Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
So done with Staal right now. He treats opposing forwards like they have a highly contagious disease, especially in front of the net.

He skates in mud, and is constantly caught out of position. When that happens, he always resorts to that bent-over poke check attempt that looks like he's trying to sweep out beneath his deck without getting too close to the spiders.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
AV is becoming a bit of a problem. I have a whole bunch of friends who are Canucks fans, and everything they said is starting to come true.

He's extremely smart but he's extremely stubborn. 9 out of 10 times he has a good idea, but when he has a bad idea, he thinks it's good and he just keeps doing it.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
In what world were we pretty good? It's funny, Dan Boyle almost had 2 goals but I'm still depressed by how Stralman is still a boss and our D can't get out of its own zone. Breaks my heart.

Yeah, we know. Every single one of your posts is about Stralman. At least you've let Lundqvist go.

Yes, Stralman is missed. Guess what? He was a free agent, and ultimately it was his choice on where to sign. His wife didn't want to raise kids in NYC. Tampa offered him more. Whatever the reasons, he chose Tampa. You can blame Sather for a lot of things. Where an UNRESTRICTED free agent goes is not one of them.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Dan Boyle was awesome

4th line a major problem both glass and fast AND dom Moore have been horrific. Moore lost how many defensive zone faceoffs tonight? He was brutal

Glass had his worst game of the year

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I honestly think they got the wrong guy on the Kreider call. Brassard cross checks someone into the boards a lot more viciously two seconds after Kreider does and right next to him too. That's what I thought the call was originally.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Marc Staal's biggest issue?

Not getting to play behind Ryan McDonagh right now

Staal is a second pair guy these days

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I also would like to know why JT Miller can't get into this lineup

At this point would take miller over glass in a heartbeat. I'm sure stempniak is back in lineup against Philly. Hopefully at glass' expense but i probably for fast

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
There was not a huge difference in margin of play between the teams. What matters is how good the Lightning are at taking advantage. They are really good at it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think a 4th line of Stempniak-Moore-Fast would be very good. One can dream, right?

Beyond that, I think we need to acquire another top 9 winger. Duclair has all the potential in the world, but for me right now, he's not doing enough. We're looking to win games now. There's plenty of time for Duclair, he doesn't need to be here now.

Other than that, I think we're set, minus the giant cancer in our defense corps, but I have hope that Staal gets moved. Hopefully we stay in it until that happens.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's a lot better than Fast too bud

Miller should be in there this is absurd

He's not better than Fast. He doesn't really produce more than Fast and Fast is just on another level defensively. With Miller on the ice, we might as well be shorthanded in our own zone. You can't have a player like that on your 4th line (we do right now with Glass, and we see how much it hurts)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So...

If playoff chocker and now Rangers killer Ryan Callahan meets the Rangers in the playoffs...?

If an unstoppable force meets an immovable object...

Montreal used to always kill the Rangers in Montreal, but that didn't seem to bother them last year.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Officially hate Tampa more than any team in the league.

They are getting up there for me. Probably not top 5 yet. I realize at least for me, hockey is the only sport where I pretty much dislike everybody that isn't the Rangers. MLB, NFL so many teams I'm just indifferent about.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
AV is becoming a bit of a problem. I have a whole bunch of friends who are Canucks fans, and everything they said is starting to come true.

He's extremely smart but he's extremely stubborn. 9 out of 10 times he has a good idea, but when he has a bad idea, he thinks it's good and he just keeps doing it.

Completely agree. His obsession with Tanner Glass is literally costing this team points. Glass is actively hurting them on the ice like no player since Ales Kotalik. I'd give anything for Glass to have an invisible or "lazy" game.

This isn't a typical "enforcer who can't play" situation. I'd rather have a guy like Orr who gets 4 minutes and doesn't do direct damage. Glass is given real ice time to screw the team. His ridiculous overuse should disabuse people of the notion that he was a typical Sather goon signing. You know he's AV's boy when a decent player with speed in Stepniak gets scratched against a finesse team like Tampa.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Oh god I love the main boards.

Kreider nutshot on Markov after Markov nutshot him, throw him out of the league disgusting player

Bishop headbutt/nutshot combo on Nash, lolololol Nash sucks and deserved it

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Do you think they need to be weighed down by Turkey? I think they looked slow enough today :laugh:

Haha just figured they would let them rest or see the family ( i guess they cant get back in time anyway and then leave for philly)

I make 40K a year and I'm working on thanksgiving. They're millionaires and they're half my age, sorry but **** them. Go to work.

Haha hey im right there with you, i'm going into work in 30 minutes, just figured they would give those guys the day off.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh god I love the main boards.

Kreider nutshot on Markov after Markov nutshot him, throw him out of the league disgusting player

Bishop headbutt/nutshot combo on Nash, lolololol Nash sucks and deserved it

Speaking of Nash, I have no problem with what he did to Palat. I just wish it was Callahan or Stamkos. I'm getting tried of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad