Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning - Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Bishop is in big trouble when the league cuts down the size of goalie pads. So slowwwwww.

He's slow going laterally. The Rangers didn't capitalize on that in Games 5 & 7 - and he was clearly hurt.. He can play a good positional game, but when you make him move around, different story, IMO. Look at Boyle's and Moore's goal from last night.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Watched the 3rd.

I'm still laughing at that Stalberg goal. What a horrible hockey play, he wasn't even looking when he shot the puck. It's all sugar and rainbows because we won (and weren't horrible for the first time in a month), but that's the type of play that gets a talking to from the coach afterwards.

His signing was yet another questionable decision by management (what move wasn't this summer?) - brainless idiots like this should not even be playing, let alone out there for the final minute of a 1 goal game.

Last edited:

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
In a completely tongue in cheek way, I got a solid chuckle out of Nash scoring the second empty net goal.

Guy can't even score a meaningful ENG.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Watched the 3rd.

I'm still laughing at that Stalberg goal. What a horrible hockey play, he wasn't even looking when he shot the puck. It's all sugar and rainbows because we won (and weren't horrible for the first time in a month), but that's the type of play that gets a talking to from the coach afterwards.

His signing was yet another questionable decision by management (what move wasn't this summer?) - brainless idiots like this should not even be playing, let alone out there for the final minute of a 1 goal game.

you couldn't be more wrong on Stalberg, cheap contract, when he plays like he did last night he's a solid addition to the 4th line. Forced a bunch of turnovers, made the key play on Dom Moore's game wining goal.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Watched the 3rd.

In a completely tongue in cheek way, I got a solid chuckle out of Nash scoring the second empty net goal.

lol. same.

the stalberg thing is so well....stalberg. it was NOT a good hockey play. at all. had he iced it, and they scored there, he would have been taken to the woodshed and rightly so. anyone who's played knows you don't do that blindly. its a bad play, irregardless of the outcome.

the level of dumbness he displays is epic. he is flub stalberg.

and nash scoring the 2nd en is fitting.

can he be more irrelevant ?

how about scoring a goal that really matters for 8 mil. :shakehead

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
lol. same.

the stalberg thing is so well....stalberg. it was NOT a good hockey play. at all. had he iced it, and they scored there, he would have been taken to the woodshed and rightly so. anyone who's played knows you don't do that blindly. its a bad play, irregardless of the outcome.

the level of dumbness he displays is epic. he is flub stalberg.

and nash scoring the 2nd en is fitting.

can he be more irrelevant ?

how about scoring a goal that really matters for 8 mil. :shakehead

Check signature.

Any questions? :teach:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Not trying to bash on Nash but you can tell there are certain guys that really want the ENG. There are also some guys that are unselfish and would rather a teammate get the ENG.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't know how wanting to score an ENG, and put the game away for your team could possibly be considered a bad thing. I would want to score empty net goals to ensure my team victory, not to pad my stats.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
you couldn't be more wrong on Stalberg, cheap contract, when he plays like he did last night he's a solid addition to the 4th line. Forced a bunch of turnovers, made the key play on Dom Moore's game wining goal.

actually, he's dead on correct. cheap contract doesnt support playing a dumb player.

he was scratched recently. ya know that right ?

his "key play" was more like passing blindly to an equally clueless (last night anyway) hulking swede in vic hedman, who then fumbled it allowing moore to skate in alone.

hedman was atrocious last night so, in this case, stalberg wasnt the worst big swede on the ice :laugh:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You can? By what measure? The look of madness washing over their face as they skate feverishly towards the net?

There are a few ways to tell if a player really wants a ENG or if he would rather give it to a teammate.

1. Has a lot of ENG in a season or for his career.
2. Risks icings to shoot for the EN from his own end.
3. Has few ENA in a season or career.

At least twice (maybe 3 times) this season Zooks had a EN in his sights and passed off. Now that can be looked at as being too unselfish and not smart but you can tell he is not looking for the EN himself. In fact the only time I ever remember Zooks shooting for an empty net himself was the night of his hat trick.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Stalberg seems to go through these Sin Wave curves of play. Plays like crap, gets benched, gets back in, plays well for a few games, then starts to play like crap, gets benched....and the cycle continues. its so predictable.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A step in the right direction. I'll admit that I cracked a smile when Glass smoked Stralman which eventually led to the Moore goal. Staal still sucks and I'm super thankful we didn't sign Callahan, hes going to keep Tampa from being able to retain Stamkos.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
actually, he's dead on correct. cheap contract doesnt support playing a dumb player.

he was scratched recently. ya know that right ?

his "key play" was more like passing blindly to an equally clueless (last night anyway) hulking swede in vic hedman, who then fumbled it allowing moore to skate in alone.

hedman was atrocious last night so, in this case, stalberg wasnt the worst big swede on the ice :laugh:

So with your logic, any meaningful play out there is just a result of someone doing something dumb.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
A step in the right direction. I'll admit that I cracked a smile when Glass smoked Stralman which eventually led to the Moore goal. Staal still sucks and I'm super thankful we didn't sign Callahan, hes going to keep Tampa from being able to retain Stamkos.

Staal saved the game for us yesterday.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Staal saved the game for us yesterday.

One play does not change how god awful he has been and was last night. I don't get how he is not receiving sheltered minutes. He simply cannot keep up with the speed of today's NHL. That move by Namestikov (Iirc) was absolutely pathetic last night. He looked like a literal traffic cone.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Moore is my favorite player on the team not named Zuccarello. What a finish that was. He has some serious hands for a 4th liner.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
One play does not change how god awful he has been and was last night. I don't get how he is not receiving sheltered minutes. He simply cannot keep up with the speed of today's NHL. That move by Namestikov (Iirc) was absolutely pathetic last night. He looked like a literal traffic cone.

Absolutely does.

We were not going to come back and winning the game if we went down 3-2 90 seconds into the 3rd period, further hurting Lundqvist's mentality, and the teams.

We can crap on him all we want in the other 9 loses we had on the road, but he doesn't deserve it for yesterdays game.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Absolutely does.

We were not going to come back and winning the game if we went down 3-2 90 seconds into the 3rd period, further hurting Lundqvist's mentality, and the teams.

We can crap on him all we want in the other 9 loses we had on the road, but he doesn't deserve it for yesterdays game.

Yes we can. He was easily our worst player last night. It's very possible that play doesn't even happen if he's not on the ice. Sure we won the game so it all worked out, but it's another play AV will look at and continue to bench a clearly superior player in McIlrath for.

Sorry but that repercussion and how terrible he was last night doesn't make it ok to me. If this was a playoff game, sure. It's not. And if he stays in the lineup and continues to play this way we won't be making the playoffs

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Yes we can. He was easily our worst player last night. It's very possible that play doesn't even happen if he's not on the ice. Sure we won the game so it all worked out, but it's another play AV will look at and continue to bench a clearly superior player in McIlrath for.

Sorry but that repercussion and how terrible he was last night doesn't make it ok to me. If this was a playoff game, sure. It's not. And if he stays in the lineup and continues to play this way we won't be making the playoffs

He wasn't even bad yesterday. He made one bad play, he was one of the better defensemen.

Some posters just like to crap on players no matter how good or bad they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad