Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lindbum gave up two goals on seven shots and was pulled after 13:25, no sure if due to injury or because he sucks.

Ragnarsson was -1.

Huge Ole Ass didn't start.

Pajuniemi still injured.

Rykov was -1 and played lass than 14 minutes.

Question: Could things be worse in Europe? Well lol now we only have one guy suspended. Two injuries. Ppl struggling.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
With the draft thread locked I guess this is the best place to put my draft grade of NYR, methodology is in the first tweet in the thread.

What’s wrong with the big goalie? Curious, as I haven’t seen him. But I read he’s very technical and even, robotic. Which to me is ideal for a goalie. I want these guys keeping their form and energy. When a goalie is in the right spot he’s most effective - as I’m sure you’d agree. And a guy that big will be even more effective. Are you concerned with his athleticism? Of course we’d want technical diligence plus athleticism. But Ollas at least seems to have a couple important boxes checked.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Question: Could things be worse in Europe? Well lol now we only have one guy suspended. Two injuries. Ppl struggling.

Honestly, what are people's expectations of guys like Ragnarsson, Ollas, Själin, Aaltonen etc? Late round picks are a shot in the dark anyway. If they work out, great. If they don't, it shouldn't really be seen as a disaster.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Honestly, what are people's expectations of guys like Ragnarsson, Ollas, Själin, Aaltonen etc? Late round picks are a shot in the dark anyway. If they work out, great. If they don't, it shouldn't really be seen as a disaster.
The only kid you listed that I had a problem with (as did most of the board) was Ragnarsson. The kid was a non-prospect and everyone knew it. The other picks all had real skill and upside, albeit low probability of actually hitting that upside.

Ollas is a bit more polarizing. I have no problem with taking a huge swing on a 7th round goalie. A kid that big is going to take a loooooooooong time to grow into his body. He's probably 6 years away from being an NHLer, if he makes it. We have no idea of what our goaltending situation is going to look like in 6 years. The challenge for Ollas is going to be not washing out before he grows into his body. If he can't be "good enough" for a team to keep around, getting him regular starts, he'll be out of hockey in 2-3 years.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Only one suspension cause Bustersson isn't our prospect anymore

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
There shouldn't be any but Ragnarsson was a bad pick and everyone knew it. Ollas, I mean, it's a 7th rounder IDK what you're supposed to do. Sjalin and Aaltonen were good gambles to take and they're players you should be able to leave in Europe and kinda just forget about them. I think as an org we are well past the point where we need to hope our longshots do something

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
There shouldn't be any but Ragnarsson was a bad pick and everyone knew it. Ollas, I mean, it's a 7th rounder IDK what you're supposed to do. Sjalin and Aaltonen were good gambles to take and they're players you should be able to leave in Europe and kinda just forget about them. I think as an org we are well past the point where we need to hope our longshots do something

Kjellberg was a more controversial pick than Ragnarsson

Reactions: NYR Viper

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ragnarsson was a reach, but I actually liked what I saw when I watched him the last two years. Maybe doesn't justify the pick, but I was hopeful that within another two years he would be worth an ELC. He has some positive attributes but I don't know if he can put it all together.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ollas is a bit more polarizing. I have no problem with taking a huge swing on a 7th round goalie. A kid that big is going to take a loooooooooong time to grow into his body. He's probably 6 years away from being an NHLer, if he makes it. We have no idea of what our goaltending situation is going to look like in 6 years. The challenge for Ollas is going to be not washing out before he grows into his body. If he can't be "good enough" for a team to keep around, getting him regular starts, he'll be out of hockey in 2-3 years.
As things look currently, he has those 6 years.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lundkvist scoreless.

Edstrom was listed as the spare forward and isn't on the scoresheet.

Sjalin had a primary assist.

No points for Henriksson.

Kravtsov still out.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah for sure, and Henriksson, Aaltonen, Pajuniemi and co, I still like those guys. Edström seem to be improving — but I am not sure I get the ‘let’s gamble on someone with size’ strategy that we clearly are employing. Seems like there could be better gambles, especially some really high quality KHLers.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Yeah for sure, and Henriksson, Aaltonen, Pajuniemi and co, I still like those guys. Edström seem to be improving — but I am not sure I get the ‘let’s gamble on someone with size’ strategy that we clearly are employing. Seems like there could be better gambles, especially some really high quality KHLers.

we got our elite talent...don't worry

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kind of a quiet start for Lundkvist no?

And what the heck happened to Kravtsov? Was thinking it was a groin it’s been a little while

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah. ‘Let’s draft him cuz he’s massive’ sounds like a gambit right out of the 90s. I assume (hope) there’s more to the scheme, but it does indeed sound dumb.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Man, could you imagine a line of Gettinger-Rempe-Rueschhoff? #TallBoys

I'm really pulling for Timmy G to make the jump this season. It's year 3 for him which is generally when organizations start to lose faith in prospects.

He's improved each year. Same points in less games with more goals, a better +/- and less PIMs.

He's 22 which is prime age for bigger guys starting to figure it out.

I honestly don't know why he wasn't given more of a shot. He's a big guy who is good with cycling, defensively responsible, and can PK.

He was maybe a split second slow as the game went on but it wasn't like Derek Stepan/Peter Worrell slow. Hopefully he's worked on his stride and explosiveness during this offseson.

If his forte can be PKing and cycling, he'll do just fine. This team needs those kind of guys.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Peter Worell slow? LUL
Is the a slow scale includes Brashear, Boogaard, Langdon, and Glass too?

Barring a trade, I'm not liking Timmy's chances of beating out Kreider, Panarin, Lafreniere, and Lemiuex on the LW. Like if you're a left wing, might as well ask for a trade at this point.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
You have to count Lafreniere in the overall draft grade imho. I say it’s an A+
Schneider looks like a future stud.
I do count Laf in the overall draft grade, as a B because it was just an obvious pick Gorton fell into. I don’t agree with you on Schneider but I hope you’re right.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
What’s wrong with the big goalie? Curious, as I haven’t seen him. But I read he’s very technical and even, robotic. Which to me is ideal for a goalie. I want these guys keeping their form and energy. When a goalie is in the right spot he’s most effective - as I’m sure you’d agree. And a guy that big will be even more effective. Are you concerned with his athleticism? Of course we’d want technical diligence plus athleticism. But Ollas at least seems to have a couple important boxes checked.
I’ve never seen him play. Big goalies with bad numbers are generellt bad ‍♂️ Thats all

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gettinger is actually a pretty good skater for his size. He's not Kreider good but he can get around. Hartford uses him regularly in penalty kill situations. His ceiling is limited and he's never really been a consistent point producer. His first year pro--he fought the wrong guy--someone as big as him but older and stronger and more versed in pugilism and he got concussed and was out for quite a while.

Reactions: Roo Returns

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Gettinger is actually a pretty good skater for his size. He's not Kreider good but he can get around. Hartford uses him regularly in penalty kill situations. His ceiling is limited and he's never really been a consistent point producer. His first year pro--he fought the wrong guy--someone as big as him but older and stronger and more versed in pugilism and he got concussed and was out for quite a while.

good skater for his size is normally code for not a good skater...if he was a good skater it wouldn't need the disclaimer

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad