Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Yup the guy getting crushed behind Ole Ass now is 4-0 with a 0.50 GAA and .980 SV%. That's interesting, I have no idea if it's because he's really good or just lucky, but Ole Ass has gotten the majority of the play go to this point, but this may cut into that.

What's his name?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
For a 4th round pick, being a regular at the pro level in his D+1 is a great thing. If he can get there, it's a positive. Remember Edström last year?
Allsvenskan is a lot different than the SHL though. I mean you're talking the difference between the third-best league in the world and something between the AHL and ECHL.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Allsvenskan is a lot different than the SHL though. I mean you're talking the difference between the third-best league in the world and something between the AHL and ECHL.

Yes, but it's not like players have a choice. This isn't major league and minor league hockey. If the team you are contracted to is relegated, you can't just go play in the SHL. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is an example. He played for Leksands at the time, the team he was contracted to. Now they play in the SHL after earning promotion again last year, but at the time, they were in the 2nd tier.

With Tärnström, playing in Allsvenskan is the highest level he can go for this season. That should be his goal. And if he reaches that goal, that's a success.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yes, but it's not like players have a choice. This isn't major league and minor league hockey. If the team you are contracted to is relegated, you can't just go play in the SHL. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is an example. He played for Leksands at the time, the team he was contracted to. Now they play in the SHL after earning promotion again last year, but at the time, they were in the 2nd tier.

With Tärnström, playing in Allsvenskan is the highest level he can go for this season. That should be his goal. And if he reaches that goal, that's a success.
Steven you know I understand how the system works and don't need a primer.

My point is that you compared Tärnström's situation directly to Edström's situation last year. Yes it would be a nice progression for him as a player but it is not the same as Edström forcing his way onto the SHL team and then playing well enough to force his way up the lineup.

It's not all equal. Aaltonen played most of the year on his Liiga team but struggled, was often a scratch, and honestly Liiga's quality is questionable at this point IMO. So I wouldn't compare Aaltonen and Edström, just like I wouldn't Tärnström and Edström.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Steven you know I understand how the system works and don't need a primer.

My point is that you compared Tärnström's situation directly to Edström's situation last year. Yes it would be a nice progression for him as a player but it is not the same as Edström forcing his way onto the SHL team and then playing well enough to force his way up the lineup.

It's not all equal. Aaltonen played most of the year on his Liiga team but struggled, was often a scratch, and honestly Liiga's quality is questionable at this point IMO. So I wouldn't compare Aaltonen and Edström, just like I wouldn't Tärnström and Edström.

Eh, I lose track of who knows and who doesn't know the league structure in Sweden

When it comes to playing pro hockey, their situations are the same, yes. Neither were expected to play pro hockey but both have done already so far. For either, it was either junior hockey (SuperElit/Nationell) or pro hockey. Just because the division is different, doesn't mean the situation is different.

Tärnström playing Allsvenskan hockey is what should be considered a success as it is the highest possible level he can reach (barring a transfer which is unlikely). How he plays at that level will then determine how big of a success he is, just like with Edström

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille