Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
no idea who you are but you’d comment is he’s been very good right from the start of his ncaa career but me saying he’s been one of the best players in NCAA from start is not true at all? Um ok want to split hairs any further?

he’s been Cornells best player since day one
Person you're replying to is a Cornell guy who has watched Barron since he first stepped on the ice. coz is like the Barron authority--he gives us all the updates, all the reports, etc. Where have you been for over two years?

And to coz's point, he was very inconsistent as a Freshman. He started off red hot and then had 4 points his final 18 games. One of the best players in the country he was not, and while he was still a good player for Cornell he wasn't the best performer on his team that season (when taken as a whole).

I don't really think it's splitting hairs, at all.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Person you're replying to is a Cornell guy who has watched Barron since he first stepped on the ice. coz is like the Barron authority--he gives us all the updates, all the reports, etc. Where have you been for over two years?

I can't say I've disagreed with anything Coz has said about Barron either.

He's certainly seen him more than I have, but I've found his assessments to be spot-on.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
First I’ve seen a post from the guy don’t recognize the name so not going to argue with him.

but I don’t think calling him Cornell’s best player for the last 3 years is “not true at all”.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
First I’ve seen a post from the guy don’t recognize the name so not going to argue with him.

but I don’t think calling him Cornell’s best player for the last 3 years is “not true at all”.
You said he was "one of the best players in college hockey right from day one as a freshman". That was what coz called you out on as being untrue. And that's totally different than calling him Cornell's best player for three years (which probably isn't true regarding his Freshman year but would be for his Sophomore campaign and current season).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You said he was "one of the best players in college hockey right from day one as a freshman". That was what coz called you out on as being untrue. And that's totally different than calling him Cornell's best player for three years (which probably isn't true regarding his Freshman year but would be for his Sophomore campaign and current season).

He was from day one actually Came out on fire as you said and like you said cooled off for a bit. But Jesus can you be more literal?

Ok So for half of his freshman year he wasn’t scoring but the rest of the time he’s been one of the best guys in the NCAA feel better?

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
I'd have to agree with Coz. Barron had some growing pains though he certainly showed a ton of potental as a freshman. Best player on that team was probably Anthony Angello who now plays in the Pens organization.

Reactions: Trxjw and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He was from day one actually Came out on fire as you said and like you said cooled off for a bit. But Jesus can you be more literal?

Ok So for half of his freshman year he wasn’t scoring but the rest of the time he’s been one of the best guys in the NCAA feel better?
He "cooled off" for half the season. :laugh: But even with his play from the first half, I don't think he was particularly close to being considered one of the best college players in the country.

But yeah, you making obvious, factually incorrect statements...the problem is just me being literal. :laugh:

And no I don't feel better, I never was upset to begin with.

Reactions: doming07

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Seem upset, but that’s your opinion and I have mine. Certainly not factually and obviously incorrect.

but I’m willing to work with you here.

how’s this?

he’s been one of the best players in the NCAA over his 3 year career? Since everyone is very upset with my feeling he was that good as a freshman.

Does that work for everyone? My point being how good he is remains the same

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'd have to agree with Coz. Barron had some growing pains though he certainly showed a ton of potental as a freshman. Best player on that team was probably Anthony Angello who now plays in the Pens organization.

I agree.

I think Barron had a good, even a very good freshman year.

From there he progressed and had a great sophomore year.

He continued to progress to having a fantastic junior year.

I think he went from one of the better rookies in college and Cornell's best freshman, to arguably Cornell's best player, to arguably one of the best in college right now.

So I think his progression to being in the conversation has been gradual. Even last year, I wouldn't have ranked him among the best in college per se.

But now? Yeah I think he's definitely got a case he can make.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seem upset, but that’s your opinion and I have mine. Certainly not factually and obviously incorrect.

but I’m willing to work with you here.

how’s this?

he’s been one of the best players in the NCAA over his 3 year career? Since everyone is very upset with my feeling he was that good as a freshman.

Does that work for everyone? My point being how good he is remains the same
Definitely not upset. Life has reminded me recently that there are a lot of things that are really important, worth caring about, getting upset over. Fighting with some guy about college hockey players on the internet is not one of those things worth being upset about.

Anyway, he WAS good as a Freshman. Just not one of the top players in the nation. Not even the best on his team. No one seems to be "upset" over you thinking he was good as a Freshman. I think you're just moving the goal posts a bit.

Last year? Probably. This year? He sure looks like one of the very top players in the nation.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
...I think he went from one of the better rookies in college and Cornell's best freshman, to arguably Cornell's best player, to arguably one of the best in college right now...

I thought this is what @Kovalev27 meant in his original post but then he want to argue something different.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lunker and Lulea have a Champions League game that just started.

You can watch it here: Matches

BTW: SC Bern's logo is bonkers. It's a bear, but with a f***ing hockey stick for a tongue. Reminds me of the old Swamp Rabbits logo.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I thought this is what @Kovalev27 meant in his original post but then he want to argue something different.

I'm not actually sure what the disagreement is --- I think it might be whether he was one of the best in college from the get-go, or whether he's gradually reached that level.

However, I think just about everyone commenting is more or less in agreement that regardless of where he started, he's arguably performing as one of the best players in the NCAA right now.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Didn't realize this was going to happen when I posted. I just wanted to point out there's a difference between being a Fox/Eichel level player in college from the jump to developing into one of the top guys which he certainly has.

No worries and apologies if I came off abrasive in my response.

I think we can both agree that I am right and you were wrong and let’s just leave it at that ;)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm not actually sure what the disagreement is --- I think it might be whether he was one of the best in college from the get-go, or whether he's gradually reached that level.

However, I think just about everyone commenting is more or less in agreement that regardless of where he started, he's arguably performing as one of the best players in the NCAA right now.

yes

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yeah, he was nominated for the Hobey last year (him and 7000 other guys) and he may well be a finalist this year if he keeps it up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Yup, at this point it will be interesting to see how (and how fast) it translates into his performance in the NHL.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yup, at this point it will be interesting to see how (and how fast) it translates into his performance in the NHL.

I tend to be in agreement with everything Coz has out there in that regard.

I mean literally if someone reads those posts, that's where I'm at.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
no idea who you are but you’d comment is he’s been very good right from the start of his ncaa career but me saying he’s been one of the best players in NCAA from start is not true at all? Um ok want to split hairs any further?

he’s been Cornells best player since day one

Yeah, I will take the word of the guy who actually watches all the Cornell games :laugh:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I tend to be in agreement with everything Coz has out there in that regard.

I mean literally if someone reads those posts, that's where I'm at.

Lol, sorry I meant it as rhetorical statement (though I dont think @coz21 mentioned anything about Barron’s future in today’s exchange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad