Proposal: Rangers/Islanders

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
jhs has 32 points in 39 games, not exactly struggling

Context:

Prior to those 2 games: 2 goals and 26 points in 37 games. That’s not struggling for a 22/23 year old who has had multiple cups of coffee at the NHL level?

Come on. I’m not saying he’s bad, I still think there’s a chance but to act like a prospect who was highly touted as he was who looked good in his brief stints at the NHL level isn’t struggling with those numbers is a little ridiculous.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Kreids one of the few forwards that could keep up with McD speed wise. He would also help by providing a nice screen for McD when setting up in O zone. They would compliment each other well, lol.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Kreids one of the few forwards that could keep up with McD speed wise. He would also help by providing a nice screen for McD when setting up in O zone. They would compliment each other well, lol.
Well, you guys would demand McDavid for Kreider, so that is not gonna work.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I just don't see the Rangers and Islanders working together on a trade.

Has only happened once before, with Jyri frikkin Niemi, a nothing prospect

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Well, you guys would demand McDavid for Kreider, so that is not gonna work.
Well you guys dealt the Great One so anything is possible. I don't see any deal here but I would like to see them play on the same line. OH and throw in Kucherov on the RW.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Context:

Prior to those 2 games: 2 goals and 26 points in 37 games. That’s not struggling for a 22/23 year old who has had multiple cups of coffee at the NHL level?

Come on. I’m not saying he’s bad, I still think there’s a chance but to act like a prospect who was highly touted as he was who looked good in his brief stints at the NHL level isn’t struggling with those numbers is a little ridiculous.
Context: if you artificially remove a player's two best games from his stat sheet, every player is going to look worse than they are.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Funny how every Rangers trade proposal turns into "yeah but I would trade for Kreider/Zibanejad." Yeah, and I would buy a yacht.

As for the OP, it's awful for the Islanders. I never understood the appeal with Hajek. He has like 20 points in his life. I have him below most of our D prospects.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
When making a proposal the other team's needs have to be considered. The Islanders are flush with young defense-men right now(some in the NHL, some at the Bridge and two from the last draft). Not only do I think the Islanders will not be trading for another defensive prospect I think they are going to have to trade one if not more of their prospects.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
I really like Zibanejad I just wouldn't want to pay what it would cost to pry him from the Rangers.
Also, neither team is going to want to deal with the other.

Could you imagine if by some miracle the Rangers traded what ended up being the missing piece over the next couple of seasons? I would not want to be that GM.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
The only thing JHS is struggling at is staying in the NHL. He's great in the AHL. Let's be real when coming up with nonsense words like "struggling". Only one of these prospects is "struggling" at the AHL level.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I do actually believe the Rangers and Islanders could make a trade this year but it will be something other than this. I can see the Islanders having interest in both Zucca and Hayes, and with the Rags going into a rebuild of sorts, old enmities might be put aside for a while

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I do actually believe the Rangers and Islanders could make a trade this year but it will be something other than this. I can see the Islanders having interest in both Zucca and Hayes, and with the Rags going into a rebuild of sorts, old enmities might be put aside for a while

I know you're from Norway and you would like to see Zucc on the Island, but that's not happening. Not ever. Never ever.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sold on Hajek, but I also don't have interest in acquiring JHS.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I know you're from Norway and you would like to see Zucc on the Island, but that's not happening. Not ever. Never ever.

Far from it. It would make lots of Norwegians wannabe Isles fans like there are tons of wannabe Rangers fans here now. People who are more Zucc fans than actual Rangers fans.

Player wise he is just what the Islanders need, and that's why I see then actually have interest in him.

Reactions: The Real JT

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
There are plenty of teams to get a forward from. No need to help the Rangers build their team.

What team? Hartford? I can't believe Lamarillo dislikes the Rangers that much that he wouldn't offload Kirill Kabanov 2.0.

BTW, rangers value Hajek more. He still has potential. Ho Sang seems destined to be a "****ing AHL All Star."

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Right, much in the same way the Islanders would only trade Bailey for Kravstov and a 1st. No other combination of assets in the Rangers organization comes remotely close to moving the needle for me. Really, this is about how much Bailey means to us, that's all.

Yeah but all your posturing about it doesn't mean much because the Rangers aren't rebuilding or looking to buy players

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad