Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
So if a drunk driver hits you on the way home but you are not injured, does that make it ok? Should you just move on?

I know that point is on the complete extreme end of the spectrum but frankly I have to get back to work and its all I could come up with. Doing nothing about an action just because there was no injury only encourages that type of action to happen more often which, will ultimately result in more injuries.

I don't disagree. Calls for him to be arrested are a bit ridiculous. Asking for him to be punished by the NHL is not.

This is a sport for our enjoyment.

I knew people that have been killed by DD's so that's a slippery slope. But I know the point you're trying to make, it is way too extreme for what I thought is an innocuous discussion.
Anyway:

See I think people, maybe because you're at work, missed my point. I work on a trading desk and miss what people say frequently because I am doing 50 things at once, except today, it's really boring.

I didn't say the league should do nothing. I said the idiot has to go back into that locker room and look his team mates in the eye after basically losing the game. I said that's punishment enough and whatever the league can pile on, I am cool with.

If you took that as "no harm no foul", you shouldn't have. If he was hurt, admittedly, I would have been much angrier.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Phone hearing? What a joke. Jets are in the playoff push. Big Buff will get the Toffoli treatment, maybe a little harsher.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Phone hearing? What a joke. Jets are in the playoff push. Big Buff will get the Toffoli treatment, maybe a little harsher.

Maybe, but Winnipeg is one of those markets where no matter how good or bad the team is, seats will be filled. LA is a fickle place and if they miss the playoffs they are more likely to lose out next season if the fans lose interest.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Someone needs to explain to me why we keep referring to the Canadian Olympic Diving Squad as a hockey team...

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
10/10 Montreal fan impression. :laugh:

Seriously. We're better than this, guys.

A player can receive up to a 5 game suspension over a phone hearing, right? In my mind, that actually seems about right. 3 games or so for the Miller crosscheck, and a game for the Zuccarello mugging. 4 in total.

Which brings me to a somewhat related, but more a random thought than anything. The safety department isn't going to seriously start cracking down on headshots until someone dies on the ice or is paralyzed from the head down due to a cervical spine injury. And it's a shame.

Wolfy*

and a game for the Zuccarello mugging

Don't think he'll get anything for this.

All I could see was some pushing and shoving, Zucc aint backing off as usual. But he'd get ragdolled if his teammates didn't come to his rescue.

Byfuglien taking on the smallest guys, how tough is that...

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Sad no one on the team stuck up for Miller and took a go at Buff...isn't that what Glass is here for because he's useless at everything else.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Sad no one on the team stuck up for Miller and took a go at Buff...isn't that what Glass is here for because he's useless at everything else.
The game was tied so it would be foolish to take a penalty at that point in the game. Besides, Byfuglien is a big *****. He wouldn't answer the bell anyway.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

The game was tied at that time so i understand it, later on when he hit Zucc if someone got an instigator penalty then they would be suspended for the next game not worth it

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Embarrassing stuff from the NHL. A suspension that should have been at least double digits in games is probably only going to be a few games, if even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad