Proposal: Rangers/Islanders

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not great stats for sure but D men take a lot lot longer to develop...just saying.
Defensman with terrible AHL stats that wouldn't even crack Bridgeport's black ace roster for Josh Ho-Sang just to get rid of him? I think Lou is a bit smarter then that.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
almost every team wants/could use him
few can afford/have cap immediately available, but most can do another deal to get that cap

thus, saying league wide demand is legit
if we made a poll in another thread, that would be proven

“Wants” and “could use” are vastly different
So is giving up assets to get him
Again, your opinion doesn’t constitute league wide demand

And I don’t see teams looking to make deals that shed cap space just to acquire Kreider

Reactions: PWJunior

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Would love to bump this thread in a few years. Two interesting cases:

Hajek is highly regarded but has had a tough season along with the rest of Hartford. Still looking forward to how he develops the next two years and I don’t think the org is deterred by his first season...I’m not.

Hosang imo won’t work out. Aside from his speed I don’t think he cuts it in the NHL. Not enough grit for bottom 6 and not enough ability for top 6. If he gets traded to a struggling club, he too willl struggle, and then he will quit.
makes sense that you’d think your guy will work out and ours won’t.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Man, it was going so well. The anti-Taveres chants at Rangers games. ME finally rooting for the Rangers against a team.
giphy.gif

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
makes sense that you’d think your guy will work out and ours won’t.

It does, actually. I don’t blame someone for saying Hajek will do nothing. I think he’s had a rough first year but still looks really promising.

On the flip side I don’t see it with Ho Sang. Not impressed. Tell me why he will turn it around?

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
We should just move on the one we don't need is more depth at D. We need to just hang on to Ho-Sang because he could be what we are missing. Scoring.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This thread got to 10 replies before the first "Dobson++ or get lost" ultimatum.
Which was first suggested not by a Rangers fan. I like Dobson a lot but Kreider is probably the Rangers best player and driver of the offense. You could understand why Ranger fans would not want to part with him without overpayment

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Defensman with terrible AHL stats that wouldn't even crack Bridgeport's black ace roster for Josh Ho-Sang just to get rid of him? I think Lou is a bit smarter then that.
20 years old and his first year. Look at a guy like DeAngelo. Just now he is developing into what many thought he would be at 23/24 years old . Giving up on a defenseman at 20 who has potential is a joke

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Which was first suggested not by a Rangers fan. I like Dobson a lot but Kreider is probably the Rangers best player and driver of the offense. You could understand why Ranger fans would not want to part with him without overpayment

Right, much in the same way the Islanders would only trade Bailey for Kravstov and a 1st. No other combination of assets in the Rangers organization comes remotely close to moving the needle for me. Really, this is about how much Bailey means to us, that's all.

Reactions: PWJunior

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'll keep Hajek., You keep Ho-Sang. I don't see the teams making a prospect for prospect trade anyway since there could be a clear winner and loser.

I think any trade right now would be picks/mid level prospects type for Zuccarello.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad