Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The only thing that annoyed me is that we didn't pick Dorofeyev. That kid will be a steal for Vegas

we made 4 picks before he went...kakko, robertson, henriksson and jones. all look like good picks. you could argue dorofeyev over jones just cause we have so many dmen but i really like our 4 picks

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
we made 4 picks before he went...kakko, robertson, henriksson and jones. all look like good picks. you could argue dorofeyev over jones just cause we have so many dmen but i really like our 4 picks

I would have picked him over Henriksson myself, but it's not something I will lose sleep over

Reactions: Cag29

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Speaking of Henriksson, if he keeps it up how good are his chances a. to be called up to SHL and b. to be invited to WJC?

Short of an injury callup he has zero chance. He’s playing well, but unless he gets lent down to the Allsvenskan he’s just spinning his wheels thus year.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
There was plenty of people that cited his stats as a reason of why he can’t even be a good enough goalie to justify being taken. I understand the value and pipeline arguments, but I also find them to be overstated

It’s all accumulative, isn't it?

Why would you draft a backup in the 2nd when you can get one on the open market for a 3rd?

TBH, his stats this year mean nothing, just better to drop in once a month and watch him. He sees more shots in practice than most games right now. The drop off from SHL to Allsvenskan is good AHL side to mediocre ECHL team. He should be lights out, just above average.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Why would you draft a backup in the 2nd when you can get one on the open market for a 3rd?

TBH, his stats this year mean nothing, just better to drop in once a month and watch him. He sees more shots in practice than most games right now. The drop off from SHL to Allsvenskan is good AHL side to mediocre ECHL team. He should be lights out, just above average.

Depends on the team, to be honest. There are teams in Allsvenskan which are definitely SHL caliber, but the bottom teams are just a level below. Promotion-relegation is a different system than major-minor hockey. You can't just assume every team in HA is a tier below SHL

Reactions: Joey Bones

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

You can get an older goalie for cheap, sure. But the younger ones that teams think can be starters for the next 10 years can get 1sts.

And I agree that stopping in to watch him mean more than looking at his stats, but not everyone has done that or is going to do that

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
And now we’re about to have back to back years where goalies go in the first half of the first round, markets and value are always shifting

No, they're not.

It’s like running backs in the NFL. If you know you have an elite talent at the position like an Adrian Peterson, you take him. Otherwise they’re 2nd round or later.

Everybody thought Knight is elite talent, still only went 13. Askarov is even better, will be lucky to go 6. But nobody knows nothing about goalies.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Speaking of Henriksson, if he keeps it up how good are his chances a. to be called up to SHL and b. to be invited to WJC?

They discussed Henriksson in the studio before the Lulea game. Frölunda has an issue with 14 forwards (excluding Henriksson) that easily belongs in the SHL. One expert argued that it was great, keeps everyone on their toes. The other one said that it was problematic because it was going to be very tough for everyone to have established good players benched for stretches — and in addition he referred to Henriksson and said that they had a 01’ born in the U20 who is really good and has hit the roof down there and need a bigger challenge but Frölunda don’t even remotely have room for him.

Being loaned to Allsvenskan is an option. But those teams can only make two loans (skaters) per season (Överenskommelse om spelarlån).

The WJC break is fairly long. Is any of the attractive organizations interested of taking Karl now, being without him for like a months for the WJC, before they get him back?

I am not very concerned though. It’s of course hard to tell, but my take is that I every day of the week would like to see a kid play at a too low level than the opposite or someone barely playing at all.

Besides, Frölunda likes to pride themselves as being the hardest training team in the world off ice. Henriksson is surely put to work there. I also know that we have a great relationship with Frolunda, exchange ideas on training methods etc. I am sure we are in the loop.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Here was Hughes with his first collegiate goal from this weekend:

Here was Nanne with his first of the year:

The thing about that Hughes goal for me is that the van Reimsdyk’s are from my town, I know a bunch of people who play pick up games with them when they’re around in the summer, I had no idea that there was more than 2 brothers

Reactions: nyr2k2 and egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad