Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When it comes to playing pro hockey, their situations are the same, yes. Neither were expected to play pro hockey but both have done already so far. For either, it was either junior hockey (SuperElit/Nationell) or pro hockey. Just because the division is different, doesn't mean the situation is different.

Tärnström playing Allsvenskan hockey is what should be considered a success as it is the highest possible level he can reach (barring a transfer which is unlikely)
Edström played one J20 game.

Tärnström has already played four of his seven games in J20. You're already crediting Tärnström with something he hasn't done, which is stick in Allsvenskan.

And yes, the division being different does make the situation different. Just because one guy is able to stick on an Allsvenskan team doesn't mean he'd be able to do it on an SHL team. So you can't compare the situations. Maybe Tärnström could stick if AIK were in SHL. But they're not, and he hasn't, so we don't know. It's not the same. The structural circumstances are the same but the actual accomplishment is not.

What Edström did was not just a good show of development but a real accomplishment for a guy drafted where he was. If Tärnström ends up playing a regular role in in Allsvenskan that's nice a nice development but not the same accomplishment. The fact that he doesn't have the opportunity doesn't change that.
Eh, I lose track of who knows and who doesn't know the league structure in Sweden
Come on man, really? :rolleyes:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Edström played one J20 game.

Tärnström has already played four of his seven games in J20. You're already crediting Tärnström with something he hasn't done, which is stick in Allsvenskan.

Ehm...

For a 4th round pick, being a regular at the pro level in his D+1 is a great thing. If he can get there, it's a positive. Remember Edström last year?

If he can get there...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ehm...

If he can get there...
You said "neither were expected to play pro hockey but both have done already so far" as if what they had done is the same; Edström broke with the team and never looked back and Tärnström is splitting time and who knows how his season will progress.

Anyway, whatever, I'm done. Good luck to Tärnström.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You said "neither were expected to play pro hockey but both have done already so far" as if what they had done is the same; Edström broke with the team and never looked back and Tärnström is splitting time and who knows how his season will progress.

Anyway, whatever, I'm done. Good luck to Tärnström.

They have both played pro already, yes. Not the same degree at the same time of the season.

But whatever. Good luck disecting everything.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Big picture imo, this is a perfect example of why the Rangers might and should be patient. With all these wingers, some are going to get pushed to try center ice and one may emerge. Let the kids and this talent sort itself out while the market takes notice and develops.

Be patient.

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Big picture imo, this is a perfect example of why the Rangers might and should be patient. With all these wingers, some are going to get pushed to try center ice and one may emerge. Let the kids and this talent sort itself out while the market takes notice and develops.

Be patient.

Wingers? Reunanen is a defenseman

Reactions: Harbour Dog

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Wingers? Reunanen is a defenseman

630A59B1-B2CB-4FA3-ADBC-A9A1C2C553B0.jpeg

Like i said, Khodorenko

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I forgot they were planning to do a WJC this year. Anyone have the list of the likely NYR prospects who might make it? Wonder if Robertson or Schneider have been good enough for consideration on the Canadian roster.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I forgot they were planning to do a WJC this year. Anyone have the list of the likely NYR prospects who might make it? Wonder if Robertson or Schneider have been good enough for consideration on the Canadian roster.
I think it’s very possible we see Robertson Schneider Cuylle and Garand all make the team. Berard for the USA is possible as well.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Still pinching myself that they not only got Lafreniere but Schneider because both the Devils and Maple Leafs were stupid and didn't take him soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino