games (0.47 ppg)

Bratt in his 2nd year posted 33 points in 51 games (0.65 ppg)

Bratt in his 3rd year posted 32 points in 60 games (0.53 ppg)

So he had better ppg in year 2 and year 3 than he did in year 1. Which is what I said.

So he went backwards last year Vs year 2 correct? That’s the opposite of growth. As I said he hasn’t shown much growth from his rookie year.

on another note if you came on a NYR message board to look for compliments of NJ devils prospects you probably missed the exit on the turnpike

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So he went backwards last year Vs year 2 correct? That’s the opposite of growth. As I said he hasn’t shown much growth from his rookie year.

on another note if you came on a NYR message board to look for compliments of NJ devils prospects you probably missed the exit on the turnpike

sounds like someone hasn't watched the kid play much.

Go to the main board and make a poll on which player people would rather have.

anyways, didn't need "compliments", was just trying to get the facts straight is all. Cheers.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Yah I’m going to go to the main board fishing for compliments for a New York Ranger lol. Ok

the minute the lottery ball landed with our logo on it Lafreniere went from generational talent to maybe not even being as good as Hughes

I seen that Hughes vs. Laf thread got bumped, and I was like, "Oh, this is going to be a one-sided conversation now."

But no, it is somehow close between Hughes and Lafreniere now. Does that mean that it is also close between Kakko and Lafreniere, because Hughes vs. Kakko was so heated?

If Laf broke his foot tomorrow in a freak accident, I would still easily take his long term potential over Hughes. Easily.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yah I’m going to go to the main board fishing for compliments for a New York Ranger lol. Ok

the minute the lottery ball landed with our logo on it Lafreniere went from generational talent to maybe not even being as good as Hughes

sub in the name Hughes for Lafreniere and then sub in literally any bust for the name Hughes in your post and you have what we Devils fans have been dealing with for the past year plus, so yeah

Reactions: egelband

MikeyFlynn

May 29, 2019
bratt is not a better player than Chytil that’s just silly. Also almost 2 years older while Chytil is playing center.

Hmmm. So since when is 13 months equivalent to "almost 2 years"?

In my brain, 13 months is about equivalent to 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia