Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I forgot they were planning to do a WJC this year. Anyone have the list of the likely NYR prospects who might make it? Wonder if Robertson or Schneider have been good enough for consideration on the Canadian roster.

They'll both get invites and have a good shot at making it.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
You know, Steve, sometimes you piss me off (as I'm sure I piss you off), but you never hold a grudge and you're always a good sport. I admire that about you.
I wouldn’t say never, he did just block me on twitter because i asked why he would want Abdelkader. ‍♂️

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
With the draft thread locked I guess this is the best place to put my draft grade of NYR, methodology is in the first tweet in the thread.

Reactions: egelband

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
C+? Haha.

P.S. It’s one thing to post tweets with actual updates, stats or interviews and completely different when it’s your own musings. Musings can de typed for sure.
Yes, C+ :)

Think that’s a very fair grade, if your baseline for Lafreniere is A+ then I guess B- or B is appropriate, I choose not to give too much props for picking the overwhelming consensus #1 at #1 :)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wheeler released his new top 50 prospect ranks post draft, Rangers have three on the list
1. Lafreniere
25. Lundkvist
39. Kravstov

Also as a side note, LA is absolutely stacked at forward. They 4 guys in Wheelers top 20 (Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Vilardi)

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Wheeler released his new top 50 prospect ranks post draft, Rangers have three on the list
1. Lafreniere
25. Lundkvist
39. Kravstov

Also as a side note, LA is absolutely stacked at forward. They 4 guys in Wheelers top 20 (Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Vilardi)
I think we'd match up well with them in a prospect trade, especially if Chytil's development at C stalls.

Vilardi, Kupari, Turcotte, and Thomas are all probably better than any C we have in our system currently.

On the flip side, we have 4-5 D that would instantly be their #1 or 2 ranked D prospect. They have Bjornfot (1st rounder from 2019) coming, then a whole bunch of trash.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
C+? Haha.

P.S. It’s one thing to post tweets with actual updates, stats or interviews and completely different when it’s your own musings. Musings can de typed for sure.

Has anyone ever linked to a tweet they had posted with a dick pic?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
1. Lafreniere
25. Lundkvist
39. Kravstov

Wow Kaliyev top 20 and kravtsov not even close to top 20.
I’m not as high on Kravtsov as others but this is depressing to see lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wow Kaliyev top 20 and kravtsov not even close to top 20.
I’m not as high on Kravtsov as others but this is depressing to see lol
I've never been a fan of his lists. He says K'Andre would be 70-80 or so, which to me is crazy. I know it's hard with so many guys in so many leagues, so I'm not shitting on him--I've just never liked the way he ranked guys.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The top 7 picks on his list are all from the recent draft. That's ridiculous.
Yeah, there's a big recency bias. And it makes sense when you're doing these lists because you need to make sure you're checking out all the new guys. But you can't penalize previous draftees because you maybe didn't watch them as much lately.

He hasn't been high on Miller basically ever, from my recollection. Which is fine--not everyone has to like every prospect I like. :laugh: But IMO Miller is definitely a guy with legitimate first-pair potential. I mean if he hits, if he really hits, he's a #1D.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Yeah, there's a big recency bias. And it makes sense when you're doing these lists because you need to make sure you're checking out all the new guys. But you can't penalize previous draftees because you maybe didn't watch them as much lately.

He hasn't been high on Miller basically ever, from my recollection. Which is fine--not everyone has to like every prospect I like. :laugh: But IMO Miller is definitely a guy with legitimate first-pair potential. I mean if he hits, if he really hits, he's a #1D.

He's like the anti-Pronman in that he tries really hard to identify qualities that are more specific than 'dynamic' or 'explosive,' but both of them really struggle with their projections IMO. They don't seem to have a good sense of what will and won't translate in the NHL and the room for a prospect to develop new skills or change themselves as players to fit the big leagues.

I think it's laughable to have Kalyiev that high on any list, but they both love him for example. They always bank on his finishing ability and make him a lock as a 30 goal scorer in the NHL. But whenever I see him play, I think, what NHL coach is gonna let him near the ice? He's a lot more like Pirri than Laine to me.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbum gave up two goals on seven shots and was pulled after 13:25, no sure if due to injury or because he sucks.

Ragnarsson was -1.

Huge Ole Ass didn't start.

Pajuniemi still injured.

Rykov was -1 and played lass than 14 minutes.

Reactions: Ola

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
1. Lafreniere
25. Lundkvist
39. Kravstov

Wheeler is a f***ing dork. Only cares about flash. His rankings are useless. Especially when it comes to defensemen. If you’re not a small offensive d-man you don’t even deserve to be drafted in his eyes.

Last edited:

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Yes, C+ :)

Think that’s a very fair grade, if your baseline for Lafreniere is A+ then I guess B- or B is appropriate, I choose not to give too much props for picking the overwhelming consensus #1 at #1 :)
You have to count Lafreniere in the overall draft grade imho. I say it’s an A+
Schneider looks like a future stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad