Proposal: Rangers-Lightning

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Does nothing for the Lightning. Devils could easily beat this offer as well as any other team looking for a Dman

Reactions: bert

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I think you’re seriously over valuing Lundkvist. Tampa is in win now. Why do they give up a 22 yo proven defenseman for futures.

Because TBs cap crunch is pretty bad.

They will have to sacrifice something, although Sergachev is prolly last on the list that will be lost.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yes, it does. Just because that’s what you want, doesn’t mean it’s a viable deal for the other side.

Well we don't want to move Sergachev so we are going to need an overpayment to make us consider. Fox straight up might be fair value but if we don't want to move our player we will need more than fair value.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Well we don't want to move Sergachev so we are going to need an overpayment to make us consider. Fox straight up might be fair value but if we don't want to move our player we will need more than fair value.

That’s not how deals work in the NHL. You don’t see overpayments for the sake of overpayments.

This isn’t EA NHL where you can just turn off the computer GM because you throw a hissy fit when your trade isn’t accepted. GM’s talk and eventually come to a middle point.

I’m not saying Tampa has to deal Sergachev. I know there’s cap issues, but I’d imagine other moves would be made before they deal him unless his asking price is too steep for their liking.

With that said, GM’s do not negotiate the way you seem to think they do.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That’s not how deals work in the NHL. You don’t see overpayments for the sake of overpayments.

This isn’t EA NHL where you can just turn off the computer GM because you throw a hissy fit when your trade isn’t accepted. GM’s talk and eventually come to a middle point.

I’m not saying Tampa has to deal Sergachev. I know there’s cap issues, but I’d imagine other moves would be made before they deal him unless his asking price is too steep for their liking.

With that said, GM’s do not negotiate the way you seem to think they do.

Once in GM mode, I constantly signed and traded, and then signed and traded more top UFAs, as well as all my secondary draft picks, and ended up with the Top 5 picks in the upcoming draft...

... Kinda wish Detroit could do that this year.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
To New York:
Mikhail Sergachev

To Tampa Bay:
Nils Lundkvist
Alexandar Georgiev
Carolina's 2020 first-round pick

:popcorn:
Is TBL plan to acquire draft picks in 20 or 21? Last I checked they traded 2 1's and N Foote so NO scratch that off as TBL need.

Does TBL need a goalie? Last I checked Vazy is an all star. Trade your 2nd best d-man for a goalie you can lose in ED one year from now. BRILLIANT!

Lundkvist is the only asset worth talking about and you do not trade Serge for him.

If the only good things about an offer for Serge or Cirelli is cap room or its better than getting offer sheeted, just don't put the offer out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad