Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 11.15.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does seem like forever that we've had him, with the D+1 year in the USHL, missing a year with his illness, then sitting out a year due to transfer rules. And yet, he'll graduate at 24, which isn't remotely unusual for an NCAA player.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Does seem like forever that we've had him, with the D+1 year in the USHL, missing a year with his illness, then sitting out a year due to transfer rules. And yet, he'll graduate at 24, which isn't remotely unusual for an NCAA player.
I also doubt we sign him, but pretty amazing to see him playing well after everything he’s gone through

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I also doubt we sign him, but pretty amazing to see him playing well after everything he’s gone through
It's a nice story, for sure. I hope they at least give him an ATO and let him skate a couple pro games, take a look at him, let some other organizations get a look at him. Even though he's way behind the curve and completely buried in the organization, he does have some nice skills. Great skater, good shot, good passer with good vision, and his defense has become pretty good, as well.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Been saying this since he was drafted, Wall is has a real shot to be a starter in the NHL.

He's 3rd behind Geoegiev and Shesh.
I know we've been down this road before, but I still slightly prefer Huska. I like the raw skills better. I know Wall has the edge in actual performance over their careers, but Huska has played on terrible teams basically everywhere he's been (NCAA, International, AHL) and Wall has obviously played on much better teams at Lowell. I wonder what things would look like if their situations had been reversed.

Anyway, whether you prefer one or the other, it's nice to know there are options behind Shesterkin and Georgiev in the not-so-distant future. And that doesn't even include Lindbom, who has impressed me when I've seen him this year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
2014...agreed it feels like 100 years ago but same year we took shesterkin...man that was a bad draft
And it was going to be worse--after we walked from Mantha he had a good year and then a good pro debut season. Had he not had the eye injury, he could be in the NHL.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
And it was going to be worse--after we walked from Mantha he had a good year and then a good pro debut season. Had he not had the eye injury, he could be in the NHL.

we aren't signing anyone from that draft class except Igor...well we'll sign brendan lemieux but thats different.

of course it wasn't just us...we didn't pick till 59 and after that there weren't very many good players. obviously tb hit the jackpot with braydon point but there are an awful lot of guys that 5 years later have yet to play a single game. so even in hindsight it was a pretty weak draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad