Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
this doesn't exactly add anything but I've seen a lot of NHL'ers in real life and let me tell you that Morgan Barron is a BIG mother ****er
Is he like a Tim Kerr type? What’s his play style. I glean he’s big and has a hard shot.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Is he like a Tim Kerr type? What’s his play style. I glean he’s big and has a hard shot.

Tim Kerr is the guy that's completely forgotten about when people talk about players coming to New York and immediately falling off a cliff. Of course, with him it's hard to know how his wife dying a year earlier affected him. Interesting reference.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Tim Kerr is the guy that's completely forgotten about when people talk about players coming to New York and immediately falling off a cliff. Of course, with him it's hard to know how his wife dying a year earlier affected him. Interesting reference.
He came to the Rangers just as I was becoming a fan. He was really terrific, even though he just played a few games as a Ranger. Then I learned about his career and was very impressed. Didn’t know about his wife. That’s awful.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do not think that Kerr is necessarily a good comparison. You just brought back some bad memories. Why not just discuss Dave Brown while you are at it?

I digress. Anyway, Kerr made his living in front of the net. He was an absolute machine, tipping passes getting rebounds. I would love to see Barron use his size that way. Maybe he will, but that is not the case today. At least that is my belief.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kerr was a player who was really good for his time. I don't think he'd be nearly as effective today. He had the Phil Esposito thing. Good hands and he was big, stocky and strong and he'd set up in front of the net, outmuscle defensemen and score goals with quick spinarounds and an accurate shot. He was an average at best skater and kind of a one trick pony. That would work against him today.

Reactions: Cag29

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tarmo registered 2 shots and nothing else in 22+.

Pajuniemi had two goals, an assist, was plus one and had 14 (!!) shots.

Ragnarsson had nothing.

In your opinion do you feel Pajuniemi can come over next year at 21 and be an impact bottom 6 guy? Or at least by 2021 camp?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In your opinion do you feel Pajuniemi can come over next year at 21 and be an impact bottom 6 guy? Or at least by 2021 camp?
Personally, I never saw a whole lot with him. He's a pretty good skater with a nice shot, sometimes shows some creativity. I don't know if he'll be signed, and if he is, I wouldn't expect him to come and make a big impact. He would need to develop.

Disclaimer: I have not seen him this season.

Reactions: bl02

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Personally, I never saw a whole lot with him. He's a pretty good skater with a nice shot, sometimes shows some creativity. I don't know if he'll be signed, and if he is, I wouldn't expect him to come and make a big impact. He would need to develop.

Disclaimer: I have not seen him this season.

It’s hard to know how much injuries have held him back and how much his development has stalled. I saw him for the U20 team just after he was drafted, late summer, and he had a really good game against like the Slovaks. But after that he haven’t taken off. One injury after another.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think the easiest comparison one could make on Barron is Brian Boyle....

I think he has more pure goal scoring ability, but then again Boyle was perceived to have more skill when he was drafted too I believe so who knows. I really like Barron as a prospect.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Kings use to have their AHL team in Manchester NH and for at least the better part of one year they experimented with Boyle as a defenseman.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Missed the assist but overall a pretty quiet game for Barron offensively. That's not surprising since Clarkson is really good and plays a very similar style to Cornell. Still did some nice stuff, especially in the corners and on the wall, which I know you guys are interested in hearing about. Defensively he was excellent as per usual.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
I think he has more pure goal scoring ability, but then again Boyle was perceived to have more skill when he was drafted too I believe so who knows. I really like Barron as a prospect.
Boyle also played in a much less competitive era of college hockey. The bottom of Hockey East at the time was pure dogshit.

Reactions: redwhiteandblue

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm more interested in our lord and savior Simon Kjellberg
I am truly blessed to have such a prospect represent my alma. I can't wait for his name to be risen to the back wall along with the other Ring of Honor inductees.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad