Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.24.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
"Below is a season review and update on most of those aforementioned prospects, who have either not played an an official hockey game at any level for 11 months, played in Europe, or are currently on an NHL rosters. Each of the league’s four divisions from last season’s format will be covered."

Not really sure what the point of this piece is from Kornandonions. :huh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This dated Feb 1, sorry if all ready been shared, will also share at 'Pack thread
AHL: Prospect Analysis (Atlantic Division) - The Draft Analyst

EDIT wow surprisingly limited, highlights guys overseas and overlooks Reunanen and the 3 NCAA UDFAs

Rykov, Kravtsov, Shestyorkin and Hajek aren't on the team. Weird to see them there

"Below is a season review and update on most of those aforementioned prospects, who have either not played an an official hockey game at any level for 11 months, played in Europe, or are currently on an NHL rosters. Each of the league’s four divisions from last season’s format will be covered."
Not really sure what the point of this piece is from Kornandonions. :huh:

yeah, they replied to me on Twitter,
"It covered guys in the AHL last season. None of those guys saw significant time in the league a year ago."

the 'aforementioned' was key to their meaning, but opening paragraphs IMHO written a bit obtusely

Reactions: nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
yeah, they replied to me on Twitter,
"It covered guys in the AHL last season. None of those guys saw significant time in the league a year ago."

the 'aforementioned' was key to their meaning, but opening paragraphs IMHO written a bit obtusely

But he talks about Braden Schneider in the same piece.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and cwede

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Now that the AHL season is a go, training camps have begun in preparation for next week’s opener, meaning dozens of notable NHL prospects can converge on their team’s respective camp locations to allow the parent club visibility and oversight on their development.

Below is a season review and update on most of those aforementioned prospects, who have either not played an official hockey game at any level for 11 months, played in Europe, or are currently on an NHL rosters. Each of the league’s four divisions from last season’s format will be covered.

“Notable” then “Most” spell it out — not everyone in the organization was getting profiled. It also says that some profiled are on NHL rosters which implies they either graduated from the AHL or could wind up back at some point.

The Player to Watch was an added bonus to highlight a newcomer or notable prospect who wasn’t mentioned in the other portion.

But I’ll tell Jon his bad for profiling 200 AHL prospects instead of 600.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
“Notable” then “Most” spell it out — not everyone in the organization was getting profiled. It also says that some profiled are on NHL rosters which implies they either graduated from the AHL or could wind up back at some point.

The Player to Watch was an added bonus to highlight a newcomer or notable prospect who wasn’t mentioned in the other portion.

But I’ll tell Jon his bad for profiling 200 AHL prospects instead of 600.
Thanks for passing the message along!

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Thanks for passing the message along!

You realize this makes you sound like a big turd. You're literally complaining about a free blog post that one of my writers busted his ass on. And I didn't even come on here to promote it. I didn't give him any guidance and he banged out an incredibly extensive series.

Here's an idea -- why don't you set the standard and make a better product? Do a full AHL report on every prospect -- all 31 teams. Then maybe Jon and I can get pointers on what we should be providing to fans rather than this insignificant 200-summary roll-up of NHL prospects that took weeks to compile.

Then again, blabbering away on this message board for 16 years seems like the extent of your contributions to the hockey world.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You realize this makes you sound like a big turd. You're literally complaining about a free blog post that one of my writers busted his ass on. And I didn't even come on here to promote it. I didn't give him any guidance and he banged out an incredibly extensive series.

Here's an idea -- why don't you set the standard and make a better product? Do a full AHL report on every prospect -- all 31 teams. Then maybe Jon and I can get pointers on what we should be providing to fans rather than this insignificant 200-summary roll-up of NHL prospects that took weeks to compile.

Then again, blabbering away on this message board for 16 years seems like the extent of your contributions to the hockey world.

Circling the wagons is the expected, perhaps mandated, online response.
Defending your colleague is admirable.
But also, hopefully, behind the curtain, your editorial team is considering this as perhaps valid constructive criticism
The body of the article doesn't meet the promise of the headline. Clearly setting the scope would have avoided that dissonance.
Btw, I am a customer and a fan of your brand.

Reactions: Tawnos

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yep, you've got me down. No response needed from me. Back to being a turd. :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
XSTB9W8.gif

Reactions: nyr2k2

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
In other news, Pajuniemi scored AGAIN.

38 goals since the start of the 2019-20 season now (most in the league) despite missing 17 games due to injury

have you watched him play to comment on the development of his overall game? the offense is great to see. but i'm curious how his overall play has been.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Aaltonen didn't play today, again. Not sure what's up with him or if he's just being scratched.

Pajuniemi had a PPG goal in 13:48.

Lindbum, who sucks, was the backup for the third straight game if I'm recalling things right.

Ragnarsson didn't record any stats, but did log an impressive 19:55, giving him now four straight games between 19-21 minutes.

Rykov had nothing in 16:25.

Kravtsov had an assist in 22:05, with 5 shots. He was -1.

Upcoming: Hughes has a game at 5 p.m. and Skinner at 8:05 p.m.

Reactions: bl02

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
Yeah. Should we be excited about Pajuniemi or are we possibly looking at another Brandon Pirri? Is he working on other aspects of his game and not just scoring?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
have you watched him play to comment on the development of his overall game? the offense is great to see. but i'm curious how his overall play has been.

I watch TPS regularly. Their games are at a very reasonable hour (5:30 PM).

Pajuniemi has improved his overall game but I wouldn't call him a 2-way player. He's very much an offensive dynamo that needs to be on a line with more defensively responsible players. Almost like a young Chris Kreider in that way (not the same type of player though).

I think as a Ranger, the best comparison I can come up with, would be 2013-14 Benoit Pouliot. 3rd line winger who adds goalscoring depth to a team with a good top-6.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I watch TPS regularly. Their games are at a very reasonable hour (5:30 PM).

Pajuniemi has improved his overall game but I wouldn't call him a 2-way player. He's very much an offensive dynamo that needs to be on a line with more defensively responsible players. Almost like a young Chris Kreider in that way (not the same type of player though).

I think as a Ranger, the best comparison I can come up with, would be 2013-14 Benoit Pouliot. 3rd line winger who adds goalscoring depth to a team with a good top-6.

good to hear...improvement and growth is all you can ask out of a prospect. with our roster, top 6 and PP time will be hard to come by but feel he could be a tremendous depth/support guy if his overall game develops. we don't need him to be a selke candidate either, just play a solid all around game to go with the offensive skill.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Henriksson missing today's game as well due to injury. Själin is playing for Leksand.

Lundkvist and Edström are facing each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad