Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Unbelievable. Montreal morning guys on jt miller incident totally condoning with buff did cause miller "whacked" at puck while goalie was trying to cover the puck. Plus they were calling him tj miller.
What are these guys watching?

It's basically Elliot Price, former Expos PBP guy, he's an idiot!
He's been making comments about Kreider, since the second Price went down last year.
I live in Montreal, and I gotta hear lot's of crap from this guy in particular, who BTW, is a Blackhawks fan!!!
To give a little perspective on this Buff crap, Bob Mackenzie called it a dirty play and should/will get suspended for it!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Unbelievable. Montreal morning guys on jt miller incident totally condoning with buff did cause miller "whacked" at puck while goalie was trying to cover the puck. Plus they were calling him tj miller.
What are these guys watching?

They should be embarrassed.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
@DarrenDreger: Nothing official yet, however, hearing expected for Byfuglien.

I wouldn't be shocked if he only gets 1 game. I also wouldn't be shocked if he gets 5. You never know with the NHL. It was such a dirty play.

Good to see the boys win. Not going to lie, they got outplayed for significant portions of the game. Winnipeg is fighting for a playoff spot but after dropping 3 of 4 prior to this I expect a better effort...

It was good to see Henrik looking like Henrik. That makes me feel a bit better.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Also, not sure if this has been posted yet but... 4 points and we clinch the Metro. An Islanders regulation loss them from winning the division and any Rangers win combined with a Pittbsurgh loss eliminates them from winning the division. Any loss for Washington eliminates them from winning the division.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
LOL, I was thinking the same thing!
I'm disappointed that no one went after Buff after that play on Miller, and especially at the end of the game on what he did to Zucc. I mean Kreider was right next to him and did nothing, I mean c'mon, I know it's a close game, but you need to stick up for one another in these types of situations.

At the end of the game like that no one wants to A. pick up a penalty or B. get an instigator penalty and get suspended for the next game..

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Ray Ferraro was on TSN saying it should be at least 5 games, and that there's just no possible way to defend the hit. He's right.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
You know I made fun of the Canadians fans for constantly whining about the Kreider thing when their own player caused it.

I will be damned if I am going to whine over a cheap crosscheck. Crap like that happens, Miller's ok. I am sure going forward the fantastic deterrent that Tanner Glass is, will make sure that nothing like that will happen again.

Besides they basically lost the game because of him, that's enough punishment for me.

Edit: Before anyone gets on me, the hits (Kreider/Buff) weren't analogous, I just don't want to whine/dwell on it.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You know I made fun of the Canadians fans for constantly whining about the Kreider thing when their own player caused it.

I will be damned if I am going to whine over a cheap crosscheck. Crap like that happens, Miller's ok. I am sure going forward the fantastic deterrent that Tanner Glass is, will make sure that nothing like that will happen again.

Besides they basically lost the game because of him, that's enough punishment for me.

Edit: Before anyone gets on me, the hits (Kreider/Buff) weren't analogous, I just don't want to whine/dwell on it.

A cheap crosscheck? Someone with Buff's size and strength could have easily SERIOUSLY injured Miller. Just because Miller wasn't injured it doesn't take away from the severity of the situation. Would you be saying the same thing if Miller was hurt and out for the remainder of the season and playoffs? No. I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
http://streamable.com/p76u

Dustin on Zucc last night. Classy, Classy guy.

Playing a hard game is one thing, going after someone who's noticeably smaller than you and continuing to pummel him after the play is over just because you can speaks volumes about your character

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
A cheap crosscheck? Someone with Buff's size and strength could have easily SERIOUSLY injured Miller. Just because Miller wasn't injured it doesn't take away from the severity of the situation. Would you be saying the same thing if Miller was hurt and out for the remainder of the season and playoffs? No. I guarantee you would be singing a different tune.

It was a cheap crosscheck, you want me to go on and on and on about how it was the dirtiest thing I ever saw? It wasn't.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009

While I can understand the sentiment, the two situations are quite different (as you say).

Kreider's hit on Price was due to a trip by his own team mate.

Buff's crosscheck on miller was completely on his own volition, nothing provoked him, it was completely unnecessary. Do what others do, just press down on the back to keep them down not full force on their god damn neck.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
It was a cheap crosscheck, you want me to go on and on and on about how it was the dirtiest thing I ever saw? It wasn't.

Notice how millers head is snapped backwards because of the sudden hard jolt to his neck? Thats not a cheap crosscheck. Thats assault

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Notice how millers head is snapped backwards because of the sudden hard jolt to his neck? Thats not a cheap crosscheck. Thats assault

This is assault, a former Ranger I might add: Buff is an idiot, but assault no.

FastLinearBlacklab.gif

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I doubt buff gets more than 2 games.. The jets have a big fan base that needs playoff hockey and their in the middle of a playoff race. There's a lot more money to make if Winnipeg is in than if they are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad