Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
3 of Cally's goals against us have been absolute gifts from Stamkos that any ordinary player could put in the net. Once McD comes back and shakes off the rust, we'll be fine again

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Or maybe Callahan is a much better player than he was every given for being by too many posters here.

Did I say he was a bad player? Watch the goals, all of the effort is done by Stamkos to either skate or deke around our defense and then he gets the puck to Cally who has a wide open net. Callahan is a very good player, but his stats are as much a byproduct of playing with Stamkos as Kunitz is with Crosby.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Or maybe Callahan is a much better player than he was every given for being by too many posters here.

Callahan is a very good 2nd line player and is definitely capable of playing of the 1st line. We've seen that here in NY.

But playing with a player like Stamkos will most definitely make his life scoring easier. His 2nd goal was put on a silver platter for him.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Callahan's face when celebrating that goal last night really irritated me, and it's getting play in every highlight I've seen of this game. Cockier than I ever remember him being here.

You can tell he still has something to prove, and he's proving it. He's ****ing destroying us.

Makes you wonder if there's some old boys club mentality in the locker room here (who am I kidding, of course there is).

Guys like Dubinsky still play us like they're holding a ****ing grudge. I don't see ex-players for other teams getting so worked up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Callahan is a very good 2nd line player and is definitely capable of playing of the 1st line. We've seen that here in NY.

But playing with a player like Stamkos will most definitely make his life scoring easier. His 2nd goal was put on a silver platter for him.

Yeah, but not by Stamkos.

That was a strange game. I mean, Joe and Sam kept on complaining about the Rangers single shot on goal halfway through the 2nd period, while never mentioning that Tampa only had 2.

The Rangers, except Boyle and Nash, were handling the puck like it was carrying the avian flu all night long. The Lightning weren't any better. The only thing more inexplicable was the penalty on Zuccarello. Yet there were still 7 goals scored.

It was just a bad hockey game all around.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Callahan's face when celebrating that goal last night really irritated me, and it's getting play in every highlight I've seen of this game. Cockier than I ever remember him being here.

You can tell he still has something to prove, and he's proving it. He's ****ing destroying us.

Yeah, I'm not satisfied with his excessive celebration on that goal either. It's like he won the cup with an OT goal or something.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Tampa is just too much. Speed, power and finesse on every mother****ing line. They have burned us for years too, even when they sucked.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Yeah, but not by Stamkos.

That was a strange game. I mean, Joe and Sam kept on complaining about the Rangers single shot on goal halfway through the 2nd period, while never mentioning that Tampa only had 2.

The Rangers, except Boyle and Nash, were handling the puck like it was carrying the avian flu all night long. The Lightning weren't any better. The only thing more inexplicable was the penalty on Zuccarello. Yet there were still 7 goals scored.

It was just a bad hockey game all around.

It was. Stamkos did all the work.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Tampa is just too much. Speed, power and finesse on every mother****ing line. They have burned us for years too, even when they sucked.

Actually every time we played tampa I was so worried that MSL was going to light us up. And he did every time. The style of hockey they play is fun to watch but come playoffs time they'll have trouble with that style and if they can't defend more MTL will again light them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad